“Orion Hotel: Excellent Experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hotel Orion
Ranked #237 of 670 Hotels in Prague
New York City, New York
“Orion Hotel: Excellent Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

This was my second stay at Orion Hotel in Prague, and it was an excellent experience again! Everything I wrote in my first review on the hotel back in October 2011 still holds true. This time, however, it even got better, since they included buffet breakfast with variety of food of great taste and quality! I will definitely book a room at Orion on my next trip to Prague!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TomasLev, General Manager at Hotel Orion, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Dear Slavakha,
I am most grateful for your kind comments on TripAdvisor. Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your experience and for indicating you would recommend our Hotel Orion.
We certainly look forward to welcome you.
Sincerely
Tomas Lev

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

The day before I was due to arrive in Prague for my 1st visit there, I received an email from the hotel I originally booked with that they could no longer accommodate me and had switched me to their sister hotel Orion. I was a little worried but decided there was nothing I could do since I was about to get on my overnight train to Prague from Krakow.

I arrived at the train station and the original hotel was kind enough to send a car for me to bring me to Hotel Orion. Upon arriving (it was quite early) they did not have a room for me. The lady at the front desk in my opinion was rude. She didn't want to accommodate me even though I had worked out with the other hotel that I'd be arriving early. So I sat in the lobby with nothing to do for quite some time. She suggested I go walk around town for 6 hours until my room was ready but I had just came off of an overnight train, I wanted a shower and fresh clothes. I was more disturbed with how she spoke to me about the situation than the fact that rooms weren't ready. Eventually, a room became available.

I got into my room and wow! It was an entire apartment. I almost immediately forgot about my bad run in with the lady at the front desk. It was clean, comfortable and seriously an entire apartment. I'm use to rooms in Europe that I barely fit in with my luggage so this was quite a treat. Once I saw it I actually wished I was staying more days. I hadn't checked out the hotels website before arriving (remember it was a last minute change) so I'm not sure if apartment style rooms are advertised on the site.

The area the hotel is situated in is very nice, quiet, safe and not far from attractions, a 5-10 walk will put you right at the metro which was very convenient and easy to use. There are quite a few local restaurants in the area. I just walked in/out of each one reading menus and getting a feel for the scene before choosing where to dine each evening. I think I actually dined in the hotel area every night of my stay - there was a good amount of places to choose from. The breakfast in the morning had a great selection and was tasty. No complaints there.

Aside from my bad run in with the front desk and also having to leave my room key every time I left the hotel I really don't have a complaint. I would have given it an excellent rating if it wasn't for her. Every time I dropped off my key and picked it up she just didn't seem pleasant. But in no way did she ruin the rest of the hotel experience.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear NJGirlvTheWorld,
I would like to thank you for spending your time and giving us feedback about your stay at Hotel Orion.
Greetings from Prague
Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

Have a great weekend to visit Prague in the heart of New Town 20 minutes walk from Wenceslas Square and Old Town Square where the Prague Orloj

Room Tip: Apartman 6 floor
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank peterjuricko
TomasLev, General Manager at Hotel Orion, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Dear Mr.Juricko,
thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Hotel Orion. I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your trip.
Thank you for your positive rating and for recommending our hotel to TripAdvisor.
Best regards.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hotel ORION in Prague with friends, over the New Year's holiday. It was the third time that I have stayed there -- consistently good. The staff are gracious and helpful and speak many languages, including English. The rooms or suites are very spacious, clean, and comfortable -- no extras and no luxury items -- but a great value for the dollar or the Euro. There is usually a kitchen and a coffee maker. The hotel is ideally located to public transit and within walking distance of the City Center if you wear comfortable shoes. One of my favorite restaurants in the city, IL GIARDINO, is right around the corner -- excellent homemade breads, food and ambiance. If you are one who seeks value, cleanliness and comfort -- and does not need all of the extras -- this is the hotel in Prague for you.

Shirley Ort, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, North Carolina

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TomasLev, General Manager at Hotel Orion, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Dear Shirley,
I am very pleased to read your positive review from your recent stay with us at Hotel Orion. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and your observations. I am delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. We welcome you again at our hotel during your next visit.
Kind regards.
Bucharest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

The hotel is good. We were 4 family and everyone had a different room. All the rooms are different. Our room was very big. We stayed in the attic/loft. It was a little bit unpleasent when I woke up in the night and I hit the ceiling. Also we had a kitchen in the room. I don't remeber the rooms of my friend, but we were pleased of ours. The breakfast was the same every day and poor. Caffee is awfull. The receptionist was very nice and recommand us Svejk Restaurant, very nice restaurant but expensive. The room is clean and ok. Very closed to the metro station.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

I have always had great experiences with hotels whenever I travelled to Prague. However, my stay at Orion in October 2011 was one of the best!

The hotel is located in a quiet and safe residential area, very close to Namesti Miru metro station (A line). The tram 22 is even closer if you want to take scenic ride around the city, and eventually get to Prague Castle.

If you know shortcuts, it will take you just 10 min walk to Wenceslas Square, 20 min walk to Palladium Shopping Center, and 30 min walk to Old Town Square.

Hotel staff is very polite and helpful. Once in hotel, I was welcomed by a friendly receptionist, who immediately checked me in, and gave me a copy of Prague map with the Orion hotel clearly marked on it. Special thanks to Martina, who patiently helped me activate my local SIM card!

Very nice lobby of the hotel includes a small but cozy waiting area, and if you have no computer, you will be able to get online from their PC located further down the lobby on your left. The computer is dedicated specifically to hotel guests.

You can get to your room by taking the elegant stairwell, or an elevator. My room was basically a large studio apartment with fully equipped kitchen separated from bedroom by a small corridor and a bathroom. In the spacious bedroom, I found new, comfortable furniture, a safe, an office desk, and a very stable, never dropping Wi-Fi connection.

The breakfast was not served during my stay, but it did not matter. I took full advantage of the kitchen that had everything I needed for storing food and making quick breakfasts and dinners.
The overall layout of the room, and the atmosphere in the hotel made me feel like home from the beginning.

I definitely recommend Orion Hotel to all type of travellers, and I will try to book on my next trip to Prague.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank slavakha
MONTREAL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

Very well located. Very convenient to reach downtown via the tramway.

Excellent value for the price.

Very large, clean and comfortable rooms.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to all travellers.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple