“Horrible hotel with unhelpful staff.”

Prague Centre Superior
Ranked #542 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I stayed at the Prague Centre Superior for two nights in June 2012. I was doing a tour of Europe and this was the worst hotel I stayed at. The photos of the hotel are deceiving - I think they took photos of the best rooms they had and probably about 10 years ago too. When I looked at the photos online it looked ok. On arrival I was very disappointed. The carpet in my room was worn through in places and the room was very basic. No air conditioning in the middle of summer! The shower was so small I kept on hitting the mixer tap when I tried to turn around to wash myself. I also asked for a double bed, and discovered my bed was just two singles pushed together with the hard wooden frame in between.The check staff were very unhelpful - they didn't show me where my room was or offer to help with my suitcase. On the night before I left I asked if it was possible to check out 1/2 hour later at 11:30am. They told me I would have to pay 400 CZK. Unbelievable!!! I have stayed many places and if you wanted to check out even two hours later it wasn't a problem. There is no restaurant at this hotel too.
I would definitely not recomend this hotel to anyone, and I will not be coming back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank CristanM

Reviewed April 26, 2012

The travel agency in Israel cooperates with a Cheque agent in Prague whose quota was up in the 4* hotels during 5-8 April, Easter holiday. At the last minute he booked
this hotel, just to get a deal. When trying to open the heavy front door and entering the
dark, grey depressive entrance, no lobby (!), no seat when more people check-in, a single reception clerk. I asked him to immediately contact the booking agent to upgrade my hotel for additional cost.He did not know and could not find out, the sales office being elsewhere. The breakfast room is equipped with brown tables, black seats, wooden benches along the walls with no cushions. Breafast is served with even a removable paper mat, just on the bare table. The food is displayed in a small room, and is poor, whoever does not share theit hot dish, an egg not to be found in the kitchen. The price charged by the agent was similar to that of one of the 4* hotels.
I try unsuccessfully to find the site of the Cheque Hotel grading authority in order to
complain on qualifying this hotel as 3* Could you do this instead?

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Canion100
Reviewed April 14, 2012

nice and clean, room is very basic but comfortable, do not expect room facilities to prepare tea o coffee a closet safe that needs it's key for 2 euro a day,no aircondiion was seen.wonder how it is in summer.basic breakfast.

Room Tip: not facing the street if some noise will disurb you.with double glasing windows it is hardly heard
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I stayed at the Prague Centre (Superior) Hotel from 15-17 March.

The rooms are ok, quite spacious and spotlessly clean. Beds were very comfortable. The TV was however quite small and there are no tea/coffee making facilities (as I am used to in the UK). The minibar was (suprisingly) reasonably priced.

The hotel is in a very quiet area of Prague. Nearby (5 minute walk) is public transport hub I.P. Pavlova for tram (lines 22 and 23 to Prague Castle) and underground/subway connections. It is a mere 900 meter walk to Wenceslas Square and the National Museum and 600 metres to the sights of Vysehrad.

The hotel offers also breakfast, however I found the choice a little limited. One morning there were no plates left and after asking the attendant for a new plate I got the simple answer that there weren't any left....sorry .... :) Well, I thought of a solution for this but decided that I would have breakfast in town instead.

Despite this I think the hotel is fine and has a good price/quality ratio. I can recommend this hotel, because it is quite comfortable, clean and perfectly located.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Christian_LeJeune
Reviewed March 2, 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Prague Center Hotel last weekend . The Hotel is very clean and comfortable. Good shower and clean sheets and towels each day. Friendly reception staff . The breakfast is very basic and don't expect to get a decent cup of tea or orange juice but there are plenty of places in the old town to have a hearty breakfast if that's what you fancy. The city is worth a trip and the people are helpful and we had a great time

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bsundaygirl
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I stayed here for a weekend break with a group of 5 friends in early Feb and was very pleased with what I found. The location was good with a walk of 5 mins finding you in Wenceslass square, the rooms were of reasonable quality, warm (and this was during a cold snap that resulted in temperatures of -20) and with the facilities you would expect in a hotel of this price. It even had a mini bar that for the first time in all of my experience was reasonably priced! The staff were efficient and polite without been over the top and the breakfast was nice without been anything to write home about. I would stop here again and would recommend it to other people.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank ccameron71
Reviewed January 25, 2012

This hotel is a clear case of you get what you pay for. It was cheap to stay here and the hotel was very basic. They had advertised bar and lobby - but there is no bar (and barely what you would call a lobby). The rooms were ok - not bad size but no coffee facilities, shampoos etc. Apart from one lady on the front desk we found the staff to be quite miserable - but when we went on a tour the guide told us that most Czech people come across as miserable and not to take it personally. The breakfast in this hotel was uninspiring but good enough. The best part of this hotel was the proximity to Wenceslas Square (about 15 mins walk) and across the road and to the right is a fantastic pub, where the food and drink was amazing and so very cheap.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front are quite noisy - and there seem to be a lot of emergency services with siren...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family