“Quiet and comfortable”

Ranked #185 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Simple but comfortable, this hotel is easy to reach from the airport by public transport and is very conveniently located. Check in was fast and friendly. The room was adequate size, very clean, bathroom facilities new and WiFi worked very well. There is no lobby to speak of, but the restaurant area on the 1st floor is convenient for a meeting. Only one negative point to note - the website states "Make time for a workout at Ramada World Class Fitness, including a pool and massage service" - in reality this facility is NOT in the hotel, but is in fact located at the Julis Hotel, 300 meters away across and up the square. It is also not free, a daily pass costing 350 CZK. I think this is very deceiving, considering the inconvenience of using this facility in -2 degrees C weather and when one would have the impression that the sauna and pool could be directly accessed from within the building.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Peter_Dvorak, Manager at Ramada Prague City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Wshalev,
thank you for taking a time to share your opinion. Can you please provide me with link to this web sites as I am sure that such a information can't be anywhere. Please contact me directly at em@ramadaprague.com. Thank you very much.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This network usually does not disappoint. Once again we got a fair price, outstanding service for this price, stay in the city center close to all the places for sightseeing and fun. There is also a metro station close to the hotel. Breakfast is rich as all their hotels and rooms are spacious and clean. I sent my daughter and her boyfriend for five nights and it was fun and worthwhile- Despite the low temperatures :)

Room Tip: get the high floor
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Musa,
thank you very much for your appreciation and acknoledgement.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel is perfect for those looking for budget-friendly accommodations in a central location. Our flight arrived in Prague in the early am after a very early flight, during which we did not get much sleep. Needless to say, we were exhausted upon arrival and were hopeful that we would be able to check-in early. As I have noticed that hotel management responds to many (if not all) comments on this message board, candor requires that I note that we did not specifically request an early check-in prior to arrival. We were told that our room was not ready at 10:30 when we got to the hotel. We were told that everything was fully booked and that the 2pm check-in time was firm and that there had been 70 check-outs that morning. Nonetheless, management was well-aware that we had arrived and that we had asked to check-in early. After touring for about 2.5 hours, we returned to the hotel to find out (in a less-than-friendly tone) that the room was still not ready. I was astounding to us that management could not have possibly arranged for our room to be prepared after they were notified that we were there and patiently waiting. The demeanor of the front desk personnel remained distant and borderline agitated when assistance was requested (with the exception of calling us a taxi to the airport...perhaps they were happy to see us off). While we do recommend this hotel, it comes with the caveat that budget friendly is absolutely not synonymous with welcoming.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tourist4fun

Dear Sir,
It makes me uneasy to read review such as yours, but I trying to learn from it also. Our regular check-in is, as you've been informed by reception, at 2 PM. Should the room are ready earlier we let guests in of course. Sadly that was not the case with you. I hope you will choose us again next time to see that we are still progressing.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My son in law and grand daughter stayed in this hotel for two nights and three days. The two rooms on the top floor have a terrace exclusively for these two rooms on this floor Also a separate lift .The castle is walking distance from the hotel A taxi was provided to us whch covered almost all the major atttractions of Prague The guide was very friendly and answered all are queries

Room Tip: A very good hotel The room on the top floor has a terrace wher you can sit and smoke and have a drin...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank patankar-ahd
Peter_Dvorak, Manager at Ramada Prague City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

dear Patankar,
I am really glad that your daughter and her husband enjoyed their stay in our hotel. You are more than welcome to come as well. Room on top floor with terrace and view to Prague castle are spectacular. :)

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel at the end of February for a mini break, we were actually due to return to another hotel which we have previously stayed at 5 times but were moved here upon arrival due to maintenance problems.

It was a lovely surprise, reception staff were friendly and informative and our room was perfect, it was spacious with plenty of wardrobe space, a clean shower room and a huge terrace which was nice and secluded and we often made use of it for a drink before hitting the town.

The Hotel bar was lovely and over looked Wincelas Square, it was heaven sipping a coffee and watching the world go by after a morning & afternoon of sight seeing. Again the staff in the Bar were faultless.

Overall we were very impressed with the hotel and would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend to family or friends..... in fact we travelled with another couple who also agree this hotel was great.

Thank you to all the staff at this hotel for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lauren2323

Hello Lauren,
thank you so much for taking a time and sharing your review, here on TripAdvisor, it really pleases us.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights during a business trip - and wasn't impressed at all.

I have to say that it was pretty affordable, but that doesn't justify the serious flaws, I encountered.

First of all my room (319) wasn't very clean. There were some strange stains on the side of my bed and on a bathing towel - and although the latter seemed to have went to the cleaner's, it wasn't nice to see this old stain, that obviously wouldn't go away. Also there were some strange blotches on the bathroom ceiling.

When I opened the mini bar, I found an old opened beer can that had probably been left by the previous guest. It was still half full of beer.

The worst experience, however, was at the reception: when I had to go to a business meeting, I asked the receptionist to call me a taxi. I did this, because I had experienced being ripped off by a taxi driver the evening before - and I've always thought, that at least hotel personnel could be trusted.

However, when my colleague and I got into the "taxi", we realised that the hotel had chosen to order some sort of shuttle limousine - even though I had explicitly said "taxi". And that cost us double the amount of a regular taxi fare. Not cool at all.

The hotel as such seemed very old and worn - I'm sure it is from before the fall of the iron curtain. The breakfast was ok. To be fair, the hotel is centrally located - and as I said: affordable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Berlinaut

Dear Berlinaut,
I am very sorry to hear about this, so I'll try to clearify the situation. Reception staff is obliged to to call this taxi company which we have a contract with for exact reason you saying - to prevent our guests being ripped off. I admit that our service is little bit more expensive than regular taxi, but we guarantee the rates as per printed text on reception desk, multi-lingual drivers, luggage handling and good service. I hope that next time you'll visit us, all will go smoothly.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We went to Prague for a half term break. This hotel was reasonably priced and very easy to find from the airport. I would advise getting the 119 bus to the end of its route (Dejvicka).Take the green metro line 4 stops to Mustek and look for the street name. The hotel is towards the end of the street heading up hill towards the Museum. Paul's patisserie is directly opposite ( great for an evening snack). Breakfast was fine enough to fill you up for the day ahead. Staff were very friendly. Room was extremely clean. FAB CITY TO VISIT.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Devon415

Dear Devon,
thank you very much for your review and best journey description. :)