“A fabulous choice in Prague”

Aria Hotel Prague by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #8 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children - ages 11 & 14) stayed at the Hotel Aria for four days. We couldn't have been happier with our stay. We routinely stay at the Ritz Carlton chain when we travel in the US and the Aria easily matches the Ritz's level of customer service. The larger of our 2 rooms (#415) was beautiful (king size bed, desk, fancy / funky red couch & chair). The smaller room (#401) was comfortable and quiet but just not as nice as the larger room. The hotel has a computer with free internet access in each room (my kids loved this so they could regularly update their Facebook status for friends back home). The hotel has a large collection of DVDs that you can check out overnight for free. The hotel's location is wonderful....easy walking distance to everything in Prague. They have a gorgeous formal garden behind the hotel to which guests have free access. The free breakfast was more than adequate for us....thanks to our jet lag we ate a late breakfast each day and then just didn't need to eat again until dinner. Finally, the hotel's staff was so friendly and couldn't do enough to make our stay in Prague a memorable one. I will DEFINITELY recommend this hotel to anyone I know going to Prague.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank hsbanana
There are newer reviews for Aria Hotel Prague by Library Hotel Collection

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Such a beautiful hotel, lovely concierge, a private library with music, DVD's and books to loan, gorgeous garden, amazing view from the rooftop terrace. My inside courtyard room was quiet and understatedly luxurious. The staff was unfailingly friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2011

The Hotel Aria was one of the highlights of our trip to Easter Europe. This is a lovely, boutique hotel, located in a very upscale area, down the street from the American Embassy. We were upgraded to a suite upon arrival. The music theme, although a bit quirky at times, nonetheless added to the charm. A continental breakfast is included in their rate, which is delicious, but you can order off their menu as well. And afternoon tea with small sandwiches and pastries was a bonus. The service was impeccable. Because we had a very early departure, the hotel provided us with take-away breakfasts. A perfect stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roofustee
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I just got back from this lovely hotel and am delighted to write a review of it. I tend to be a harsh critic, but I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. First of all, the location is excellent. I am so glad we stayed in the Mala Strana and not in the Old Town area. It was a lot less crowded, but still very convenient for all of the sights. There is a delightful area called Kampe Island about 2 blocks from the hotel that has cute, quiet cobble-stoned street and good cafes and restaurants. It was fun to explore and walk around at night. We found a fish restaurant run by the local fishermans' union on the side of river. The food was simple, but tasty and the view was great. It is just past the park on Kampe Island.

I loved the music theme at the Aria--each room is named and designed after a composer. The music is everywhere--in the room when you enter with an Ipod with an extensive collection of music on it. they also have a music library where you can bring CDs to your room to listen.

We had 2 rooms--my son had a standard room that was quite spacious.My husband and I had a Jr. Suite. The suite was not huge, but it looked over the most amazing garden in the back. There was plenty of space and clothing storage and the bathroom was spacious with a fabulous rain shower. There was complementary internet and a computer provided in the room. I am a stickler for cleanliness--the room had a light beige carpet--but no stains or marks on the rug! That speaks volumes to me.

The breakfast was excellent. Good selection and many homemade items. The homemade yogurt was my favorite! They also made delicious cakes and other breakfast goodies each day. The breakfast service was friendly and attentive. In the afternoons, they had complementary tea with sandwiches and desserts. It was so relaxing to sit in the light-filled cafe area in the afternoon with beautiful classical music playing after a hard day of sightseeing.
The Coda restaurant on the roof was delicious with the most incredible view! We sat looking directly at the castle! I highly recommend it.

My only small complaint was that the bed was too hard for me. I tend to like a softer mattress, and this one reminded me of the mattresses in Asia--quite hard. perhaps they could offer a featherbed or mattress pad for people who prefer a softer bed. But this is a minor complaint.

The service and personnel is really what made the stay so special. They always greeted us by name and asked us about our activities. They were so friendly and helpful. Following our stay at the Aria, we went on the Four Seasons in Budapest. it seemed so impersonal in comparison to our stay at the Aria. After we left, I got a personal thank you note from the manager, referencing specifics about our stay (so not a form note). I thought that was very special. It was these personal touches that distinguish the hotel from others. I wholeheartedly recommend the Aria.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kellycares
Reviewed August 18, 2011

The Aria is a truly delightful hotel that strives in every way to make its guests happy and comfortable. The glass atria connecting the various buildings comprising the hotel make for a beautiful, light-filled ground floor lobby and lounge, bar, breakfast room. Besides a beautiful room and bathroom, there are many lovely extras: a dvd and music library, complimentary afternoon tea, private access to the Vrtbovska Garden, a welcoming tour of the hotel, a welcome drink, a welcome amenity in your room (wine and cheese or fruit), a great sound system and in-room computer. I could go on and on. I used the car service to and from the airport and had a massage at the hotel, amenities that helped make my visit to Prague delightful from start to finish. The concierges were helpful with excellent restaurant and sightseeing suggestions. Excellent location as well! I'd stay here again in a heartbeat! I think the occupants of the room next to mine never did leave the hotel; the do not disturb sign was on their door during my entire three-day stay!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank bviwmn
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I have stayed in many of the top rated trip advisor hotel recommendations and can tell you this was the best so far. From the moment I checked in, the service was second to none. We were greeted wi a welcome apero, an overview of the hotel and city and made to feel right at home. The music theme is subtle and quite relaxing. Th eroom was comfortable and quiet. Th elocution was central and the concierge service was not pretentious. I would plan a visit there again. Only complaint was that the spa was not 5-star material, so don't plan on at (by the way, they don't advertise it either ...)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank catchthefever22
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Gorgeous hotel. Spacious and very clean room. Outstanding service from warm, friendly, and hospitable staff. One of the best five star hotels I've ever stayed at. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Choose one of the spacious suites.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple