“OKish for Platinum members”

Hotel International Prague
Ranked #220 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“OKish for Platinum members”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Good location for airport, but an extortionate hotel transfer rate, 800m from the end of the metro line, which gets you into the centre in 15 mins. Nice restaturant in hotel, and several local ones to choose from. No access to lounge for Platinum members unless you agree to the hefty breaksfast prices (£17). Gift shop on site (If you like that sort of thing). Rooms nice and big, with good linens and towels. Beware that the hotel taxi will charge at least 30% more thatn a standard taxi...even with the 'special' discount.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CPPrague, Manager at Hotel International Prague, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Mr. Bilgy,
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel.Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the guest services we offer to our guests. We would like to ask you to send us more information about your stay in our hotel directly to my email adress reserv@crowneplaza.cz to check all details about the airport transfer. Thank you very much.
It will be our pleasure to host you back in Crowne Plaza Prague again.
Kind regards, Eliska

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The location is out of old town square. It is about a 20 minute tram ride on number 8. Not many food options near the hotel. The rooms were old and outdated. If you like watching TV this room is not for you. The room had a 12 inch box tv. The staff was incredible and very helpful. The breakfast had a nice selection of food.

2 Thank FlyingUnicorn
Dear guest,
thank you very much for your recent stay in Crowne Plaza Prague hotel and for taking a time to share your feedback. We are sorry the location and condition of our hotel did not live up to your expectations.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and while we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.
Kind Regards, Eliska
London
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in November. Originally was checked into a room on the 4th floor but after asking for a more modern room we were moved to the 7th floor which is much more modern . We did not do breakfast as it was 60 euros for 3 days for both of us which is way too expensive considering how much you pay in a cafe for the same thing.

The hotel building is from the communist era and stands out amongst the local buildings it is built around. I found it fascinating to look at it as it looks so imposing - other people have posed pictures on this website. In terms of location its in the dejvicka area which is not walkable to the city centre. You need to get on the trams or metro to get around so get yourself a travel pass which gives you unlimited travel on the metro, tram and bus for the duration of your stay (it cost us 10 euros for 3 days travel). It was close enough to the city centre to not be an issue for us. Trams 5 and 8 run from outside the hotel straight into the city centre and take 10 mins.

Travel Tips for staying at the Crowne Plaza - At the airport, but your travel pass for the duration of your stay from the Information kiosk in the arrivals hall. Then go outside to the bus stop for bus 119 and get off at Dejvicka (dont forget to validate your ticket on the bus). You can walk to the Crowne Plaza from here in ten minutes (look at a map before you leave).

From the hotel - take trams 5 or 8 to the city centre and use them to get back in the evening. Don't bother with taxis as the trams and metro are much cheaper.

If you don't like trams, take the metro to dejvicka and walk back to the hotel (10 mins)

A couple of small issues for the hotel if they read this. The curtains in room 719 are a bit small to block all the light out at the edges - worth fixing if you can. Also, access to the business lounge should be included for all platinum members as it would give us an incentive to spend some money at the hotel rather than head straight into town.

In short, A good hotel in a GREAT city! Definitely worth seeing for a minimum of 3 days.

Room Tip: floor 7 has been modernised so ask for that floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CPPrague, Manager at Hotel International Prague, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us. We are happy that you like the building of our hotel.
Thank you again for choosing us, and taking the time to share your feedback and tips with other travellers. I hope you had a wonderful vacation, and should you have any future accommodation needs, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you home again.
Best Regards, Eliska
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a very old hotel, probably converted from a government building. Rooms have been updated and overall it's acceptable quality if it were a Holiday Inn, but not quite the standard of a Crowne Plaza. TV is a old tube model with 2 or 3 English stations. Breakfast was not even up to HI Express standards, and parking costs are outrageous (I was able, however, to park on the street for free). The shortcomings of the property are somewhat made up for by the friendly, courteous, and helpful staff working there. Overall, not a bad stay. For 2 days, it fit our needs just fine.

Dear Mr. Kremer,
we appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.
Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations in some aspects of your stay.
Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.

Regards,
Eliska
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This hotel really wasn't what I would expect from a Crowne Plaza branded property.
I have stayed in 4 Crowne Plaza properties in the past 6 months, this is by far the worst.

I booked my stay 3 months prior to check in and requested a front facing room quite high up. On arrival I was allocated a rear facing room on the 3rd floor - quite the opposite of what I had asked for. The room however, was a deluxe, which was more spacious so in some way this made things OK. The receptionist, did allow us to check in early and was apologetic to me not being able to get a room front facing.

The majority of the issues I had though, were through the hotel not doing what I would expect of them, this expectation is based on previous CPs I stayed in. In my bathroom, there were no: face cloths, shower cap, wrapped soap, or body lotion. In the room, there was no milk, no welcome chocolate, limited teas, and plastic spoons instead of metal. I also noticed there was no biscuit for the coffee (something which I thought was standard). The previous 3 CPs had "this works" sleep spray for the pillow - CP Prague had nothing.

So much of this was wrong. I can understand an HIEX or even a HI having plastic spoons, but not a CP. I expect the bathroom to be fully stocked and not to have to ask for everything. I also don't expect to have to ask for a basic item like a face cloth - quite frankly this is ridiculous. In a Holiday Inn Executive room at Heathrow I can expect there will be a bar of Dairy Milk on arrival, plus biscuits for coffee and complimentary water. In CP London - Docklands, a Terry's Chocolate Orange, plus biscuits for coffee and complimentary water. In CP Roxburghe, two chocolates on my pillow plus biscuits for coffee, and complimentary water.

CP Prague - nothing.

I also experienced difficulty with breakfast. On the Friday I was there, I asked reception to add breakfast for the Saturday morning. By the time Saturday morning came, there was no note of this and told I was told I would need to pay almost double because I was arriving at breakfast unannounced. I had to walk back to reception to get this sorted and then walk back up to breakfast - why they couldn't phone each other to save me walking, I have no idea. Why was there a problem in the first place?

During breakfast I noticed I had been ripped off by how much I was paying for what seemed a limited breakfast. In every IHG property I have stayed (HI, CP, and InterContinental) I have been served tea and coffee. In Prague, this doesn't happen, its all self service. In the Teas selection they do have, their is no Breakfast tea. I know that each country has a different selection, but breakfast tea (I thought) was a basic. They had hot dogs instead of sausages and there was more fat on the bacon than meat, quite generally the hot breakfast was poor.

Finally. Why on earth was there Christmas music playing throughout the hotel...mid October? I love Christmas, and I love Christmas music, but not in October. Its borderline offensive to have it on so early.

I wrote to both IHG and the hotel before publishing this to allow them to respond. Over 4 weeks on I have heard nothing back - poor service throughout this organisation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank businesstraveller51
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel International Prague, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear businesstraveller51,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our sincerest apology for the experience you had during your stay. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Old Bridge, New Jersey
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Spent several days there with my Family. Staff could not have been more helpful and caring.
Front desk helped up decide the best way to get around Prague and gave us good tips on food.
Good location as there is a tram stop up the block.
Rooms were clean and maintained.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CPPrague, Manager at Hotel International Prague, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us.It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.
We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future.
Eliska
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed here with my wife in November 2013 for 1 Saturday night. I am a IHG Rewards Club Gold member and booked my room with points. Overall the hotel exceeded my expectations based on what I read here previously.

Check-in was smooth and I was allocated an upgraded club room on the 12th floor which was very spacious and had all the amenities I would expect (TV was quite small). The gentleman who checked us in was very proactive in offering us all the amenities and status benefits I would expect. In the room the beds were very comfortable and the room was well laid out and in good condition. The corridors were wide and well carpeted throughout.

We had welcome drinks at the 'Armstrong Bar' in the lobby and there were fine. The bar atmosphere was good and I would have stayed for more but one thing I can never understand in Prague Hotels is the huge disparity of drink prices compared to local bars/restaurants. Crowne Plaza is no exception.

The building itself is very iconic - the most prominent example of Stalinist architecture in Prague, it also has a very interesting history and I found wandering around the grand entrance hall, lobby, banqueting floor very interesting.

The only real aspect I was disappointed with in my stay was the lack of information about the hotel's history itself. I think the management could make this more of a selling point and provide a leaflet/brochure about the building, famous guests etc. For example, the hotel's bar is named after a previous famous guest - Louis Armstrong.

Room Tip: High floor for a better view.
Dear Shamrock1,

We are delighted to know you have enjoyed your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Prague.
We would like to thank you for sharing such a nice review with tripadvisor community.

We will be more than happy to welcome in our hotel again.
Best regards, Eliska