“Spacious, nicely decorated rooms with excellent service”

Boutique Hotel Constans
Ranked #37 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Nice concept for rooms in which already spacious rooms can be combined when you are with larger groups. Rooms are well equiped, clean and very beatiful. Hotel service is very good at desk, and restaurant. Location is great, only few hundred metrs from Korolus bridge and city centre, but also from the castle. Ideal hotel for city trips as well as relaxation

Room Tip: With large parties, several rooms can be combined
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PieterImhof1
Michal F, Front Office Manager at Boutique Hotel Constans, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you were satisfied. We also hope that next time when you will visit Prague, you will choose our hotel again.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed here in May 2013 for 4 nights. I had originally booked another hotel and due to the position was advised to book elsewhere on this site (thanks TAers).

Found Hotel Constans and I am so glad we changed the booking. The hotel itself is wonderful. Quaint, clean and the rooms.....I have never stayed in such a large room in Europe (twin share). The staff were always ready to help and the restaurant gave us one of the best meals we had on our trip.

We are in our 50's & 60's and found getting around from the location was no prob. We walked everywhere, it is also close to the public transport hub. And as mentioned with your own personal (OK US embassy) checkpoint at the end of the lane.

We had a wonderful stay and will recommend the hotel to anyone. Many thanks to Hotel Constans!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Debrav60
Michal F, Front Office Manager at Boutique Hotel Constans, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are realy glad you enjoyed your vacation at Prague and the stay in our hotel. We hope you will choose our hotel again if you will come back to Prague.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed (a single woman traveller) at the end of June 2013. I booked via laterooms and got a very good price on a single room with breakfast. To be honest, I did have trouble actually finding the hotel (from the metro station). It's quite a steep walk up a cobbled street as other reviewers have mentioned.
The room (booked for one) was a large well appointed double: safe, minibar/fridge/kitchen sink(!)/tv (only English Channel BBC world service). The bathroom large with bath and wet room style shower, loads of toiletries and towels, hair dryer.
Breakfast only ok, drinks from machine(no decaf by the way). Service ok.
Hotel well placed for castle and Lesser Town, but not for public transport.
Good value for money, for a couple of night city break

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Jo M
Michal F, Front Office Manager at Boutique Hotel Constans, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed the stay in our hotel and we hope you will choose our hotel again when you come back to Prague.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

The hotel location was great, it is a calm place and also safe (you have to go through a permanent police checkpoint due to US Embassy). Staff was very helpful giving hints about where to eat and drink. Garage is OK, but only if your car is not way too large (a Renault Grand Scenic was OK). Our room was huge, newly decorated and very clean.
Only two issues: Our bed was very deformed, it was as if a very heavy person deformed the bed! Other than that, the restaurant only works until 10pm, just like everywhere else around there! We found ourselves going to bed hungry because we did not know that all restaurants (including in the hotel) close at 10pm.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Leandro_Simoes
Michal F, Front Office Manager at Boutique Hotel Constans, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for your possitive feedback, and we hope that this problem with bed wasn't that bad and next time when you will visit Prague you will choose our hotel again.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was here for only one night staying on the 5th floor in what felt like a huge apartment rather that a hotel room. Lovely views over the rooftops and very quiet. Hotel breakfast adequate but nothing special and evening meal in hotel restaurant again nothing remarkable. My one complaint is that I could not access wifi in my room and had to sit in the reception to get a good enough signal which was somewhat frustrating. Not really acceptable when all other places I stayed in Prague seemed to have cracked it.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

We are sorry about the wi-fi, we get some new routers in the whole hotel and the setup took us some time to provide 100% signal in all floors. We hope that when you will visit prague again you will choose our hotel again.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Alright, here I am in Prague at this quaint hotel located smack dab in the center of the embassy district, which is just a quick walk to the castle and then across the river to "old town". The room is rather comfortable and has a large balcony and bathroom (room 34).

The breakfast buffet is satisfactory and provides enough sustenance to start off the day. The hotel's taxi service rates are very good and compare well with other taxis. Free wifi but no fitness room/center.

PS - the mattress was not that great but a rough and tumble guy like me like a soft mattress....

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DPS27

We are glad that you enjoyed the stay in our hotel, unfortunately we dont have enough space for any fitness or spa in here, but we hope you will choose our hotel again when you return to Prague.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was charged over 140 USD (105 euros) - more than I paid for the room per night - for what I would consider one load of wash. I think that this price is exorbitant. I told Michal at the desk that I just wanted wash, dry and fold, no dry cleaning or ironing. When he wanted to count the clothing, I assumed he just wanted to make sure that everything would be returned to me. I never thought the price would be so high since I only paid 50 USD for two lunches and a dinner in the hotel! (I will add that I thought the restaurant food was good; the breakfast buffet was average at best.) When I emailed manager Michal Ficza about this, he arrogantly responded that I should have been aware of the prices as they were listed in the closet!

Contrary to other reviewers, my room (#52 attic room) was too small for a person of normal height and I kept bumping my head on the dormers. The room is only appropriate for someone five feet tall or shorter. I could not change rooms since the hotel was filled. Mr. Ficza's comment regarding the room was that no one else had had any complaints! I have worked in hotels for many years and there is always something that can be done to make a guest happy at virtually no cost to the hotel. If he had just taken 10 or 15 dollars off my laundry fee, all would have been forgiven. Scamming on laundry services is somewhat common in American hotels. I guess this hotel is so popular that they can ignore basic customer service.

Lastly, the location of the hotel is inconvenient to seeing most of Prague and the Charles bridge is a nightmare to cross with the hordes of tourists!

I cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo