1,883 results
All reviewscastle gardensprivate entranceturn down servicecharles bridgerooftop restaurantgrand deluxe roomold townwelcome drinkevery afternoonboutique hotelspecial hotelapple tvmala stranawonderful hotellittle touchessparkling winedinner reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2017

We chose the Golden Well for our 3 night break to Prague. The welcome in Reception was the best we have ever had. Our room was large, comfortable and very clean. It included an Ipad and smart phone for our use and also a very funky toilet! The hotel is ideally situated in a quiet area underneath the castle. It takes about 15 mins to walk from the hotel to either the castle or the Old Town Square. We were pleased to be away from all the crowds. Every afternoon the hotel provides complimentary drinks and snacks in the lounge room, which is a nice touch when you have spent the day walking in the cold. Breakfast is quite pricey but they do try and make it very special. the views from the restaurant are fabulous. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovesherholidays_9
Michal M, Manažer at Golden Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

Dear "lovesherholidays_9",

thank you so very kindly for your amazing review which we mostly appreciate!
We are so glad you had such a lovely stay with us and we are already looking forward to see you soon again.

Reviewed December 1, 2017

We were travelling as a couple for a romantic sightseeing break to Prague.

I read the reviews of many hotels and opted for this one.

Our expectations were a small, friendly boutique hotel where we could be as quiet of as busy as we felt appropriate.

What we got was an outstanding version of our expectations.

The cleanliness has to be highlighted, and if, like me, this is an important feature for you then you will be delighted.

All of the staff were friendly and professional.
The Hotel is set quietly a little above the main bustle of Prague along a narrow cobbled road slightly below the Castle. A treat of a location.
I recommend the breakfast and the deal to take breakfast for each day of the stay was very very reasonable for choice, quantity and quality. One the morning of my partners birthday we sat in the terrace restaurant from 8 until 11, eating, chatting, drinking and enjoying the view, it was a perfect birthday morning.
The rooms, bed, bedlinen, pillows and bathroom are luxury without pretentiousness.

I would happily return tomorrow and intend to stay again in the near future

2  Thank SarahElizabethWilson

Dear "SarahElizabethWilson",

thank you so very kindly for your amazing review! We are so very glad you had such a lovely stay with us and enjoyed Prague to its fullest.

Hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed December 1, 2017

Exceptional Stay! Provide for every detail.
Prague itself is beautiful! Staying at the Golden Well adds to the fairytale experience. Most romantic stay. Rooms are large and well appointed, very old world charm with modern amenities. Staff very helpful. I lost an earing one day and the front desk called me to tell me they found my earing! Amazing they knew it was mine. Also we were there for our anniversary, we made reservations at the Hotel restaurant as it is one of the city's top restaurants. Such a nice romantic evening. Fantastic meal. We then returned to our room with incredible nightly turn down service, providing complimentary water and delightful little sweets. We were greeted with a hand written note acknowledging our anniversary and very thoughtful sentiments. Such a nice touch! Complimentary WIFI Complimentary bottled water daily Complimentary fresh fruit daily Very nice touches after long days of walking and exploring the amazing city. Loved this Hotel and now on my Favorite of All time list. Thank you everyone!!!

Room Tip: Incredible views. We stayed in room 24 - photos attached
1  Thank chchand

Dear "chchand",

thank you so very kindly for your amazing review! We are so glad you has such a lovely stay with us and we are already looking forward for you to come back soon again.

Reviewed November 30, 2017

You are missing a real opportunity if you don't stay at this hotel while in Prague.
Charming old-world meets new world hotel. The staff is extremely focused on the guests, from arrival to departure. Nothing is overlooked.

The guestrooms are spacious and elegantly appointed. The bathrooms are very modern. Cleanliness was top notch. I loved the evening turn-down service with the sweet treat.

Don't forget to eat in the restaurant for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The views are beautiful.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank LAB0100
Michal M, Manažer at Golden Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2017

Dear "LAB0100",

thank you so very kindly for your amazing review!
We are very glad you had such a nice experience and we are already looking forward to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed November 24, 2017

My wife and I chose the Golden Well Hotel based on customer reviews and satisfaction.
They were not wrong! The warm welcome and following introduction to the hotel was exceptional. Our four day trip to Prague started with a recommendation to one of Pragues best restaurants by the river. Perfect in every way. Our second day in Prague encompassed all the usual turist sights but unfortunately ended in what was to develop into a severe heart attack the following morning. This is where the Hotel staff showed their true colours. Their reaction and professionalism probably saved my life. To add to their praise I wish to thank everyone at The Golden Well for their sincere concern and for taking care of my wife in her hour of need. A warm thanks for accomodating my son and daughter during this crisis. Unfortunately my own personal experience of the Golden Well was limited to the first day and to the wonderful breakfast. Still, as a seasoned traveler my short experience gave me more than enough time to appreciate the true quality of service and standard of The Golden Well. I thank everyone there who attributed to making a bad situation into a problem free stay for my family. Should I ever have the opportunity to return to Prague to experience this wonderful City under better circumstances then there is only one hotel that I would ever consider. Thanks once again to the management and staff for taking such care of my family during this challenging time. I wish you all the very best. Kind regards. John S. Allan

1  Thank allan996
Michal M, Manažer at Golden Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2017

Dear "allan996",

thank you very kindly for your nice review! We are glad despite all the bad that happened you still have nice memories of our hotel. We are glad we could help and we hope it helped you to solve the terrifying situation..
You are always welcome back!