“stay here purely for good location”
Review of Old Prague Hotel

Old Prague Hotel
Ranked #261 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Sydney, Australia
“stay here purely for good location”
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Central to everything and so easy to walk everywhere! Im a young female first time traveling to Europe on my own in the middle of summer and wanted somewhere in Prague where i could be safe and also easy to get to all the main areas. Old Prague Hotel ticked all the boxes. Close to some great restaurants and pubs (czech beer was amazing and so cheap- equivalent to just over 1 euro!) My only disappointment was when i booked i emailed them directly to get a room with a view which they emailed straight away saying that was no problem at all. Great! Ofcourse i turned up and they gave me a room on the first floor with a view of the back of some building! When i questioned them they said they were completely booked and that they've had so many requests for rooms with views! I didnt complain because i was only there for two days but i was extremely disappointed because i booked months before! If they told me they couldnt provide me with a good room i probably would have paid more money at another hotel for a better view. Also breakfast was extremely basic, some dry pieces of bread with butter, cold meats, pate and cheese and juice and a tea bag. Also my double bed was two single beds put together and the tv didnt work! So if you are looking for a clean place to stay and not fussed about breakfast and service and amenities but want a good location then book at the Old Prague Hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank kittykat_206

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 8, 2009

This hotel is really nice, the staff are very friendly and the location is just excellent. All the tourist sites are within walking distances.

Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Warwick
Reviewed August 2, 2009

I have stayed here probably half dozen times, mainly for it's location - 5 mins walk from Wenceslas Square and The Old Town. Rooms are adequate with tv showing CNN. En-suite with hairdrier, etc. Dont ask for an ironing board they dont have one. I think the hotel must have been taken over recently as when I stayed this time (Aug 2009) the breakfasts were not as good. Only luke warm water for one cup of tea and terrible coffee. Also no bowls for cereals (had to use a tumbler)However all that said i think it is value for money and if/when I return to Prague again would I stay here again? yes I would.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank Setch
Germany
Reviewed March 5, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Old Prague Hotel for two nights during a recent trip to Prague. The hotel has recently been renovated and changed it's name from the Prague Expres Hotel to the Old Prague Hotel.

We could not have been happier with the hotel. It is very well located and our room was a decent size. It was noisy one night - a lot of door slamming - but the next night not a sound could be heard.

Breakfast was brought to the room and we greatly enjoyed that. It was brought early - about 20 minutes early but we were up and ready so we did not have a problem with that. Breakfast consisted of some rolls, jams, nutella, coffee, juice, yogurt, and cereal. We were very pleased with it.

During our stay the hotel was running a super special - we only paid about 55 dollars a night for our room! It was an amazing price for such a super hotel!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank megginc
kilkenny ireland
Reviewed August 21, 2008

stayed in the expres, feburary 2008 after staying there the 3 previous years,
it is a real jem big spacious rooms and very cheap as we booked 2 single rooms every time at a mere 65euro a night with breakfast,
they arrange a taxi to pick you up from the airport and the same for the way back at a good price and relaible.
it is very central 5 mins walk to any of the good locations.
staff are extremely helpfull and provide a security box at front of house at a small price.
this would suit all ages and especially young singles.

• Liked — central location and cheap
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank philpotno7
bristol
Reviewed March 5, 2008

i would recommend this hotel everytime been here 3 times and am planning to go back there next year location first class close to everything from the minute you got there to the minute youleft

Stayed February 2008
1 Thank tesmic
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 31, 2007

Prague is absolutely gorgeous! I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in October based primarily on the reviews posted here. Room No 7 was large, comfortable and clean with an enormous bathroom by any standard. I was picked up at the airport by the hotel`s recommended car service who had to wait two hours for my arrival due to flight delays in London.

My first nights (Sunday) sleep was a wonderful 12 hours thanks to exhaustion and a comfy bed. However, the next two nights were interrupted by the singing and music emanating from the night club downstairs which started at 10pm. I was prepared for this from the reviews listed here and after inserting earplugs I was able to sleep soundly. Many people, I`m sure, would not find it as disturbing as I did. I can sleep with heavy traffic outside but not with music playing.

The schoolyard out the back didn`t bother me as I was usually awake by 6am. The staff spoke English and were helpful and courteous. I pretty much did my own thing so didn`t need to consult them too much. The breakfasts were plentiful and arrived on time each morning. On my last day, when I needed to leave before normal breakfast time, they were able to provide it 30 mins earlier.

You do hear everything that goes on in the corridors. Thankfully, I didn`t have too many raucous neighbours at night.

The location is excellent. It`s just a 5 min walk to the Old Town Square. I did not need to use public transport in Prague. I was able to walk to everything I wanted to see from the hotel.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who can tolerate a bit of dulled music at night.

• Liked — Spacious room and bathroom
  • Disliked — Night club noise from downstairs
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)