The hotel's best feature is its location. Literally 30 seconds away from the start of one of the most luxurious shopping streets in Prague, the hotel is less than 5 minutes from the Astronomic Clock. It's also very close to Charles bridge and to tens of other local attractions. The second best feature of this hotel is its breakfast, which is in line with other 5-start hotels. Some of the staff is also very friendly and cooperative. Free wi-fi was a good add-on.
If you are looking for a good hotel in a good location, you should definitely consider this one. With one caveat: this is not a 5 star hotel.
Unfortunately, there are a number of reasons why I honestly think whoever gave this hotel 5 star was either drunk or crazy. The Intercontinental lies just besides it: compare the two and you'll see that the President is really just an excellent 3*** or a basic 4****.
This is why:
- our room was rather small
- a tiny car park (we were able to only park there for one night, outdoor for 28 euros).
- a tired look and feel of the hotel furniture and fixtures (our room had a 15-year old TV set with 5 channels all in Czech and 1 in Irish ?!?; some parts of the rooms' fixtures were badly damaged and the carpet was severely stained).
- No coffee-maker in the room.
- We got a beauty kit on the first day of our stay alone - nothing for the other 3 days. There was no body lotion, no bubble bath, no show polisher, no individual bottles for shampoo/conditioners/body soap.
- The elevator would only take us up to the fourth floor, although our room was on the fifth. Not sure why as there are lifts on the 5th.
- I never got to see the sauna as the only day I wanted to use it I was told that maintenance had declared it unusable for the day. We got no prior warning that this was the case so I planned my day so that I could be back early and enjoy a relaxing sauna for nothing. I have been in other 5-star where maintenance problems occured but I was notified at the start of the day by the hotel staff, offered excuses and a bottle of wine as a token of their apology - that's a 5 star service.
In conclusion: if you are not interested in luxury but sill want to stay at a good hotel; if location is more important than hotel services; if you're going to spend most of your day touring the city rather than working or relaxing from your hotel, then this is a good choice.
I hope this was helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The President Hotel in the centre of Prague is visited by fans of tourism and relaxation, namely thanks to its advantageous location. The President Hotel is located on the right bank of the Vltava river, between the Charles Bridge and the Cloister of St. Agnes of Bohemia. Thanks to its ideal position in the centre of Prague, the President Hotel is located only a short walk from renowned historical monuments such as the Charles Bridge, Prague Castle, Old Town Square, National Theatre, Jewish Quarter, Synagogues and other places of interest in the heart of one of the most beautiful cities of the Czech Republic. The unique position allows you to conveniently visit the Pařížská street, a luxurious shopping venue with an abundance of fashion shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Fastbooking, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your President Hotel Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prague President Hotel