Aria Hotel Prague by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #8 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Greenfield MA
“Special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Everything is top notch here. Location is perfect on the quieter Mala Strana side yet a 5 minute walk to busy Charles Bridge. It is a beautiful hotel and staff is beyond friendly and efficient.We were upgraded to a luxury suite and they did not even know it was our 25th anniversary! Dinner up on the roof garden was scenic and delicious.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jiri_Hlavaty_GM, General Manager at Aria Hotel Prague by Library Hotel Collection, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Julie C,

Thank you so much for posting a review on the site for us and I am delighted that you found the staff to be beyond friendly and that you appreciated the perfect location. We are located in a wonderful setting with lots of local attractions on our doorstep yet on a very quiet street.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed your upgraded room and that you also managed to sample delicious foods from our Chef David Sasek on the roof terrace! It is great to hear that we made your 25th anniversary memorable.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance.

Warm regards,

Jiri Hlavaty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

I have traveled all over the world and stayed in several top hotels. However, Aria will always rank as one of my favorite experiences. The staff, from Jan Korta (Group Director of Sales & Marketing), to the several front desk personnel (Thomas, Roman, etc.), to Ivana and Henri (concierge), all made my stay in Prague an incredible experience. I stayed in the Dvorak Suite, which was very large and had a view of the beautiful garden. The amenities, including the large luxurious bathroom, were top notch. The location of the hotel is perfect, for it is on a quiet street (with a few cafes and restaurants) in Lesser Town, less than a 10 min walk to the Charles Bridge and Old Town. Some of the better restaurants in Prague are in Lesser Town along with some great bars!! Ivana helped me organize some great private tours and got me in some of the best restaurants in Prague. The breakfast food was good too. I would definitely stay at the Aria again, which I believe is a better choice than the more well known 5 star hotels in Prague (Mandarin Oriental, Four Seasons, Alchemist, etc.).

Stayed July 2014

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
      Location
Zug, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very conveniently located in the center of Prague. Many highlights of the city are within walking distance and there is a tram station nearby to easily get to other parts of the city.

I enjoyed the "music" theming of the hotel. Every room has a music related name in addition to its room number, there are music related drawings on the wall and even little details, such as the "hang up your towels if you would like to reuse it" sign were music related. There is also an extensive music library in the hotel as well as a screening room where a group can see movies on a large screen with a good sound system. The use of this theming in the hotel makes it a pleasant place to explore and makes that the hotel is full of pleasant suprises such as a bar made to look like a piano.

Do make sure you also explore the hotel garden. It is large, beautiful and a very peaceful place to visit. When you climb the stairs to the top, you have a great view of the old city area of Prague. You can see a similar, but not quite as nice, view from the rooftop terrace.

The room is very well equiped with technology, including a PC, a DVD player, Apple TV and a quality sound system. The Wifi in the room was one of the best I have experienced in hotels recently. My room, 302, was nice, but not spectacular. The room looks out over a small inner courtyard, which also makes it relatively dark inside. Plumbing in the bathroom was also fine although the bathroom looked a bit aged.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Aria hotel and I was pleasantly surprised by many of the features in the hotel. I was, however, also surprised when I checked my bill and discovered two mistakes: a mini-bar charge for an item I had not used and a porterage charge even though I did not use the porter! The check-out clerk had not shown or discussed my bill during the check-out process so I only found out after I had paid. When I challenged the clerk on the bill I was told I needed to wait until everyone else was checked out, which I thought was really unacceptable.

It is a shame that my otherwise nice stay at the hotel had to finish on such a negative note which is why I ended up rating the hotel lower than I otherwise would have.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank JWanderers
Jiri_Hlavaty_GM, General Manager at Aria Hotel Prague by Library Hotel Collection, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear JWanderers,

thank you for sharing your opinion and highliting ARIA Hotel´s music theme as well as location and facilities.

I am also happy to read you have enjoyed the in room technology including Apple TV and dolby surround system.

I have also investigated the check out missunderstanding about the porterage that was agreed and signed with the agency that made the group booking for you. We have credited back the charge for porterage and the minibar today since it was probably not communicated by the agency with you.

