“A whole apartment in Prague!!! for £52”

Hotel Suite Home Prague
Ranked #106 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“A whole apartment in Prague!!! for £52”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Hi all,

I am currently travelling across Europe, for work, and ending with a holiday with family in the east of Slovakia.

Because I am driving, I have been booking hotels at the last minute, literally. Booked Hotel Suite Home for £52, at the very last minute. Wow! basically got a whole apartment. Slightly quieter area of Praha. Away from the horrible stag parties, exported here from mainly the UK it seems, and damaging the beautiful atmosphere of this wonderful, beautiful city.

Hotel just a little walk from the main area and old town. Apartment really clean, great facilities. Wi-Fi. No Aircon, but if you close the blinds, rooms stay cool enough.

Great find, I'd move in if I could.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
SuiteHomePrague, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Suite Home Prague, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
Dear Jake,

thank you for taking your time and writing us a review about your stay with us. We really appreciate it! We are glad to see your overall satisfaction and are glad that you enjoyed your stay in Prague at all.

Once again thank you for sharing your excellent experience with other travelers.

We hope to welcome you back one day. Have a nice time.

Vendula & Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Uusikaupunki, Finland
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Very good hotel within walking distance of the city center. Tram stop near, Number 22 goes to the castle hill. all really clean. large apartment with a full kitchen. bathroom good and clean. I enjoyed first class service. breakfast is good. It was possible to order freely pancaces or bacon and eggs and they vere delicious. I liked this very much.
The only minus was hard beds.

Room Tip: If you hope something, tell it to the staff. They can order taxi from and to airport.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank 7Elisa1959
Dear Elisa,

thank you for taking your time and writing us a review about your stay at our hotel. We really appreciate it! We are glad to see your satisfaction with location, services, your apartment and also breakfast. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in Prague.

Once again thank you for sharing your excellent reviews with other travelers.

We hope to see you again one day. Have a nice time.

Slangerup, Denmark
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay in the nice spacious suites. We travelled two adults and two kids age 4 & 6.
The rooms are fine nothing luxurious but at a very decent standard. The hotel has free wifi with very fast internet.
The location of the hotel is good there is only a 10 min walk to the centre of Prague.

The breakfast buffet was okay, only negative thing was that you had to order bacon and scrambled eggs seperately, it wasent on the buffet.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Poppelvig
SuiteHomePrague, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Suite Home Prague, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

thank you very much for taking your time and writing us a comment regarding your stay at our hotel. We really appreciate it! We are happy to see your satisfaction with apartment, our fast wifi connection and also with location. We are sorry to read that you found ordering of bacon and scrambled eggs separately not very comfortable. We could prepare pancakes, eggs and bacon in advance but we wanted to serve them fresh and hot so that´s why we decided to do it in this way. Anyway we are glad you had a nice stay in Prague.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with other travelers.

We hope to welcome you back at our hotel.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is a hotel easy to get to by car, but don't forget to book a parking space before your arrival. Every thing that we was planning to see was in walking distance from the hotell and the personell was wonderful and really service minded all the time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Pontus A
Dear Pontus,

thank you very much for your review about your stay with us. We really appreciate it! We are happy to see your overall satisfaction. We are glad you had a nice stay in Prague.

Thank you once again for sharing your excellent experience with other travelers.

We hope to see you again during your next trip in Prague.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I'm sorry to say we had an awful two nights at Hotel Suite Home. For our first night, we were placed in room 102. It had an air conditioning unit that sat on the floor and had an exhaust tube which was supposed to lead out a hole in the window. We arrived at night, and the shades were drawn, so I just assumed everything was in working order. After having turned it on, the room only got hotter. And hotter. Finally in the middle of the night I examined the unit only to discover it had never been attached to the window and had no locking mechanism. I carefully placed the exhaust hose to the hole, thinking I had solved the problem. But the unit continued to expel hot air, making our room stiflingly hot. Finally, we had to turn it off and open the windows, and as we were on the first floor, this meant a bright and early wake up call at 5:00 AM from street traffic below.

When I complained to the front desk the next morning, the employee was very apologetic. I requested a room transfer and a refund for our first night. He was willing to provide the transfer but not the refund, but we were promised that our room would be substantially upgraded to make up for it.

Instead, our new room, 505 (I think), while huge, was no better than the last. It had one air conditioning unit for the entire space, which was absurdly placed in the hallway, leaving us sweltering in the bed room.

Upon entering the room, we immediately noticed an incredibly loud buzzing intermittently, about every 5 minutes or so. This buzzing was so loud my wife thought it was the lift. We weren't sure where it was coming from at first, so I again complained to the front desk and was told, incorrectly, that it was coming from the hallway and the hotel's air conditioning. The employee did not come to check whether this was accurate.

And it wasn't. There was electric wiring in the kitchen from which this buzzing was being emitted. After having tried to turn off the refrigerator and any other appliances which might be causing the noise, at 3:00AM I had to resort to turning off all the fuses in the room, leaving us completely without power. Only then did the buzzing stop. Although this room was described as an upgrade, it was anything but. There was one TV, in the sitting room rather than in the bedroom. The sofa in the sitting room was so tightly stuffed that it felt like it was actively discouraging anyone from sitting on it. Yes, the room was huge, but it was entirely wasted space and could not have been organized more inefficiently.

While the staff were friendly, my overall experience was that they were friendly but incompetent, unaware of the many problems present in the hotel's various rooms. I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone, much less consider staying there again. Next time we visit Prague, I will either use Airbnb or simply pay more money to stay in a decent hotel. Never again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 102 and 505 at all costs.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DaneACollins
SuiteHomePrague, General Manager at Hotel Suite Home Prague, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Mr. Collins,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write the review. We value both positive and negative feedback from our guests, as this is the only way to ensure continuous growth and development. Our goal is to make sure that all guests feel like home because we are family hotel.
I have investigated about the situation and my colleagues explained me that after first night you asked reception if it is possible to move to another room due to noise from the street. We immediately arranged for you free upgrade from Standard room to one of our best rooms - DeLuxe Suite with Prague Castle view #505. Unfortunately we were not informed about any problem on AC unit. Our reception is 24 hours so if you would call them immediately they might help you straightaway.
Housekeeper who was preparing room 102 for another customer realized the AC unit cover is not opened so she only opened it. Yes, the technical problem can happen in any hotel but we try to provide immediate solution when we are informed.
My colleague Jarda meets you in front of your room when he was controlling the hotel during his shift. You approach him on the corridor and asked about the buzzing noise. He said it is probably AC and you replied that it is OK. Because you did not invite him in your room and you mentioned it is OK he had impression all is fine. We cooperate with all our team members more than 1 year I can fully rely on their professionalism and can do attitude. I am sure that if you mention to Jarda that there is problem he would take immediate action. I will speak with the team on regular meeting again to make sure we try to avoid this situation in the future.
I definitely fully understand your points and I believe the situation can be easily solved with more clear communication. Please accept my sincere apology for your not entirely pleasant experience in our hotel. I'm deeply sorry and surprised you would rate our hotel so low and you did not mentioned if there were some positives about our services – complimentary buffet breakfast or speed of free WIFI.
If you wish to give us one more chance I would be more than happy to assist you with any further questions. My direct e-mail is director@hotelsuitehomeprague.com

All the best, Martina Lazarova, General Manager
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Great locations, clean rooms and excellent breakfast. There was man in reception/breakfast who name was Jaroslav and he was very helpfull, friendly and expert of Praque. He help us all what our group need.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SuiteHomePrague, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Suite Home Prague, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Kimmo,

first of all I would like to thank you for your nice review about your stay via Tripadvisor. We really appreciate it! We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay at our hotel. We are glad you found our staff helpful and friendly. I will tell this compliment to Jaroslav :)

We hope to welcome you back again at our hotel. Have a nice day.

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel/apartments, the staff couldn't have been any better , they done their jobs to a high standard, the breakfast was substantial and we always got a seat in the breakfast room even though it is small. Our room (503) was perfect for our family of 3 , the kitchen area had everything needed if you want to cook in the room . I would recommend this to family and friends and would stay here again if I return to Prague.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Deanne,

thank you very much for your nice review regarding to your stay with us. We really appreciate it! We are happy to see your overall satisfaction. We are glad you had a lovely stay in Prague.

Thank you once again for sharing your excellent experience and for recommending us to your friends.

We hope to see you again at our hotel. Have a nice day.