“Great value and central Prague location - Ideal for city break!”

BEST WESTERN Hotel Pav
Ranked #200 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Great value and central Prague location - Ideal for city break!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Although located in one of the back streets off the main road, the Best Western Pav, offers very good value and an excellent central location for a city break in the beautiful city of Prague.

Check-in was friendly and fast and I was soon in my twin room (207) which was towards the back of the hotel. The room was very clean and well appointed with all the items a tourist requires (e.g. safe, ample storage, TV, free-wifi etc), complimentary teas and coffees are available upon request (apparently no longer standard, as people keep stealing the mini-kettles!).

The bed, mattress, duvet and pillow were all of a good standard and afforded my weary tourist bones a good night's sleep! The bathroom was very clean and comprised of a shower cubicle, wash stand and toilet basin. Towels were OK, but getting a tad old and scratchy - new fluffy ones need to be ordered! Complimentary shower gel is available in a dispenser.

I booked a deal which included a complimentary continental breakfast; this comprised of cereals, rolls, amazing local rye bread (very yummy!), ham, cheese, hard boiled eggs, jam etc. Interestingly there were also some strange items available at breakfast like cold peas, carrots and green beans, alongside pasta salad - no accounting for taste I guess! However, more than enough to choose from and set me up for a good days sight-seeing!

Had a great stay in Prague and Best Western Pav provided me with a comfortable and excellent base for my three day stay.

Room Tip: Room 207 was fairly quiet and had its own small mini balcony (not much of a view though!).
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TimC108

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Florida
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I agree with an earlier reviewer who called the front desk "disconnected" and bothered by guest requests. I have stayed here on two occasions (the location is good and the rooms are comfortable) and BOTH times I found the reception staff SO very unfriendly and unhelpful.
On this occasion I needed directions by public transportation to the Municipal House and the woman at the front desk made no effort whatsoever to help me .. and I ended up walking the 25 minutes with my luggage because she was so totally unwilling to offer assistance. (I moved to the Clarion Hotel where the front desk staff were extremely helpful with such matters)

The breakfast service only starts at 7:30, which is rather late in the morning. I was being picked up at 7:45 for an out of town meeting so I asked if there might be the possibility to be allowed into the breakfast room a few minutes early and was told no. With really no time to enjoy a proper breakfast, I grabbed a cup of coffee and took some bread and cheese to make a sandwich to eat in the car. As I was doing so a member of the hotel staff came over to me to very rudely tell me that it was not allowed to take food out of the breakfast room.

During my previous visit I asked how I could get some ice and was told the hotel had no provisions for ice but I could ask at the bar. The woman at the bar said it would not be possible to be given some ice. So I asked if I could buy some ice (enough to fill a glass) and was told no. Finally, with EXTREME attitude on her part, she very ungraciously gave me a glass of ice!!

Do not these people understand the damage they do to the name of the Best Western chain ... which has some great properties and great staff elsewhere?

It is known as the hospitality industry ... but do not expect to find any hospitality at the Hotel Pav.
It is a shame, I as I visit Prague frequently and, like I said, the location is good. It would make for a good episode of "Undercover Boss"

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SportPsychDoc
PraguePav, Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel Pav, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you very much for review. We always do our best to make the stay of every guest perfect and comfortable. We train our colleagues at the Front Desk and also other departments to have a great hospitality skills. The ice in the bar is for free on request. Is possible to ask for the breakfast package in case the guest is leaving earlier than 7:30 AM (Breakfast opening hours 7:30-10:00 AM). This information we have in guest directory in every room and guest is informed about that during the check-in time also. Thank you for understanding Blanka Černá
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We arrived having walked from the train station in the searing heat to be greeted by very welcoming and helpful staff, a nice bar area to have a cold drink, and a massage chair! Our room was spacious and clean, had a comfortable bed and a great bathroom. The only points I would make is that in the heat of summer the rooms get uncomfortably hot and the windows only open slightly so we asked for a fan. The breakfast was very extensive but quite average. The hotel very centrally located. We had a very nice stay and wished we could've stayed a bit longer.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank flatwhites
Bayside, New York, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We spent one week at this hotel. The location was good, close to the main bridges and a short walk to the main square,.. Our room was a duplex triple, as we were three people. It was clean and very spacious. .At first sight it seemed great, almost too good to be true, however we soon discovered that there was no air on the top floor so it was impossible to sleep up there. It may be a decent room in the winter , or in colder months where air is not needed. We ended up dragging the mattress down the stairs and placed it on the floor next to the other 2 beds. So in theory , it was supposed to be a room for 3, but one person ended up sleeping on a mattress on the floor. Also, the rooms do not have a mini fridge, so you can not store water or other things to eat or drink for later on. The mirror situation was very poor..The one mirror in the bathroom was so far away, that it was almost impossible to put on makeup,, The staff was not all that gracious.. They always seemed bothered and disconnected. But I have to say that the breakfast buffet was the absolute worst!! For me, the food was basically inedible, unless you are from the Czecg Republic and used to that kind of food...The only thing that we could relate to was the bread and butter and hard boiled eggs.and some mornings there was cut up fruit. The breakfast food was mainly food that you would maybe eat for dinner.. heavy meats and creamed potatoes ad soggy peas and carrots.
I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: This top floor room would be ok in the cooler weather since there is no air up there, unless you fee...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Freda S
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Best western Hotel Pav is well located in the centre of Prague.
By foot, it takes about 15-20 minutes to get to the Karls bridge or the Old City Square. It’s located in quite a calm street so we enjoyed a good night’s rest.

Our room was clean and had a spacious bathroom.

The staff was friendly at all times.

I may be spoilt because I am rather an experienced “Best Western” USA traveller but I certainly missed the microwave, fridge and coffee maker in the room. There’s not even a public microwave that people are allowed to use. This is something that – to my opinion - should have been included in the room.

There’s no air-conditioning in the room either so I can imagine it must be very hot during Summer time.

There was a large choice for breakfast. To my opinion, the buffet contained half breakfast options and have lunch options. I really cannot eat hot food that early in the morning so I don’t know why they didn’t put some more “breakfast-like” options instead of lunch options (especially cause breakfast closes at 10am sharp.)

There were several kinds of bread but the best sandwiches were always gone by the time we arrived (which was around 9.30) and replenishment was not possible according to the ladies who worked there.

I read a “complaint” on Tripadvisor about the restricted choice of fruit in the morning. There were only oranges available indeed (no other fruit), but at least it were sweet and juicy oranges. I prefer having only 1 choice a good quality fruit rather than having the choice of 3 different kinds of “poor quality” fruits.

All in all we definitely enjoyed our stay at BW Hotel Pav and would surely recommend this hotel for people visiting Prague for a few days.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2013

It was our first time in Prague, and first impressions of the hotel was: great location and clean looking hotel. The cleanliness carried on inside and the hotels appearance, in the room and lobby etc, was lovely. However, checking in was awkward. Not that it was difficult, but the receptionist was very uncomfortable to be around and made no effort for small talk. We asked a few times where the liveliest places where, and where he recommend we went, we got "old town" - not helpful! Another downside was the breakfast, but I never expect much from bed and breakfast anyway and PAV didn't really pass my expectations.

overall, good place to rest your head but don't expect much from reception!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed with my parents here.
I think it was 3 star hotel.
It is very well located. I could walk to old town.
The hotel was clean. Especially, the bathroom was very clean. The staff was friendly.
But there was no mirror in the room and the breakfast wasn't good for me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family