“Very good hostel”

and 1 more site!
Hostel Elf
Ranked #23 of 674 Specialty Lodging in Prague
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Hostel Elf is a good place to stay. Staff is helpful, lots of travellers from all over the world and good facilities (showers, breakfast, computers with internet and kitchen). Beside that, the hostel is very clean.
Only negative tving is, that it is located in Zizkov which is not in the city center. But right next to the hostel there is a bus stop that will take you to the city center for free in 10-15 minutes...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hostel Elf

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Pros:
clean toilets and showers and quite a few so there's limited waiting
lockers in rooms - large enough for cabin-sized baggage
breakfast included between 8-11am (from memory)...cold meat, cucumber, bread for toasting, jam, coffee
Free dinner on a Tue eve and hot wine on a Thurs
Approx a 20-30 min walk to town and very close to Florec station (5 min walk)

Cons:
I HATE smokers inside! expect to see the staff smoking around reception and guests smoking in the front common room. If you can't stand it or as mentioned in my title, asthmatic, then my advice is to try and find a hostel where smoking is to be done outside only.

Then again, it's Europe!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I only stayed here for one night and wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. I really like the character of the place, and even though I was in the room most of the time, seemed like a very social and friendly place. All sorts of people from different places hanging out. The kitchen downstairs is nice and they have a fridge (though no freezer I could find.) The wifi works better than most hostels I stay in which is a HUGE plus, although again I only used it for 20 minutes downstairs. They say the wifi works in the rooms but I never got a signal there. That's alright though I had an episode of Dexter downloaded and ready to watch. Staff seems nice and friendly. It's in a good location, a bit out of centre which is nice for me, but still has a lot of cool places very close, and it's a less expensive area than the main town. The hostel itself can be a bit expensive though, for the area. You could stay in that area and still have a good time but going into town does take some walking uphill a few blocks to get to the tram stop. Didn't use the showers but they looked alright, and they give you a towel to use. Breakfast is also better than most (with meat and cheese.) Locker in room for no extra cost. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My girlfriend and I spent four nights at Elf, and had a great time. The atmosphere is fantastic - there are multiple commons areas, and the place is always full of travelers from all around. The hostel itself is very clean, and the location is decent - about a 15 minute walk to old town square. My only complaint with the hostel is the demeanor of the staff. They acted like we were bothering them any time that we asked a question, and, save for one or two, they were not very helpful. Aside from that, great hostel, and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Lots of amenities, big comfortable rooms, great social space and cheap beers. Would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Fantastic atmosphere, plenty of clean toilets and private showers , never had to wait, own kitchen and computers, cheap beer, foosball table outdoor seating area, can't recommend highly enough. Zizkov is not at all touristy so the bars around are very cheap and friendly. You can get the bus right outside the hostel to old town square or you can walk in about 40 minutes.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Juggernaught
Reviewed June 3, 2012

To be honest I don't think the hostel could have rated any higher for me as I visited it out of season. I was there in February and it wasn't very busy, which since I was travelling on my own was a bit of blow as I was hoping to meet plenty of people to chill with.

The hostel was nice and clean and I heard the breakfast was nice too ( I never awoke early enough!) I stayed in a 6 person room which had decent sized lockers in the room. There was some nice touches like the fridge full of cheap beer and the free tea and coffee on offer 24/7.

Location was a 30 minute walk or short bus ride from the city centre which was fine by me.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo