Aria Hotel Prague by Library Hotel Collection
$830
$483
Hotels.com
1,830 results
All reviewsmusic themeapple tvcoda restaurantrooftop restaurantcharles bridgescreening roommusic loversbaroque gardenprivate accessjunior suiteold townmala stranaamerican embassydvd playerquiet streetconcierge servicebeautiful hotel
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights in Oct/Nov. We had booked a regular room, but upon hearing that it's our wedding anniversary, we were upgraded to the Bach Junior Suite. The room's in a loft and is very nice. You just have to mind your head so that you don't bump into the rafters. Breakfast and concierge service excellent. Restaurant recommendations were also very good. Surprisingly, and as a first for me, using the hotel's limousine service was not more expensive than the usual taxis! Overall, fantastic place and a must do. My two negative comments: A. An empty wine bottle and ice bucket wasn't removed by housekeeping for two days! B. The restaurant, while quite good, can be marred by spoilt brats at the next table. Plus during winter months, the terrace is closed. I'd recommend dining only on the terrace. Oh and there was a whole song and dance about how they are completely full and how a table could barely be managed. Wasn't the case. The location is absolutely perfect. Just a few minutes from Charles Bridge, a short walk to the castle and best of all, right in front of a police check post.

Room Tip: Splurge. Go for the Junior Suite.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Dingy, odd shaped room. As you walked into the room you nearly trip over the bed. Bad, tourist trap restaurant recommendation by staff. Last time I was in Prague, I stayed at the four seasons- which I much prefer. I wouldn't stay at this hotel again. I halfway suspect the staff discriminates against women. We received poor service while I watched men being taken care of quite well by the staff. Maybe it's a coincidence but I doubt it. On a good note, it's very nicely located in the city. World class 5 star hotel? Nope.

• Stayed: November 2012
4  Thank 7continentsby25
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at the Aria for the second time in two years in October. Two years ago we stayed in a Deluxe room (Tchaikovsky) and this time we chose a Jr. Suite (Handel). Since this hotel is a boutique hotel, the rooms are all different sizes and layouts. From pictures I have seen, you can sometimes get a great deluxe room like ours was or one that is a bit small. Same with the Jr. Suites. Some larger than others. Some with views, some without. We were satisfied with our choice of the Handel Suite and would stay it in again.
Everything in this hotel just plain works. The rooms are spotless, the breakfast is excellent, The location is 10 minutes walk Charles Bridge and then you are in the old town area.
The only thing that was a bit off from our last visit was the attitudes of the front desk staff. Last time everyone working the reception desk was very friendly and they made it seem like it was the most natural thing for them to do. This time it seemed to be a bit forced as if they thought they "had" to be friendly. It didn't affect our stay but it was noticeable. Our last trip the staff made us feel like we were part of the family. This trip they made us feel like we were paying customers. The kind of attitude you will find at the large chains like Hilton, Marriott, Intercontinental. Not bad, just not a natural friendliness.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IrishinDallas
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I just wanted to echo the other reviews. We arrived yesterday to a warm welcome, including a tour of the hotel and a complimentary drink. Our room is great, although try to get a room overlooking the garden for the best view. The room comes with it's own PC (very useful) and also an ipod fully loaded with music. Bed is comfortable, there is plenty of storage and it feels very cosy.

There is a gym, steam room and sauna -fairly small but never too busy. Staff are very friendly and courteous. There's also a useful CD/DVD library.

The location is perfect. Five minute walk to Charles Bridge and about ten minutes to Prague Castle. I would recommend staying on this side of the river, it's quieter but still with plenty of shops, bars and restaurants to keep you busy.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the baroque gardens.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UkSharan
Reviewed November 4, 2012

In addition to comments by all other reviewers (wonderful concierge service, extensive breakfast, tea in the afternoon, access to garden, etc.), I would add that their transportation services were not only excellent, but reasonably priced. I stayed at another 5-star hotel during the second leg of my stay in Prague and Aria's transportation pricing to the airport was at least 1/3 less. They also gave you very good currency exchange rate at the front desk, which was a pleasant surprise.
N.B., the hotel is within short walking distance to Museum Kampa which is well worth the visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple