“A fun stay in a very special hotel”

Art Deco Hotel Imperial
Ranked #50 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Spectacular interiors , hidden in a depressing grey building on a very ordinary street. Don't miss it, completely restored Art Deco interior... every inch covered. If you don't stay here at least have dinner. Reservations a must!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Art Deco Hotel Imperial

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We are a member of worldwide machinery groups Caterpillar and Zeppelin. In April we held Caterpillar Strategic Worldwide Meeting in Art Deco Imperial Hotel. All participants have very satisfied with accommodation, meeting rooms, catering and the other services, incl. specific restaurant requirements.
We recommend Art Deco Imperial Hotel to all our foreign visitors and partners not only for accommodation, but for personal or business meetings in beautiful mood too.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

A great hotel, excellent rooms, friendly and helpful staff. The famous Cafe, where we had breakfast, is the best example of Art Deco and Art Nouveau styling in Prague. The Cafe is open for everyone during the day so we could truly enjoy the atmosphere of the city! The Imperial is also in a great location, only a few minutes' walk to the old town square and republic square with subway and great shopping mall...

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed three nights at this amazing hotel and we were very happy with the services we get. The room was nice equipped with an amazing view toward the Prague Castle!!! AMAZING!!!! Delicious breakfast, unique atmosphere. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Art Deco Imperial offered a nice stay for a six days vacation for a reasonable amount of money.

The hotel is located just about 10 minutes walk (or about 1,1 km) from the Prague old town square, so most of the city is easily within walking distance.

The building's architecture and decour are beautiful. It is actually smaller inside and less grandiose than it appears on pictures on the hotel's website, This also means after a while there's a very cozy and intimate atmosphere, when the staff remembers your preferred drinks at the bar etc.

Their breakfast, lunch and dinner restaurant Café Imperial seems to be a popular place to meet for tourists and local businesspeople. Our reservation included a terrific buffet breakfast there. I enjoyed good coffee, juices, freshly baked breads, different types of cold cuts (for example ham and salmon). several kinds of cheese, very good yoghurt, bacon, eggs, fried omelette etc. However, there wasn't much variety in the selection during those six days.

We booked a basic Deluxe room on their website with airport transfers, because we had read taxis in Prague can be unreliable. This was a good service for 1500 CZK (about 61 euros) from the airport to the hotel and back to the airport. Our driver was already waiting outside the luggage claim area when we arrived.

There are just a few details I could complain about. If you stay in a basic Deluxe room, you have to pay an outrageous price for using the wireless network in your room, 60 euros a day or so. I heard their bigger rooms (which are significantly more expensive) also include the wireless Internet (WiFi) service. So my advice is to check this in advance if Internet access is a must.

This didn't ruin my trip, because you get one hour of internet access at the lobby when having breakfast or when you drink something at tbe bar. I was on vacation, so this was enough for me. However, it was a bit awkward to keep asking that password on a piece of paper several times a day.

The lobby bar was a bit expensive too. for example two glasses of red wine and an espresso café cost 375 Czech Korunas (about 15 euros), at least compared to the local price level in Prague. But I wouldn't mind, because there are nice bars and restaurants quite nearby.

It's worth noting the images on hotel's website seem to represent the larger rooms. Our basic deluxe room on the 5th floor was very small. We got a room with a shower (as requested), but there was also a bath tub, so the combined bath and toilet room was very cramped. I almost had to get in there sideways and I still kept myself to somewhere.

The hotel staff felt businesslike polite, but not always overly friendly. I guess they were reserved, because we were just regular tourists who found an affordable deal online.

Room Tip: Check if you can get a room that includes WiFi, if you need to work in your room. They charge an out...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tero Lehto
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This hotel deserves all the great comments. I have stayed there for many times as I am a regular guest and I really like the hotel. The staff is always very friendly and is able to assist you in all unexpected situations. I always have a nice room... The only negative is, that there is no pool, but the hotel is historical property and in Prague, there are better ways how to spend your time!!!

Room Tip: ask for a room in the courtyard, they are absolutely quiet...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I stayed at the Imperial hotel three nights. We decided to stay here because of the unique interior and also because of the great comments we saw on this webiste - Trip Advisor. I really enjoyed the large and well equiped room with a coffee maker, daily turn down service and especially the delicious breakfast at the café with extremely high cellars. I would love to come back soon...

Room Tip: Book a high floor and get a nice view.