“You must stay here while in Prague!”
Review of Pension Vetrnik

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Prague
Pension Vetrnik
Ranked #35 of 359 Prague B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Canada
“You must stay here while in Prague!”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This is by far the best place we have stayed while in Europe for the past 7 weeks. Milos and his family make you feel so welcome and so special that you do not want to leave. The rooms are very comfortable and there is so much history. The breakfasts are by far the very best. Fresh fruit on your own table, yogurt, breads (you can have toast) cakes, and then a made to order hot breakfast. The scrambled eggs are the best I have had or try an omellette! The dinners are also outstanding. Milos was a professional chef and told us that he would surprise us at dinner and what an understatement. A 3 course meal for less than $40.00 CAD, all freshly made and traditional Czech cuisine. They have tram tickets that you can buy and it takes less than 20 minutes to town. The gardens are very lovely and relaxing. He lights a fire for your dinner and makes sure you are comfortable. His daughter Blanka also works very hard to ensure your comfort and always with a smile on her face and a "no problem". They are not in the business for the money but because they truly enjoy people.
We highly recommend this pace to everyone.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank margo c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Mercer Island, Washington
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We were so impressed by the hospitality, GREAT food (both breakfast & dinner), and the people who run this beautiful little paradise in Prague. Milos and his daughter Blanka, speak brilliant english and were terrific about helping us with the tram (the stop very close to their pension) and directions to sites to see. I would highly recommend this place and would return to stay here in the future!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank jsmercerisland
Rutherfordton, NC
Reviewed June 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Pension Vetrnik 3 nights in May 2011. We agree 100% with all the acolades of other guests. The hospitality was unsurpassed, the cuisine a welcome find and the historic buildings and grounds a grand memory for years to come!However, my graditude to Milos,Blanka and their family stretches far beyond the fine establishment they have lovingly preserved, renovated and maintained for the traveler seeking a unique lodging experience.
I lost my passport in the Prague airport. While fortunate to stop a English speaking,techno-savvy young man at the central bus station on the way in from the airport who aided me getting Milos on the phone,as well as,calling us a taxi, I must credit Milos with his extraoridinary efforts on our behalf to locate authorities that could facilitate the search. By the time we arrived at the Pension, the proper officials were notified and Milos further helped by not stopping there,but going on the try to call passport bureau, and Embassy numbers. All the time he was trying to calm me and reassuring me and reinterating"I am here for you".
With in 3 hours local officers and airport security had secured my passport at the Prague airport and all we had to do was return there via bus to retrieve the passport with tokens provided by the Pension. Milos even walked us to the bus stop to make sure we were on the correct bus! All was well and the remaining 2 weeks of our trip were possible.
Of course I must thank the fine young Czech man for assisting and the honesty of the traveler who turned in my passport,but it was Milos,Blanka and family/staff who made our trip not only totally pleasurable,but possible as well.
If I am fortunate enough to ever get to Prague again, it will take but one e-mail to get our room at Pension Vetrnik where "They are there for YOU"

Room Tip: some rooms up 2-3 levels
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JoeandNancy2010
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Vetrnik for three nights in May; what an enjoyable stay! It is true what others have noted about the welcoming and friendly hosts--Milos and Blanka. Also true what folks have noted about the charm of the old building and the tranquility of the garden and grounds on which the building sits...and the unsightly neighboring property which appears to be a gym or sports center that sees minimal, if any, ongoing use.

Our room was of comfortable size, not large. The bathroom was adequate, not luxurious. Both were within our expectations. We did find that the towels were strangely small and in one case rough as sandpaper. Nothing significant enough to impact our impression of the place.

You'll enjoy plentiful breakfasts which can include eggs made to order if you so desire. If you have the opportunity, you should also have dinner at the Pension one night. Milos provides friendly service accompanied with interesting stories of his life and his family's experience in Prague through the tough years. We so enjoyed sitting in the nook with a cozy fire, drinking wine from Milos' barrels in the basement!

Wi-fi is accessible in the breakfast room, out in the courtyard and in the "lobby" area. The signal doesn't seem to penetrate the stone walls of the building. Not that you need a lot of connectivity on vacation...we found it helpful though for booking a room in our next destination.

Because of the location (Prague 6), as others have said, you will take the tram into the city to do your sightseeing and tourist stuff. We found it extremely helpful that Blanka can provide tram tickets for you and tally your total for you to pay when you check out. Note that while you can pay for your room by CC, you'll have to pay for your incidentals such as tram tickets, dinner by Milos, etc. with cash.

What I particularly loved about the location is that it puts you in what is essentially one of the city's neighborhoods. It was fun to walk down the street to the Billa store to buy bread, cheese, cold cuts, fruit and beer to have a light dinner one night.... Just that little task of normal living proved to be an adventure when the check out clerk who didn't speak English tried to explain to us how we were supposed to have used the scales to print out a weight and price sticker to place on our fruit purchase!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank ht001
Minnesota
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Everything in all of the previous reviews are spot on. Milos and Blanca are extraordinary hosts. Milos now considers me his daughter. When I came back late one night and said I was hungry, he whipped me up a dinner in 15 minutes. If I go back to Prague, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Pros: 1.location near tram stop for tram 18, an easy 20 minutes to Old Town. They have tram tickets to sell you right there.
2. They take Visa! some of the other B&B's I checked out took cash only.
3. The shower had tremendous water pressure and a nice massage setting - I looked forward to it every day.
4. The room was $120 per day, including breakfast, which I thought was a good value.

cons: The only cons I can think of is that my iphone didn't get wifi in the room all the time. But there's a cozy alcove right near the room that got it perfectly. And Blanca was more than happy to let me use her computer and printer when I wanted to print out my boarding pass.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
St. Paul, MN
Reviewed September 25, 2010

This B&B was an absolute find. It is about 20 minutes outside of downtown Prague on the #18 tram line, which is NOT a problem. The tram station is ~ 100 meters from the hotel.

From the outside, you don't have any inclining of what you will find when you open the gate to the grounds. It's a hidden wonderland. The rooms are wonderful with all of the character you would expect from a building that has hundreds of years worth of history.

The owners are unbelievably friendly and helpful and speak very good English. A great breakfast is included with the room. In addition, dinner is also available if you prefer to eat in (the food was very good).

Another HUGE advantage is that parking is provided inside the B&B grounds, which are completely surrounded by a wall and remote controlled gates, so you have absolutely no concerns about security (not that we at any time during our stay in Prague had any concerns about crime or security).

The only challenge we had was finding the place when we drove here by car. If you don't speak the language, a VERY good map is essential. A GPS unit would have really come in handy, not only to find this hotel, but also to navigate to the other places we visited in the Czech Republic.

NOTE: The hotel has excellent clay tennis courts on the grounds which would be a huge plus for anyone who is interested in the game.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Never have we been treated with such attention and help at a hotel. Milos helped make our stay in prague to be wonderful. From the really good breakfasts at the Pension to telling us what to see in Prague. If I go back this is where we will stay for sure. The hotel itslef is amazing-an old windmill estate that was converted to a hotel just outside of prague. Easy to get to the center of the city.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple