“Perfect Stay at Betham”

Ranked #267 of 651 Hotels in Prague
Minneapolis
“Perfect Stay at Betham”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in March 2012 and were 100% satisfied with everything! We had a room facing the street which was not a problem at all as it is not noisy on this side street. Our room was clean and lovely,decorated in true Czech style. The large bathroom was modern and featured a nice, deep bathtub. The breakfast downstairs included a wide variety of food such as eggs, cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit and pastries. Free computer usage with free internet in the hotel main lounge. The lady with the dark hair at the front desk was friendly and very helpful to us, giving us directions to different locations. This hotel is located just a few minutes from the Charles Bridge and the Old Town Square. I don't know why anybody would need anything more fancy or expensive; for regular folks who love to travel but are on a budget and appreciate a nice, clean nice place to stay, this hotel is perfect. We will definitely stay here again on our next visit to Prague!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank IrisMinneapolis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Riverton, Utah
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We loved this hotel in Prague. Such a great location, and such an interesting place! I loved staying somewhere with such a unique history. We stayed in the attic room, which I was a bit nervous about as my husband and I are tall people. I'm 5'10 and he is 6'2. We didn't have problems with the height of the ceiling. The only issue was in the bathroom with the mirror. I had to sit on the toilet or kneel down to be able to see my face when putting on my makeup or doing my hair. But it wasn't that big of an inconvenience. I would recommend they put a mirror in the room somewhere that is a bit higher on the wall.

The bed was so comfortable, and the room was so interesting and quaint. I loved looking out the window to see the rooftops of the other buildings and hear the clock chime.

Breakfast was also delicious and wonderful! Great value, great place! We loved it!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
virginia
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I stayed for six nights in a double, but for a single rate. The clean bed was very comfortable (the only piece of furniture in the hotel that was), the bathroom was large and also very clean, the room had free Wi-Fi and there was lots of storage. The staff was pleasant. The location is terrific and the rates are reasonable - @$85 a night for a single). HOWEVER, the only light in the small room was an unpleasantly dim two-bulb ceiling fixture and two tiny lamps at bedside. Even one desk lamp could have improved the ambiance immensely. The only chair was uncomfortably hard and not suitable for use at the too-high desk. I woke up at least twice every night from the obvious street noise. (Fortunately, I did get back to sleep but friends in other rooms could not. The noise is loud!) The breakfast buffet had a huge variety of mediocre food and beverages. Don’t believe any reviewer who says it’s excellent. Two restaurants across the street were non-smoking and tremendous values (Klub Archtitektu and U Betlemske kaple). My wife will be with me next year, but I don’t think we’ll stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I stayed at the Betlem club for 3 nights last week, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. Excellent location, being only a few minutes’ walk from all of the major sights and areas (Old town square, King Charles bridge, Wenceslas Square, Prague Castle etc.), and lots of restaurants and shops. One really nice thing is that while the hotel is very close to all the attractions, the square on which the hotel is located is actually very quiet and pleasant. You get the best of both! Close to everything but without all the noise and crowds. I really couldn’t imagine being based in a better spot.

The hotel itself is very nice, quaint, and extremely clean and well-maintained by a very friendly and helpful staff. The included breakfast (served in a very cool stone basement room) was quite good, especially considering the price. I really wish the American chain hotels (where I spend about 150 nights a year) could learn to serve a breakfast of this quality, instead of the disgusting and inedible swill they try and pass off.

There is but one caveat I’ll mention. I stayed in one of the attic rooms on the 4th floor, which for the record I really liked and thought was very cool, but there are some beams and low ceilings to consider if you are above about five feet seven in height. It is quite easy to bump your head if you’re not careful. So… If you’re tall and feel that you’ll be bothered by this, you may want to book a room on a lower floor. I’m six foot one, and I wasn’t bothered by it, but then again I do live in an attic with low ceilings, and I can’t stand up without hitting my head at work either, so perhaps I’m just accustomed to it! Stand up slowly and you should be fine.

Overall, I thought the place was awesome, and I would look no further if I came back to Prague.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Leiden
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights in october 2011 on the 2nd floor. The room was small but comfortable. Good heating while it was very cold then. The location is perfect: in the center of the city on a small , rather quiet, square. Good walking distance from the Karel Bridge, Wenceslas Square, and Obezni Dum (go there for coffee in the wonderful Jugendstil restaurant!) Breakfast in the cellar, dating from the middle ages, was OK. Of course there is a variety of restaurants there, we can advise Klub Architektu, at the other side of Betlemske Nameski, also in a cellar.

Wheelchair accessible? In the hotel is an elevator, in the streets cobblestones.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mix30
Copenhagen, Staden Kobenhavn, Denmark
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Perfect location, nice breakfast. If you are taller than 1.70 do not book the rooms on the loft - which are otherwise extremely cosy. All together very, very nice hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Prestonpans, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We spent 5 nights in the Betlem Club Hotel and were more than satisfied. The room on the 2nd floor was spacious, clean, with a very nice clean bathroom. The beds were comfortable and the service excellent. The staff at the reception desk and at breakfast were friendly, courteous and helpful. Breakfast was fantastic as it was in the old 13th century cellar. Somebody here on Tripadvisor complained about the smell – I couldn’t detect anything. Breakfast itself was good, too – a nice choice of food, something for everybody. In addition, the hotel is located centrally with just a short walk to the Old Town Square and to Wenceslas Square. All in all, we had a fantastic, enjoyable stay and if I go to Prague again, I’ll book a room in the Betlem Club Hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family