“This is a good Hotel to explore Prague from”

Ranked #185 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We found this to be a good hotel with suited our requirements. Our room was nice and warm (zero degrees outside!) and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was spacious with a very good shower. It's located in Wenceslas square and about a 5 minute walk from the Old Town and where the Christmas markets start. The staff were always helpful and friendly. The breakfast is continental with a good variety of cereals, fruits and salads and plenty of coffee. The concierge service arranged a transport for us to and from the airport (30mins journey). There are a couple of lovely restaurants right beside the hotel with the italian being very good. We had a nice time in Prague and would be happy to come back to the Ramada

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ElderlemonDublin
Peter_Dvorak, Manager at Ramada Prague City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Elederlemon,
thank you for taking your time to post the review.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

What a nice play to stay! The hotel is located in the very heart of this beautiful city in Europe, in walking distance to all the sights you can possibly see. Me and my wife had a wonderful time enjoying those lovely places. This whole experience wouldn't be so smooth if we didn't receive some good advice from the helpfull and nice front desk staff, especially the young guy there who helped us very much regarding our interests we wanted to explore. And his English confused me as much as I almost considered him a native Englishman, well done there :-)

As for the hotel in general, everything seemed just fine. We were given a nice clean nonsmoking room facing the main square (as we wished and WILL wish for our next visit again). And even though they don't have their own pool, you can enjoy some swimming and relax just 'next door' at their neighbour hotel that belongs under the same company as we were told, only a few steps away.

Simply excellent!

Mel & Sandra, Manchester, U.K.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor in A tower to have an exquisite view to the large historic square full of life...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Mel (& Sandra), :)
reviews like your's always made my day. Thank you very much. Should you decide to come back to Prague, we'll be delighted to give you a treat.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed here for four nights in Dec 2012.
We arrived late around 1am staff got us checked in quickly and informed us how to get to our room.

Room was huge with a bedroom and a TV room bathroom with double sinks.

Breakfast isn't up to much but there is more than enough cafes and restaurants in the area.

Very close to all the shops.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear Shaunie,
thank you for the review. We change our breakfast menu several times a year, so next time you'll come, you'll be satisfied I believe. :)

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We have just returned from a stay at this hotel. We arrived early (noon) and our room wasn't ready, but they were able to hold our bag so we could explore Wenceslas Square until 2pm. Our friends (who arrived from the states two days later at 9:30am) we able to go straight to their room. The hotel says that if the room is ready, you can go in. The room was large, clean and comfortable, although our bed had crunchy mattress protectors that tended to wake me up every time I turned over. It also go bunched up, so when I did wake up, I found it very uncomfortable. I took it off for our last night there. The breakfast was adeqauate, service from staff was helpful and the experience was pleasant. On our last night, there was a loud music event happening near by that was noisy enough to hear in the room, but it finished by 10pm. As we needed to leave at 4:00am, we arranged for a taxi through the hotel, and they also provided us with a packed breakfast. All in all - a satisfactory experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hildegardv

Dear Hildegard,
thank you for your coment. We always try to accomodate guest as soon as possible as we know that traveling can be very exhausting these days.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Very well located Hotel - Comfortable large room - comfy bedding - all areas very clean - Good choice of foods forbreakfast. All staff more than helpful , courtious and polite. would definately recommend and choose to stay should i returnto Prague

Room Tip: If like me you are a bad sleeper aim for a room at the back - so quiet actually slept better than at...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Globetha,
I am very glad that satisfied guest like you, appreciate the work we do here. Thank you so much. :)

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We have recently returned from Prague having stayed 3 nights at the Ramada. The location is good, the entrance and first view of the hotel is not that impressive but it does get better. Our room was pretty poor in my opinion for what was meant to be a four star hotel. The room was very small, two single beds pushed together with single quilts. Not great for a couple but that was no big deal. The pillows for us personally were terrible we had to ask on no less than 4 times for more pillows this was not addressed till the next day and after asking 3 times that afternoon. Promised they would deliver the pillows but they never came. This may not affect anyone else put to me it was a problem we wanted addressed and they took there time over it. No tea or Coffee making facilities, instead they push the mini bar onto you, even leaving bottles out on the dressing table wanting you to purchase. Don't they prices are ridiculous, there was no bath in our room just a shower. Again this may not bother some but because it was cold weather, and you spend alot of time walking around a nice bath would have been lovely to relax. The breakfast was ok, lots of choice but personally not my bag. overall the hotel is in a great location the staff are very friendly the hotel is cleanish but don't expect to much and you won't be disappointed.
I would not return to the hotel, I would return to Prague one day but stay somewhere else. Visited Budapest earlier that year and found it a much nicer place.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Ashley,
thank you for sharing your opinion online. Please be advised that we take all your complaints very seriously and will work all the issues out. As for the tea/coffee making facility - you can have one in your room however there is a small fee. We don't want to push anybody anywhere much worse to buy minibar produtcs. I am really sorry for your uncomfort.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel four times now & I will be back again, checkin was easy & flawless, staff were welcoming & helpful on advising on what attractions & restaurants to visit. Upon entering my double room it had most amenities that I require on a visit, I don't general spend time in my hotel room except for sleeping. So a mini-bar,great TV,bathrobe,slippers,newspaper & most importantly an in-room safe was all I needed.

The hotel gives guests access to a nearby health & fitness club which is well worth a visit. The hotel also has a dry cleaning service the usual turn around time is 2-3 hours which is great.

To see my Prague holiday video please see my video here

bit.ly/YEPuyY

Room Tip: ask for 4th floor with window view over Wenceslas Square.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Peter_Ramada_Prague, Manager at Ramada Prague City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Skliffy,
thank you very much for your unflagging faith in our hotel. I like your video a lot. Please contact me at em@ramadaprague.com so we can discuss if we can post it on our Facebook page for others to see it too.