“Tops for Service, Location and Rooms”

Boutique Hotel Constans
Ranked #38 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Constans Hotel for 3 nights on a getaway break to Prague in late May 2014.

Pros
- Great location beside the US and Irish embassies so super safe. 10 mins to the Palace and 10 mins to Charles Bridge. Having visited Prague a few times overt the years, this side of the river is in my opinion nicer. Little quieter than the Oldtown and better places to eat and drink.
- Very friendly staff who went out of their way to help - we tried booking Opera through the front desk
- Nice continental breakfast buffet. You can order eggs for free and other hot times off a menu for a charge.
- Rooms were very large and spacious and furnishing plush. Very clean.
- Pick up and drop off at airport was efficient and hassle free.
- Quiet location, we slept very soundly.
- Very good value rooms - we paid c. €100 per night.

Cons
- No major issues come to mind!

We will stay here again when next in Prague.

Eat in Kampa Park right by the river and bridge and watch the evening light go down and the lights the bridge come on. Its pricey but worth it! Also there is a little café in the Palace grounds right in the middle of the vineyard. Relax and drink in those views over the city!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Portofella
Marketa K, Front Office Manager at Boutique Hotel Constans, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Dears,
thank you for writing such kind words about our hotel. It is very pleasing to read such a nice comment from our guests. I am happy that we contributed a bit to your enjoyable stay in Prage and we will look forward to meet you in Constans once again
with best regards,
Jitka

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for three nights. I had made reservations by email a few weeks prior and asked for twin beds which were confirmed twice to me. Upon arrival, they gave us a room with a Queen size bed. Unfortunately, the only other room available with twin beds was considerably smaller and the receptionist told me it was the same price? Which I found odd because I had booked and paid for one of the big comfy rooms and not one of the small rooms. I asked to see my reservation and my request for twin beds was even highlighted with a yellow marker, so it is beyond me how they could have missed it anyway? That was the first disappointment. Granted-the room was nice and big, but the furniture is very dated and old-fashioned. It would have been nice to have some complimentary water in the room. There was a kettle to make coffee and tea, however, coffee and tea were never once restocked in three days. Even in cheap motels you get additional coffee and tea bags daily. Same goes for the bathroom toiletries. The cleaning lady never stocked up on shampoo, shower gel or even toilet paper in three days! The cleanliness was not great either, I know for a fact that the bathtub did not get cleaned, nor did the toilet. It was all just superficial cleaning. Not ok for the price we paid per night. Another pet peeve-the safe in our room did not work and we could not use it to lock our valuables in. Also there were no black-out curtains which means we woke up as soon as the sun rose in the early am. No air-condition either and we had 36 C during the day---which made the room almost unbearably hot. However, we slept with open windows as the location is very quiet (unless you have neighbors who watch TV on high volume or slam doors when getting in...).
On a positive note-the breakfast was great! Lots of choice, and the breakfast staff was very efficient, constantly replacing items on the buffet, clearing tables, setting the tables for new arrivals, etc. Lots of fruit on offer, in fact it probably had the biggest selection of fruit I have ever seen in a hotel, including first-class hotels in Asia. You could also order hot breakfast made to order, included in the rate. So overall-breakfast experience was awesome! Also the staff at reception was very friendly and helpful.
Location of the hotel is great, we walked everywhere and there are good restaurants not too far from the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Michal F, Guest Relations Manager at Boutique Hotel Constans, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Doris,
thank you for your reflection about our hotel. I am happy that after the troubles at the beginning, you have enjoyed your stay with us at least a bit. Please let me explain the misunderstanding about the room - as there was a long conversation with you on the e-mail, the remark about the twin beds was hidden at the back of all the papers about your reservation. As soon as I found out about this, I was trying to solve the whole thing but unfortunatelly our hotel was fully booked at that time and I had no twin room available. At least I was trying to give you the best room possible. About the cleaning, the chambermaids normally fill the things missing every day but due to the 100% occupancy, it could happen that they forgot. You could have asked us at the reception about this and if we´d known, we could have sent somebody to bring the things needed. The same about the safe - if you have told us, we could repair it or you could leave your things in our safe at the reception. What concerns the air-condition, it is just in few rooms and it is necessary to request for it in advance. I am sorry that you were not fully satisfied in here, however, I hope that if you´d ever decide to come back to us, we could make this up to you.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

A gem! A lovely hotel in a perfect location! Clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff are very accommodating, speak English fairly well and have great advice on things to do and see in Prague. I really loved this little hotel and have recommended it to all my friends, especially as it is very reasonably priced. An added bonus!

Room Tip: They all seem nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank helenl

Dear Helen,

thank you very much for your kind words. I felt really proud when I was reading it and it pleases me that you will even recommend our hotel to your friends. I am glad that we contributed a bit to your nice holiday in Prague.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Believe all the rave reviews. From the outside, nothing would suggest that this place boast large, airy rooms with classy furnitures and impeccable bathroom. We had room 48 with windows opening to a neighbouring serene cloister. Room 46 is equally large and well furnished but less breathtaking views. Breakfast is very good with seatings in a well lit patio. The reception is friendly and informative, kudo to Jan! The in-house restaurant is adequate, specially with the discount offered. Besides the fantastic rooms, location is another great feature of this hotel. Situated in a very quiet street (the US embassy with good security is close by), but within easy walk to the Castle, the Charles Bridge and the great restaurants in Kampa.
A great hotel in a marvelous city!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank CityEnd
Michal F, Front Office Manager at Boutique Hotel Constans, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Sir,
thank you for this nice review of our hotel, we do appreciate that you took your time and wrote such kind words about us. It is so pleasing and motivating for us to get known that the guests are satisfied in here. I hope, that, if you ever decide to come to Prague again, we will meet here again.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Excellent location, very helpfull people, great room, we'll be back some day ! Located near the castle, on a very quiet street, you'll enjoy it if you're looking for a peacefull, lovely place with friendly people.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Cristina N

Hi Cristina,

thank you for the kind words about our hotel. I´m happy that you have enjoyed your trip to Prague and that we contributed a bit to that :-). With best regards, Jitka

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I, a group of three, stayed at Hotel Constans from 24/5/2014 - 27/5/2014. I am truly impressed and very satisfied with the services we had received.

As it's our first destination in Europe, we had arranged for airport transfer in addition to our hotel stay. Once our booking was submitted, we received a welcome message from the friendly hotel staff and arrangement for the airport transfer was made immediately after the booking, about 3 months prior to our arrival. In addition, a day before, a confirmation E-mail was sent, presumably to let us have a peace of mind that we would be received at the airport.

Additionally, the staffs were very patient and helpful with all my queries via E-mail about Prague. I was worried about where to exchange for crowns and the staffs listed a few places in addition to their own reception counter. And please believe them when they say that the hotel offers one of the better rate. It's really true. Despite claiming that their rates are higher at some places within the old town district, what we had gotten was not the same as what's being displayed at the money exchanger (although they claim to take no commision).

Other than the good service, the room was excellent! Having been to other European countries, I was expecting something small but acceptable for the three of us. But no, our room was big and spacious. We had two queen size bed (not exactly sure of the size, but definitely bigger than single bed) and a sofa bed that was equally big. The bathroom was large, with a shower area that was separated from the bath tub. The basin was of a very comfortable size. The part that I like the most was the small basin outside the bathroom. It's something like a bar corner with a small fridge. This extra basin was really useful for the three of us as we did not need to wait for the bathroom. The room was also big enough to accommodate a writing desk, a large wardrobe, TV and an additional sofa. I believe it could house at least 4 people. So we were really lucky to have it for the three of us.

Lastly, the breakfast consisted of a good spread of bread, pastries, fruits and drinks. Remember to request for hot breakfast (sausages, eggs etc) at no additional cost.

I'll definitely stay at Hotel Constans again if I visit Prague in the future.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Zara T

Dear Zara,
thank you for the nice words about our hotel. We really appreciate such a kind review and are happy that you have enjoyed your time in here.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Rooms in Constans are just amazing! My room was bigger than my home kitchen and living room. It was very clean and the bed really comfortable. Staff were really polite and helpful. They were even prepared to print my boarding pass! They really made me feel welcome. The only less pleasant thing that I would say about my stay in Constans is the breakfast experience. The area is really small and what bothered me most were the petite plates. The variety of food was decent, but if you would want to eat a decent amount of food for breakfast you would probably need to use 3 plates (one for bread, one for cheese and one for olives, cucumbers...). The location of the hotel is just perfect.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank fillout
Michal F, Hanka, reception at Boutique Hotel Constans, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Fillout,
I would like to thank you for your amazing review. I am happy we have made you feel welcome, because you really were and you are still welcome. As for the breakfast room, you´re right it´s small, but it´s our only suitable room to have a breakfast and usualy it´s not very crowdy. That´s why there is not variety of plates, cups etc. Anyway,next time don´t hesitate to ask our staff to give you bigger plate. It´s absolutely no problem for us to provide you something special regarding your wish.
Hope to see you again in future.
With best regards