After reading reviews on trip advisor we decided to stay here for my partners 55 birthday. We did not want a hotel in the centre just a quiet nice hotel yet near enough to walk to all the tourist attractions. We decided to contact the hotel directly by e mail and noted the Romantic Package for 3 nights B&B plus extras to include 1 evening dinner, 1 airport transfer, 1 free hour in steamroom/jacuzzi, bottle bubbly and free drink at bar. On enquiry the hotel reception staff responded quickly, friendly and seemed interested in acquiring business. I did have further questions in relation to quiet room, (very light sleeper), distances to attractions and was assured on all matters and decided to book the Romantic Package.
On arrival the airport we waited some 5 mins on the taxi (not taxi fault as flight arrived 10 minutes early) brought to hotel and checked in without delay and fuss and details of food times explained and our bags were brought to our room and the bar man (Tomas) with a bottle of bubbly in ice bucket and two glasses - very welcome and appreciated.
We stayed in room 401 which was spacious (not huge) but very clean and tidy. This room is to the rear of the hotel with little view only over the courtyard. The bathroom was spacious very clean with bath and shower head over bath, bathrobes and slippers. We booked the dinner for the first night. Went walking to find Wencelas Square which is less than 5 mins walk. Returned to hotel and has a few drinks in bar which is tidy neat and chatted to barman Tomas. The food at dinner was very good but not an extensive menu and food was a little slow coming beween courses and there were only 6 other people in the dining room at the time. This did not really bother us.The second day we did the Royal Free Walk Tour (see seperate review) and the third day we did Prague Castle Tour. Each morning the menu for breakfast was varied and replenished quite often.
We enjoyed our free hour in the steam room/jacuzzi to rest the weary legs. Overall we thouroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel which was great value. (best value available is book direct with hotel). Staff friendly pleasant and efficient. Indeed we dined the last night in the hotel as well. 3 course dinner for 2 and bottle of wine for 50 euro.
Just a very few niggles
1. Room was quiet but a rumbling noise in morning. Not sure what is was maybe trams but hardly audible.
2. We are in our mid 50's quite fit. It is quite a step into the bath some 600cm and no non slip bottom in bath and quite dangerous to enter and exit bath for shower.
3.No small wash towel in bathroom (Ladies!!)
4. Similarly in steam room nearly impossible to get us on top bench. no step to assist.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique hotel Seven Days is a luxury hotel offering spacious non-smoking superior rooms, modern facilities including private sauna and jacuzzi and professional service with personal attitude. Situated in the center of Prague, Boutique hotel Seven Days is only a short walk from the Wenceslas Square, National Museum and Prague State Opera. Live piano at weekend breakfasts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Boutique Hotel Seven Days reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel 7 Days
- Seven Days Hotel
- Seven Days Prague