“They wave goodbye when you leave...”
Review of Pension Vetrnik

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Prague
Pension Vetrnik
Ranked #39 of 363 Prague B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 1, 2012

As others have said, you feel at home... The mama makes your breakfast to order. The family that works the hotel are the parents and a brother/sister. You might want to have your GPS, but you still might have a problem finding the hotel... that's good! You are close to the tram to get to the city and Blanka has tickets available. We had to reschedule more than once and they accommodated us without any problems.

The rooms are very nice, the brother will help carry your bags to the room (might be a good idea!) and the parking is directly in front of the rooms. The reception was in the base of a very old windmill... interesting !

We almost need to go back to Prague just so we can stay with the family again. Ask the father about life under the communist.... interesting for USA folks !

Room Tip: Get good directions... finding the location is a little bit of a challenge. Once there you will be...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gbzia

Reviewed December 12, 2011

This is the second time that i have stayed here. It will always be my home base when i go to prague. The rooms are extremely comfortable. The bathrooms are great. I felt that i was in the country even though i was in the middle of the city. What a little oasis in the chaotic city of Prague. The food is top notch. Stay for dinner! This B & B is very handy to the city, being close to the tram line. Don't worry, your charming host Milos will teach you how to use it! Plus, it is nice to stay where normal people live! Become a temporary local! Milos is a walking history book. Take advantage of his experience.

Room Tip: i like getting the room with a balcony so that i can sit, read a book, write postcards or just watch...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank bbbuttercup
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This is by far the best place we have stayed while in Europe for the past 7 weeks. Milos and his family make you feel so welcome and so special that you do not want to leave. The rooms are very comfortable and there is so much history. The breakfasts are by far the very best. Fresh fruit on your own table, yogurt, breads (you can have toast) cakes, and then a made to order hot breakfast. The scrambled eggs are the best I have had or try an omellette! The dinners are also outstanding. Milos was a professional chef and told us that he would surprise us at dinner and what an understatement. A 3 course meal for less than $40.00 CAD, all freshly made and traditional Czech cuisine. They have tram tickets that you can buy and it takes less than 20 minutes to town. The gardens are very lovely and relaxing. He lights a fire for your dinner and makes sure you are comfortable. His daughter Blanka also works very hard to ensure your comfort and always with a smile on her face and a "no problem". They are not in the business for the money but because they truly enjoy people.
We highly recommend this pace to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank margo c
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We were so impressed by the hospitality, GREAT food (both breakfast & dinner), and the people who run this beautiful little paradise in Prague. Milos and his daughter Blanka, speak brilliant english and were terrific about helping us with the tram (the stop very close to their pension) and directions to sites to see. I would highly recommend this place and would return to stay here in the future!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank jsmercerisland
Reviewed June 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Pension Vetrnik 3 nights in May 2011. We agree 100% with all the acolades of other guests. The hospitality was unsurpassed, the cuisine a welcome find and the historic buildings and grounds a grand memory for years to come!However, my graditude to Milos,Blanka and their family stretches far beyond the fine establishment they have lovingly preserved, renovated and maintained for the traveler seeking a unique lodging experience.
I lost my passport in the Prague airport. While fortunate to stop a English speaking,techno-savvy young man at the central bus station on the way in from the airport who aided me getting Milos on the phone,as well as,calling us a taxi, I must credit Milos with his extraoridinary efforts on our behalf to locate authorities that could facilitate the search. By the time we arrived at the Pension, the proper officials were notified and Milos further helped by not stopping there,but going on the try to call passport bureau, and Embassy numbers. All the time he was trying to calm me and reassuring me and reinterating"I am here for you".
With in 3 hours local officers and airport security had secured my passport at the Prague airport and all we had to do was return there via bus to retrieve the passport with tokens provided by the Pension. Milos even walked us to the bus stop to make sure we were on the correct bus! All was well and the remaining 2 weeks of our trip were possible.
Of course I must thank the fine young Czech man for assisting and the honesty of the traveler who turned in my passport,but it was Milos,Blanka and family/staff who made our trip not only totally pleasurable,but possible as well.
If I am fortunate enough to ever get to Prague again, it will take but one e-mail to get our room at Pension Vetrnik where "They are there for YOU"

Room Tip: some rooms up 2-3 levels
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JoeandNancy2010
Reviewed June 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Vetrnik for three nights in May; what an enjoyable stay! It is true what others have noted about the welcoming and friendly hosts--Milos and Blanka. Also true what folks have noted about the charm of the old building and the tranquility of the garden and grounds on which the building sits...and the unsightly neighboring property which appears to be a gym or sports center that sees minimal, if any, ongoing use.

Our room was of comfortable size, not large. The bathroom was adequate, not luxurious. Both were within our expectations. We did find that the towels were strangely small and in one case rough as sandpaper. Nothing significant enough to impact our impression of the place.

You'll enjoy plentiful breakfasts which can include eggs made to order if you so desire. If you have the opportunity, you should also have dinner at the Pension one night. Milos provides friendly service accompanied with interesting stories of his life and his family's experience in Prague through the tough years. We so enjoyed sitting in the nook with a cozy fire, drinking wine from Milos' barrels in the basement!

Wi-fi is accessible in the breakfast room, out in the courtyard and in the "lobby" area. The signal doesn't seem to penetrate the stone walls of the building. Not that you need a lot of connectivity on vacation...we found it helpful though for booking a room in our next destination.

Because of the location (Prague 6), as others have said, you will take the tram into the city to do your sightseeing and tourist stuff. We found it extremely helpful that Blanka can provide tram tickets for you and tally your total for you to pay when you check out. Note that while you can pay for your room by CC, you'll have to pay for your incidentals such as tram tickets, dinner by Milos, etc. with cash.

What I particularly loved about the location is that it puts you in what is essentially one of the city's neighborhoods. It was fun to walk down the street to the Billa store to buy bread, cheese, cold cuts, fruit and beer to have a light dinner one night.... Just that little task of normal living proved to be an adventure when the check out clerk who didn't speak English tried to explain to us how we were supposed to have used the scales to print out a weight and price sticker to place on our fruit purchase!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank ht001
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Everything in all of the previous reviews are spot on. Milos and Blanca are extraordinary hosts. Milos now considers me his daughter. When I came back late one night and said I was hungry, he whipped me up a dinner in 15 minutes. If I go back to Prague, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Pros: 1.location near tram stop for tram 18, an easy 20 minutes to Old Town. They have tram tickets to sell you right there.
2. They take Visa! some of the other B&B's I checked out took cash only.
3. The shower had tremendous water pressure and a nice massage setting - I looked forward to it every day.
4. The room was $120 per day, including breakfast, which I thought was a good value.

cons: The only cons I can think of is that my iphone didn't get wifi in the room all the time. But there's a cozy alcove right near the room that got it perfectly. And Blanca was more than happy to let me use her computer and printer when I wanted to print out my boarding pass.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo