“Prague Location Great”
Review of Hotel Liberty

Hotel Liberty
Ranked #25 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had a great stay at the Liberty as a family traveling with 4. We drove into Prague and finding it was difficult and parking was very expensive and not convenient. The hotel only has pedestrian access. Once there, parked and settled our stay was great. The breakfast and staff were great and the location allowed us to never need our car once there, we used public transportation or walked everywhere. We were surprised to not have a shower...we got by but a shower would have been preferred. Room was clean and we loved Prague!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Torylynn B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,209)

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The Liberty has an excellent location, just off Wenceslas Square. We walked from the main station in 15 minutes. In fact we didn't need public transport at all during our stay.

The hotel is not really a ****: with a very narrow entrance and reception area it is more of a tourist ***. But our room was tastefully furnished, the windows were well insulated and the air-conditioning worked efficiently without a loud noise. WLAN access was free.

Breakfast was in the basement – unfortunately the street café seems to be run as a separate enterprise - but the room was nicely decorated and the choice of food quite reasonable.

The combination of location, reasonable price and comfortable if simple facilities make the Liberty a good choice for short stay tourists. We would come again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel-Liberty, General Manager at Hotel Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Mr. Ian,

Thank you very much for your feedback and for the nice words you spent for us.
I accept your opinion concerning the category of our hotel, but I have to answer that the category of one hotel in Czech Republic does not depend from the size of the lobby and from the width of the entrance, if would be so, we would be probably a 2 stars.
We are a small hotel located in the center with a total of 33 rooms, and the size of the public area is proportionated to the maximum number of guest we are able to accommodate.
Anyway I am glad to read that you appreciate our service and our rooms, and that you had a good time with us. The most important thing is that you ha a good time with us and that you will come back again.

Looking forward to see you soon

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located in the heart of all the tourist attractions. It is near Wencesclas Square but not too close for guests to be disturbed by any noise. The hotel is close to the subway and just a five- minute walk to the Old Town Square and Astronomical Clock and a further few minutes' walk to the Charles Bridge. There are lots of cafes and stores nearby too. My room was very spacious and clean. It had lots of closet space and a safe, a flat screen TV with several channels, a comfortable queen bed and French windows with a Juliet balcony overlooking the cobbled street and the Café Liberty below. I had read about the shower before I arrived so I was not surprised that there was no shower curtain or stall. I had to use the hand held shower to take a shower but it wasn't as inconvenient as I had feared. The buffet breakfast in the basement breakfast room was very good with a variety of hot and cold selections of dishes such as scrambled eggs, sausages, pancake, yogurt, fresh rolls, fruit, hot beverages etc., The receptionist was professional and helpful in booking tours and concert tickets directly and had information on all types of concerts to choose from. The negatives about this hotel were the loud construction noise during the day and the rude breakfast waitress who snapped at me when I asked her which button to press for the hot water (for tea)! Finally, while I realize (from reading reviews) that Café Liberty is not part of the hotel, because it shares the ground floor of Hotel Liberty, its level of customer service and staff behavior somewhat contribute to the overall impression of the hotel. Most of the waitresses were nice and accommodating but one of them freaked out one morning when I came by to return a plate and cutlery that I had taken upstairs to my room (in lieu of room service) the night before, simply because the Café was not open yet and I had interrupted a chat among colleagues (some who were hotel staff) all seated at one table.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side away from the main entrance would be less noisy as the construction is close to th...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Rachel733
Hotel-Liberty, General Manager at Hotel Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Rachel 733,
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write this review.
Me and my staff we are glad to read that you enjoyed our location, the comfort of our rooms with all the comforts, and our breakfast buffet. I would like to inform you anyway, that we have 11 rooms with shower, and 5 rooms with bath and bath screen. We are planning to put the bath screen in all the room with bath tub, anyway in the main while to be sure to get one room with bath screen, it is better to ask that when you make the reservation.
Concerning the reconstruction in the building beside, I can confirm you that today no noise was coming from there. As the investors promise us, seems that the noisy job is almost over and as I could note today, seems that this is true.
I feel to apologize for the behavior of the girl in the breakfast room, even if the breakfast and the café is managed by another company. I was talking about that already with the manager of the Cafeteria and honestly in the last periods the situation seemed to be improved, but as I can read I was wrong.
After your report I decided to start to make some periodical training program for the waitress. It is a little bit strange for me, because I do it already for my employees but I never did it for the staff of un other company, anyway I spoke already with the manager of the cafeteria and I will do that, so I am sure that if you would decide to come back in our hotel, you will see a big improvement on the behavior of the Breakfast staff.
Thank you once again for your feedback,

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We loved the location within walking distance of everything we wanted to see on our first visit to Prague. Rooms had enough storage space to live there! Modern, well lighted. Staff was very efficient in meeting our needs. Breakfast was great and it was nice to be able to use the internet at no extra fee. Our only negative about the stay was a LOT of noise from construction going on right next door; one day it sounded like they were going to jackhammer right through our wall; however, we spent little daytime hours in the room anyway, and it's a temporary situation. You might want to request a room on the opposite end of the hotel until that construction is done. We were more impressed with Prague and its beauty than with our subsequent riverboat trip in Russia. We'd go back in a heartbeat. Two retired female teachers traveling on our own but we felt safe. Good value.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank milliemac8
Hotel-Liberty, General Manager at Hotel Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback and for all the beautiful words you spent for us.
I am sorry for the noise from the building beside the hotel. Unfortunately the building does not belong to us and if they work during the day time (9am-8pm) we cannot even complain with the police because they have the permission from the city all.
The situation anyway it is temporary and as the investors promised us, the noisy job is almost over and soon will definitely stop.
The building will be a luxury shopping center which should be opened within December of this year if the schedule will be respected.
I really hope to welcome once again at the Liberty.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I come to Czech regularly but rarely stay in Prague but decided to stay the night before heading out the the relatives place.

This hotel is in a great location and is a stones the stones thrown from Wencesclas square and a short walk from Old Town Square.

The rooms a decent and a good size with all the usual mod cons. The breakfast was also good and there was an an excellent coffee machine that was very welcome.

I would definitely stay here again in Prague.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alan222
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We picked the Hotel Liberty based on its past TripAdvisor rating and we were not disappointed. The hotel sitting minutes away from many of the iconic historic places in Old Prague. A subway station is next door. And a multiple of restaurants and shopping are close by. Driving to the hotel is a bit of a challenge since the street it sits on is closed to traffic (trust your GPS). After walking to the hotel, staff brought a cart to bring our luggage to the hotel). We parked at a parking garage about 10 blocks away adjacent to the National Museum complex (about $35/day $$$$). The hotel has 5 floors of rooms and is clean & well maintained. The lobby is very small. Private outside seating to the rear was closed to construct of an adjacent hotel. We had a lot of construction noise in the room since we were directly next to the construction. But you don't book this hotel for leisurely resting in your room I'd assume. Breakfast was include and was a good typical European breakfast outlay. My only real complaint was our room did not have a shower and a deep tub without safety rails. If you have limited mobility, it would be difficult to use the tub. I would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from construction next door. Be aware weekend pricing is about 75% higher than w...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tazmansd
Hotel-Liberty, General Manager at Hotel Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Tazmansd,
Thank you very much for your feedback. Yes it is true, we are in a pedestrian area where it is not possible to access by car. In one way it is a good thing, because we are far from the traffic noises but in un other way it is a pitty because we do not have our own garage and our guests travalling by car have to use some garage close by the hotel.

The garages are not cheap. Think that the standard cost for 24 hours is 62 USD. The garage you was using cost 60 usd to the public but we our Guest get almost 50% discount. Yes the discount is high, but the rate remain high and we can do nothing for that.

We have some room with shower, some other with bathtub provided with bathscreen and some other with bath without bathtub. Of course those without bath screen are not good to take a shower. Nex time, If we will have the pleasure to accomadate you in our hotel once again,we will be glad to provide you one room with shower, but I would suggest you to ask that at the moment you make the reservation.

I am sorry for the noise in the building beside. In ture we are a little bit frustrated about this situation, because we can do nothing for it. The city all gave them the right to work within 9am and 8pm and as they respect this they have the law in their side. Anyway It is a temporary situation and soon we will come back to the normality.

I really hope to welcome back at the Liberty hotel,

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Terrific hotel. Great location within easy walking distance of both the old town and shopping. Well furnished room of reasonable size. Good breakfast and great internet service included in rate. Friendly helpful staff.

Stayed: June 2013