“holiday 2014”
Review of Fortuna West

Fortuna West
Ranked #581 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed January 28, 2014

was good overall for price even though quite out of town there was good tram/bus services there was good quality breakfast too
so if your expecting 5* quality then look elsewhere as this is a good 3*hotel with excellent staff/bar and made my stay very enjoyable

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Petr C, Manager at Fortuna West, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for your kind review and comments following your stay at our hotel Fortuna West Prague.
The reviews of our guests are much appreciated.
Especially, I would like to thank you for your nice comment concerning our staff. I will certainly share it with them to motivate them to continue to offer great service.

Thank you for recommending our Hotel to TripAdvisor.
We certainly look forward to welcome you in the very near future to our hotel.

With best regards

Petr Chmelar - hotel manager
Hotel Fortuna West Prague

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We were 8 girls on a trip and we had the best days in Prauge.
Tram to the city center just a short walk from the hotel.
Super service from Tina in the bar :-) :-) :-)

Nice big rooms were we meet in the morning and before dinner. It was so perfect...

Room Tip: Got a big room in the section across the reception.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
it is great plesure to read your very kind review of your visit to Hotel Fortuna West Prague.
I am very pleased that we were able to meet your expectations and to make your trip a nie and comfortable experience. I am happy that you found our staff warm and friendly.
Thank you for your recommending of our hotel on TripAdvisor.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to post a review.
We certainly look forward to welcome you or your friends on the next visit to Prague.

Petr Chmelar - hotel director
Hotel Fortuna West Prague

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Having traveled the world for over 37 years as a B747 Airline Pilot I will say this. I found this hotel to meet all expectations I hoped for in a short layover between my flights en-route to Kyiv for 1 day. I was on holiday going to visit a friend. The hotel room was quite large, very comfortable, and had all amenities I look for in a hotel of this caliber. The staff was very friendly, quite helpful in arranging my airport pickup, and airport drop off at a very reasonable price. The small bar offered great service, and the breakfast was very nice. The tram was just a short walk less than 5 minutes, however I did not use. Next time through Prague I will again book Hotel Fortuna West. There is a good restaurant just across the tracks I had dinner at and was very satisfied. I give the overall experience 4 stars.

Room Tip: I selected a double room with a large bed. Noise was never a factor for this hotel as far as I can t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Petr C, Manager at Fortuna West, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Guest,
I am very pleased to read your positive review from your stay with us at Hotel Fortuna West. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and recommend our Hotel.
We were delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. Your comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the good standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.
I am happy that you would like to return to Prague on your next holiday.
We certainly look very much forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Regards,
Petr Chmelar - hotel manager

Reviewed November 25, 2013

It was near the train station. Location is not bad. Breakfast was fine. But the rooms werenot that good. There wasn't a hair dryer in the bathroom which made me astonihed! My room door was broken and it was continuously making noise all the night. Because the waindo was broken too.So we had a sound of wind in our room all the night. I guess they might repair, rennovate theri bathrooms, doors and windows immediately.
If you're planning to stay in this hotel in winter forget it! This was the fault of our tour agency we should have disgust about the hotels we were going to stay befor our reservation.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We have been to this hotel for three nights and did not like it at all. Reason?
•30 min away from centre by tram
•Crowded with tourist groups, in breakfast it is nearly impossible to find a table
•There is only two elevators so you wait for minimum 1, mostly 2-3 minutes to use them. When the groups leave, you may catch them easier!
•Not all rooms are non-smoking. If you are given smoking room you really smell the "smoke".
•No hair dryer in room (you may ask for it from the reception).
•Doors are noise conductive.
•We didn't feel like the cleaning is made with care. But maybe other guests may not complain for this

I would recommend to select an hotel closer to center if you are going to prague as a tourist.

But if you insist on this one, ask for a non-smoking room at floor 1 ( so you may not need to use elevator)

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AltayE
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Me and my friends (group of 5 girls) stayed in this hotel 3rd October - 6th October 2013. I can honestly say for the actual price we payed to stay here we can't really grumble, however I wouldn't class this as a 3 star hotel compared to what you can get for the same star rating in England. I would class this as a 2 star really - but again for how little we paid, I can't really complain. The reception staff were really friendly and spoke great English and were a good help. I've heard complaints about the other memebers of staff in the hotel but we didn't experiance anything bad with them, apart from a man in the office on our floor telling us to be quiet when we came in... we probably were talking a bit too loudly but I guess it is good that he is there to keep the noise down for other hotel users.

The breakfast was average, even though it was continental, there wasn't a lot of choice of food that we particularly recognised apart from cereals, bread rolls, cheese and ham, but it did the job. Ok some of the food didnt look too appealing to us but we just avoided that.

The rooms were not that nice to be quiet honest, ours absolutely stunk of fags even though it was a non smoking room, and it just felt like the carpet needed a deep clean (or replacing), the bathroom was clean and the shower worked perfectly. It had the standard amenities that we required and it was only a place to put our head.

The number 9 tram took us into town and this stop was literally a 4 minute walk from the hotel (the receptionist guided us where to go and what stop to get off at), to go into the city centre took about 25 minutes. BE CAREFUL if you ever get a taxi back, espeically at night though as we were royally ripped off as the taxi driver advised he didn't know where the hotel was. Just make sure you take a copy of the hotel's address.

All in all I can say I did enjoy my stay in Prague and on the budget we had this was a decent place, but next time I would spend a bit more for a bit more luxury but it really depends what you are looking for out of a holiday and place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sharna90
Reviewed September 17, 2013

this is a very good budget hotel for all. i like to suggest my indian friends you will like this hotel for its peace and neatness. hotel is in self service format but you will love this. the entire prague is small city and well connected with trams and bus. for local travel fom hotel only use trams. it is in budget and quality service. only enjoy breakfast at the hotel not the lunch or dinner. explore other fooding joints. one chinese joint is within 100 meter reach. it is in ok option.

Room Tip: all rooms are good but taking on higher floors can see the natural beauty more
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business