Golden Well Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,826 results
All reviewsu zlate studnecastle gardensprivate entranceturn down servicepillow menucharles bridgerooftop restaurantold townwelcome drinkevery afternoonboutique hotelspecial hotelapple tvmala stranawonderful hotelsparkling winedinner reservations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 6, 2011

We stayed at this hotel with my 8 year old for 3 nights, the hotel is small and intimate however still has a friendly and relaxed feel to it. Everyone was very welcoming from the initial check-in and tour of the hotel to the restaurant staff who were happy to cater for a childs meal, nothing was too much trouble. The location is very convenient to the Castle and the restaurant terrace has wonderful views of the city and surrounding parklands. The food at the restaurant was fantatstic for both breakfast and dinner and the presentation and cleanliness of the entire hotel was of a very high standard. One of the best hotel stays for all three of us. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank 3away
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We stayed at the Golden Well in Sept, 2010. We arrived in Prague via the train from Budapest. Although we had prearranged with a guide to have a driver meet us when we arrived, no one met us.
We usually just handle transportation ourselves, but he had read on tripadvisor that taxi drivers are problems in Budapest. We followed the signs for the taxi line (which was quite long) and we were given a fee of about $90 for what should have been $25-30. Fortunately I was able to pick up a wifi signal in the airport.
I used my iphone and skype to call the Golden Well. I explained our situation and I was told that they would send a driver to pick us up. We were so relieved. About 20 minutes late rwe were met at the Burger King in the train station by a man carrying a sign with our name on it. I could tell we were going to like this hotel!
Our room was charming, the breakfast was fabulous and the staff was remarkable. It was our anniversary and the hotel had champagne and treats waiting in our room when we checked in. Our favorite part of our stay was the evening gathering in the lounge. We met several lovely couples and one evening we all stayed for 2-3 hours talking. One of our favorite things about their service is the complimentary coffee or cappuccino they will deliver to your room in the morning. It was such a wonderful touch!
The location is close to both the castle and the town.
We would wholeheartedly recommend this fine hotel and wonderful staff!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2011

This hotel is one of a kind. I totally agree with all the other visitors. Definitely the place to stay in Prague. Amazing old building redone nicely. A restaurant on the roof with views of the whole town. Ring under the great walls of the Prague castle. Free wifi. Free cakes and water by your bed at bedtime. Great breakfast which I think is included in the roof restaurant. And a great chess set to play with a wine one the first floor landing. Totally cool. Must stay. Very Prague. Other hotels are nice but not as authentically Prague.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed January 1, 2011

Nice quiet location, town center within easy walking distance. Staff extremely helpful and friendly. Great view over the city from the room and restaurant. I would stay there again and recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2010

The Hotel Golden well made our trip one of the best experiences I have had in several years. There is not one thing I could say against this wonderful hotel. We will definately come back - hopefully next spring. Dr. Parry

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends