“Recommend this hotel for other couples!”

Hotel U Zlateho Stromu
Ranked #195 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is a good hotel with very good service! It's romantic and the room is big and beautiful! The staff is polite and knows there job! And the view is so beautiful! When I open my window I can see the Charles bridge!

Room Tip: The room with the view to the Charles bridge
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel U Zlateho Stromu

Reviewed May 1, 2014

The hotel is really unique (kind of wierd) but I loved it.

You first must know, is this is not just and hotel. It is an Hotel, a restaurant, and a music club.

The rooms are beatifull with nice ''old bohemian castle'' deco. I had no trouble with loud noises at night. Just one night there were people talking lloudly in the street. but not a big deal really.
(if you are young, you wont care at all)

Hotel staff was pretty helpfull.

The restaurant is just ok, regular czech restaurant food and fair prices.

The music club is in 3 underground levels under the restaurant. There are strippers in the club, this is pretty normal in Prague, but it may be shocking for tourists.

Still really fun to have all this options at the hotel, and can be fun to go the club everynight before going to bed.

something else about this hotel, the location is just GREAT, you are right next to charles bridge, one of the most beatifull views in Prague.

I cant recommend this enough, specially for young couples, you will have a really fun time!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I went to Prague in the beginning of february and I must say that it has been a real pleasure to stay here. The people were friendly, cleaning was fine and the location was just superb! Within a minute we were standing on the Charles bridge and it was about a five minute walk to the Old Town Square. The entire atmosphere of the hotel (including the bar downstairs :D) was amazing. If I ever go back to Prague, I know where I'm staying!

PS, there is no elevator so if you have a bit of bad luck you have to walk some stairs...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Horrible experience that I had in this hotel. I can't understand how it can be 4 stars. I got a horrible room like a corridor. Impossible to move correctly and no area to put my luggage. I don't think the hotel were fully booked as I saw many room available on internet. I don't understand why they have is such a room. If all the room are like that then they really need to think about changing that.

Fortunately the city of Prague is wonderful which balanced my mood in this city.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Having lunch on a student trip.
Really good service and cheap alcohol :)
they are very fast to bring the food and the atmosphere is really cozy.

Really worth a visit. Very good hygiene.
prague is a very nice town..

Feel the good spirit and see all the beautiful buildings.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed February 24, 2014

When I arrived at the Hotel U Zlatého Stromu in the middle of the night, looking scuzzy with a large backpack and a sweat built up during my roundabout wander there from the train station, I was simply greeting with a smile and courtesy. I appreciated that, given my trepidation upon entering what seemed like a swank and upscale building. The desk staff’s English was also excellent, which always makes life easier. My appreciation grew as I was shown to my room, which was through an impressive door, along the side of the building, up some stairs and through some gates. I was honestly a little nervous at this roundabout route, and half feared something dingy, but was instead greeted with a luxurious (though small, as expected given its description) room with an inviting bed. The bathroom was huge, and there was a leather chair to sit on as I planned my adventures the next morning. The windows, admittedly, only overlooked the Hotel’s courtyard, which was not an interesting enough scene most of the time to bother looking at. However, since all I had to do was walk out into the street and look left to see the start of Charles Bridge, I found this quite forgivable.

On that note, the location was optimal for sightseeing (and for such a reasonable price!). Step out, turn left, and Charles Bridge awaits, and across it many sites on the other side of the Vltava – including Prague Castle, within a reasonable distance for a walker like myself. Turn right, walk a few steps, and you are in the Old Town Square, which is ground zero for touring most of Prague’s historical sites. Everything is a short walk away, including restaurants, and plenty of absinthe sellers. On that note, the food at the hotel’s restaurant is good, and the breakfast spread is ample. However, even if it does not suit your tastes, other nearby dining and drinking options abound.

On a final note, when considering this location, some reviews warned that it could be noisy due to nearby clubs and such. Perhaps because my days we so full, I found I slept soundly each night. I could occasionally hear some music through the windows, but in my room at least, the volume was quite low.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Robert K
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Everything was great except for the heat in the hotel (but it is roasting everywhere indoors so I guess that is part of the local culture) & the smell of cigarette smoke in the room (again with no smoking ban part off the local culture). Very friendly and helpful staff with good knowledge of English. Clean room with beautiful old furniture and exquisite painted ceiling. Lovely view on side street and the start of Charles Bridge. You cannot be more central. All main city centre attractions are in walking distance. There's some street noise as to be expected in any city centre. A taxi can be hailed near the hotel and prices are low (but watch our for cheats). Lovely breakfast with plenty of choice for everyone. You can also enjoy a lovely dinner there with local specialities on the menu and an extensive cocktail menu. Only thing to watch out for of you are less able: steep stairs and didn't notice a lift. also handles in / near the bath. Also make sure you try to bargain when buying souvenirs, especially garnets and such. Shop around before committing to buy. Prague city centre is lovely around Christmas - lively and with lovely Christmas markets. But dress warmly - it can get very cold.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank YolandaBoerema
Michal M, Manager at Hotel U Zlateho Stromu, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear YolandaBoerema,

Zlaty Strom would like to thank you for your positive feedback. Our team really appreciates your comments on our service, breakfast quality and overall ambiance. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, showing that we are on the right track to achieving our main goal – making our customers happy. We hope to welcome you again to Zlaty Strom in the near future.

Daniel Holan