“Clean and cosy”

Ranked #246 of 651 Hotels in Prague
Egham, United Kingdom
“Clean and cosy”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We can't complain about this hotel at all! Hotel Atos is an ideal base for exploring this glorious city - especially handy for Castle and Petrin Hill since it is located right in the city centre.
Rooms were cleaned and cosy. Beds are very comfortable. Room cleaning staff was very efficient. They came during the day so they didn't wake us up. Breakfast was absolutely fine and with plenty of choices - dissatisfied customers must be very hard to please!
Hotel Atos was definitely a good choice for us. It has a great value for the price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Monika H, Manager at Hotel Atos, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Veronika,
thank you for your positive review.
We are happy that you found out our hotel as ideal base.
See you next time here in Atos!
Herzingerova Monika

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I actually stayed quite a while ago, back in 2005, however as I have just joined Tripadvisor I thought I would say how great this place was.

We actually stayed as a large group and there were 30+ males (well behaved!) staying.

The staff were very accommodating, the rooms were spacious and very clean and the best bit was the Bar under the hotel (I think it was part of the Hotel?). The Bar food and drinks were great value and quality and the staff once again were amazing.

I actually went back 2 years later and popped in and the Barman remembered me like it was a week previous.

All in all, a great hotel and one day we will return...

p

Room Tip: Don't open the Skylight in February! You end up with a Snowman in the morning!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Monika H, Manager at Hotel Atos, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hi Peter,
thatś great that you find out our hotel after two years again as the best one!
Thank you very much for your commentary and hopefully see you here next time!
Have a good time-all of your group!
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This property is in a great location. Great value for the money. Prague is a beautiful city. It's close to the all the main attractions and about a 30 minute walk to the Castle District. Trams are about a 2 minute walk from the hotel. The staff was always courteous and helpful. Our room was very large and clean. We stayed out late on several nights until 2 AM and we encountered no problems. The breakfast is vast. Previous reviews are correct about the warmth of the small breakfast area, but we did not stay long to eat. There are may restaurants and bars to choose from in the area. We found Prague to be very affordable compared to other European cities. We did laundry on one occasion as we were on a 3 week tour of Central Europe. In fact, we found a laundry mat that was a bar too. Best time I have ever had doing laundry! It was great and about 22 minutes walk from the hotel. Probably quicker to get to the laundry mat by tram, but we wanted to experience the neighborhoods and streets of Prague. No a/c in our room but we opened the window for cool air at night. We slept well. The tram gets you to the Prague train station in about 15 minutes. Nice and easy. Internet service is 5 Euro a day and the in room safe is I believe 2 to 3 Euro a day. The people of Prague are friendly and courteous. We highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Prague. We will stay here again upon our return one day. Don't miss a stay at this hotel.

Paul and Sue
Flower Mound, Texas

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul N
Monika H, Manager at Hotel Atos, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear guests,
just to would like to say "thank you" for your positive commentary.
We are happy that you enjoyed it here!
Herzingerová Monika
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the location, very close to the main spots (10-12 min. slow walk to Charles Bridge or to Castle),
area around the hotel is very pleasent, safe, with many shops and cafes, opposite the hotel there is Petrin Hill with green space and funicular railway stop, Veltawa is very close as well,
if you have the room from the side of Ujezd street it can be noisy 'cos there is a tram line, but only during the day there is quite noisy.

Hotel itself with nice design, room with good space, looks renovated, very comfortable beds, clean bathroom, unfortunatelly no free wifi, rooms were not cleaned every single day, breakfast delicous with really good choice of hot meals (eggs, sausages, green bean etc.) and classic cold (ham, some cheese, yougurt), selection of fruits, some vegetable and salad.
There was only one thing I didn't like - they don't have soundproof walls, I could hear my neighbours talking quite clearly, my room - additionaly - was opposite the "service room" and in the very morning I heard some hotel staff on the corridor talkin qiute loudly.
Generally I recomend that place, especially for tourist, price I paid for that location was a good deal. For me that hotel is classic 3 star with good price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Yvonne_pl
Monika H, Manager at Hotel Atos, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Good morning,
thank you that you find out our hotel itself with nice design with comfortable beds.
We are working on to improve our services and comfort to our guests.
Harpenden, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This hotel is a lovely old building and I liked my room which was clean and spacious. I am sat in it now writing this.
However,
I had only 2 very disturbed hours sleep due the outside noise of traffic and particularly trams. as for a quiet room. I thought I did but maybe I did not.

There are no room toiletries or tea and coffee facilities but there's a reasonably priced minibar.

Bed was hard. I like a hard bed but this was really hard. However, pretty sure it wasn't that that gave me a bad nights sleep.

Nice location. About 20 mins brisk walk to the old town.

Staff were friendly at reception and security is good.

Breakfast was fine.

Room Tip: Get one that faces the quiet street
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Drivercarps
Monika H, Manager at Hotel Atos, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Hello,
thank you for your review.
We are glad that you find out our staff friendly at reception and also that you find out our hotel generally good.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

If your looking for a budget hotel within an excellent location then look no further. My wife and I absolutely adore Prague and have stayed here a number of times. The service, cleanliness and atmosphere are exceptional. The hotel is conveniently placed within walking distance of all that Prague has to offer. I also highly recomend the bar/restaurant Medduzy which is located directly underneath the hotel where I'm happy to say my wife and I have spent many a merry night

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank MarkSalter78
Monika H, Manager at Hotel Atos, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear guest,
thank you very much for such a excellent review!
We are really pleased that you find out our hotel in good shape and condition.
Hopefully see you in your next visit here in Prague!
Have a good time.
Herzingerová Monika
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is the Second time have stayed here. No problems. Breakfast basic but loads to eat so you dont go hungry. Reception staff were very helpful. Will defonitely stay again when we come back to Prague

• Stayed September 2013
Monika H, Manager at Hotel Atos, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear guests,
Thank you very much for your positive review!
We are really happy that you like your stay here and that you will come back to us.
Have a nice rest of day!