I will be more than happy to welcome you back soon and please feel free to contact me directly for reservation arrangements at jiri.hlavaty@aria.cz

Best regards
Jiri
troy, oh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

agree with all of the prior positive statements. We had room 206, very large but limited view, an interior courtyard but even that was tasteful. A view of the city would be sublime, but we don't feel it is necessary. We would stay in unit 206 again gladly.
The size of the hotel, 40 some rooms, seems perfect. It is unhurried, guests are polite, almost feels like you are a guest in someone's private home. Champagne at breakfast sets a nice tone to the day.
Easy to walk to all of the tourist areas, literally 5 minutes to Charles Bridge.
We had hotel arrange a car from Vienna to the hotel, was on schedule and a good driver, albeit a bit too fast for my wife. And used hotel to arrange ride to the airport on departure, a very polite young man did an excellent job.
This was my fifth trip to Prague, and I think a boutique hotel is the way to go. Prague is a unique and beautiful place with ever increasing numbers of tourists, and the Aria in the quieter Mala Strana area is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: we liked being on the second floor, always used the stairway. 206 was absolutely silent, did not hea...
      Rooms
1 Thank troyoh
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed at the Aria hotels junior suite for a week.

The hotel is located in Mala Strana, close to tram and metro access. The walk to old town or castle hill isn't too bad either. Karlova bridge is only a few minutes away.

The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. There's a computer, a minibar and the TV is equipped with Apple TV which you can use to access the hotels collection of music and movies. Very convenient on the first night during a thunderstorm!

The breakfast at the Coda restaurant was very good with fresh fruit, bread, smoked salmon, cheeses, ham... You can also get fried or scrambled eggs made to order. The restaurant is also a great place for a dinner, but there are also other very good restaurants within a few minutes walking distance. There's also a rooftop terrace where you can eat if weather allows.

There's a beautiful garden behind the hotel, which seemed to be a very popular wedding venue on the weekends.

The service was excellent from start to finish, you'll really feel welcome at this hotel.

Sleep Quality
Ann Arbor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I cannot say enough about the Aria! It is perfect in every way! It's beautiful and peaceful. Dinner on top of the roof was one of the highlights of our trip. The panoramic view of the city is incredible. The food was also excellent! It it close to everything. The staff is warm, friendly and helpful. The concierge was very helpful in making concert tickets and arranging a perfect guide, Dana. The garden behind the hotel is a gem!
We would return to Prague just to stay at this incredible hotel!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jiri_Hlavaty_GM, General Manager at Aria Hotel Prague by Library Hotel Collection, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear AnnArborant,

I was really pleased to read your feedback following your recent stay at the ARIA Hotel. I was really glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and service including the great dinner we serve on the roof terrace. I was delighted we met your expectations and that you enjoyed the Vrtbovska garden which is a hidden paradise in the center of Prague. Please do come and visit us again soon.

Kind regards,

Miami, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We could not have ben more satisfied with our stay at the Aria. It began with a pre-arranged pick up at the airport and ended with the same arrangement for getting to the Prague train station. Both went very smoothly with English-speaking drivers. We checked in and were given a tour of the hotel and the beautiful gardens in the back. We had asked for a garden view room and were told that none were available, but in the end it didn't matter much. We had the Verdi room-- a very nice large room with a very comfortable bed, a music setup that we didn't use, and a huge bathroom. The room keys are cute and easy to use. The service at the front desk and the concierge in the "music room" could not have ben more helpful. The hotel puts on a nice breakfast spread (cooked eggs upon request) and an afternoon tea. The Aria is a short walk from good restaurants (Coda in the hotel was good as well) the Charles Bridge and the castle complex--a perfect location just outside of the Old Town madness.

Room Tip: Hard to imagine there's a bad room in this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
Dear taxatty,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site following your recent stay with us and I am delighted that you couldn't be more satisfied with your stay at the ARIA. I am pleased that you liked the location, friendliness and attentiveness of staff and that the breakfast and afternoon tea were appreciated.

I am sorry to hear that we were not able to provide you with a garden view room but pleased that it was not an inconvenience and that you took advantage of your beautiful Verdi room.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Warm regards,