“It is a pearl on the Kampa Island”

The Golden Scissors
Ranked #69 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I was really impressed by the beaty of Praga but I remained more impressed by the hotel where I stayed with my husband and my kids. "At the golden scissors" hotel can be considered as a pearl on the Kampa Island. It is clean and comfortable. It is very near to the most important attractions and it is located under the Charles Bridge.
Daniel and Thomas are two wonderful persons, very carefull to your needs and wishes. PERFECT. I advise this hotel for your stay in Prague.

Room Tip: Number 10 is the golden view room.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank annaenzo
There are newer reviews for The Golden Scissors

Reviewed April 25, 2011

What a wonderful location, so accessible to EVERYTHING. The hotel is classed as a 4 star but the service that the staff provide should have it rated as a 5 star. It was our 2nd visit to Prague and we chose the same hotel again purposely, after a wonderful experience the last time, even down to providing us with a packed lunch to take on the train to Bratislava as we were leaving at 05.00am, they didn't. have to, but they went out of their way to bring it to our room. The staff are priceless and the restaurant menu is very delicious, good food, welll presented and you even get a 10% discount as a resident, Priceless. Customer service at its best.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PlymouthJoeyA
Reviewed January 18, 2011

We have stayed twice in the last 5 years in this hotel. I really love their location, the rooms, the service and their really good restaurant!
When we decided last year to make a trip to Prague it was a given that we would stay at the Golden Scissors. Both times we have stayed there our rooms were big and extremely clean, their prices were good and their food great.
We pretty much walked everywhere, it is just a few steps from St. Charles bridge and extremely easy to find.
I have to give my personal thanks to Daniel at the front desk, for being extremely helpful and a nice person all around.

PS/ just be aware that it doesn't have elevators.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Sglw
Reviewed December 12, 2010

I recently stayed here with my sister, niece and daughter for a few nights. My daughter found this hotel online after much research. We had flown here from Venice and took the train from the airport and then had to board a bus. I would recommend taking a cab.
We found our hotel. It was in a little town square near the Charles River Bridge. The staff was so nice. There is a restaurant and we ate there twice. Good food. This was one of my favorite places on our trip. To get to the Historic center of Prague, it is across the bridge.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jrdice
Reviewed October 29, 2010

Overall, had a wonderful stay at this hotel. We arrived in Prague and the taxi I had arranged with the hotel was not at the station, so my wife and I walked to the hotel. Now having flown half way around the world and then jumped on a 4 hour train, we were not overly happy. We arrived at the hotel and checked in. I had specifically asked for Room 10, and for our sins, they gave it to us. It was up four flights of stairs, and after our walk…let's just say we slept well that night. This is a very nice hotel in a PERFECT location. My wife and I walked all over the city, and the hotel's central location soon became evident. An added bonus, there was a fun little festival right outside the hotel the entire time we were there. The breakfast is good; not great. Room 10 was wonderful and my wife and I didn't mind the 4 flights of steps. They did arrange a taxi to the train station when we left. Would we stay here again; you bet!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ben17a
Reviewed October 28, 2010

Absolutely wonderful find, the location could not have been better, right next to the Charles Bridge in a quiet little square, but really close to the sights. The hotel was extremely clean. Both the bedrooms we had were very large with chairs, table, tv and one had a sofa as well. The bathrooms were spotless and very large. The young man on reception spoke perfect english and was very helpful. Breakfast was continental with hot sausages and hot boiled eggs, and was very good. The hotel gave a 10% discount off the evening meal and this was again very good with a wide choice of dishes. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank speedbirdLondon
Reviewed October 20, 2010

The hotel is located right off the bridge in an adorable little square. Its small and has lots of stairs, but the rooms were good sized and comfortable. We were there with children and took one of the bigger suite rooms. There was plenty of space for all of us and the bathroom was decent sized too - and had a tub/shower.

The staff was quite pleasant and they had a really good continental breakfast each morning. All you have to do to get to downtown is cross the bridge. Its also quite close to the Castle so you are within walking distance to just about all the great sites.

The only negative is that there is no parking anywhere close to it. We had to park in a city lot and it was a bit expensive.

If you are in Prague and need a great place to stay in a great location I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family