Golden Well Hotel
$119
$115
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
Cloister Inn Hotel(Prague)(Great Value!)
$193
$179
Cancelon
1,827 results
All reviewsu zlate studnecastle gardensprivate entranceturn down servicepillow menucharles bridgerooftop restaurantold townwelcome drinkevery afternoonboutique hotelspecial hotelapple tvmala stranawonderful hotelsparkling winedinner reservations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2009

Me and the wife returned to U Zlate Studne as a special Xmas present to each other. We where here in June when we had our wedding reception at the restaurant and stayed in the Rudolf Suite,well there was no way i could afford that room again,but no worries as room 12 was just as beautiful. The hotel and staff where just as we both remembered truly unbelievable,we both adore this place,and although you've got Prague outside to be explored(5th visit,cant wait till 6th),you never really want to leave the hotel,i had to drag my wife out(only joking)
A new feature of the hotel was the 17.00 finger food and drinks in the lounge,what a real classy touch,again could of just stayed in there and chilled,never tried tuna tartare before,beautiful,i think id eat anything the chef here makes(but thats a different review)
The hotel is really magical to the both of us due to our wedding there last summer,and there was a feeling "will it be as good",and it was 100%,just like to thank all the staff for another unforgettable stay,at which must be one of the finest hotels in the world,thanks and see you soon in the summer.

Reviewed February 28, 2009

We've recently returned from a long weekend in Prague at the Golden Well Hotel and it certainly lived up to expectations... indeed it exceeded them! We can easily see why the hotel has won the Trip Advisor award!

The staff are all lovely; so very friendly and helpful. They make such an effort to ensure you enjoy your stay in Prague and their attention to detail is fantastic. It really does have a very comforting atmosphere.

Our room was lovely and exceptionally clean - the pre-loaded i-pod on the bedside table is a lovely touch. The bathroom didn't have separate shower but the jacuzzi bath was enormous and had a hand-held shower which was absolutely fine. The breakfast buffet was delicious but the cooked breakfasts are a real treat - again, the staff are very efficient and friendly.

The hotel itself is in a perfect location; very close to the Castle and Charles Bridge. Basically, it's walking distance from everywhere. There are plenty of lovely restaurants and bars if you explore the little lanes nearby.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to everyone, it's a real find!

1  Thank DandLSurrey
Reviewed February 26, 2009

I have one word for this hotel : Magical!

Everything was excellent and perfect for our honeymoon. Upon arrival at the airport, a Mercedes picked us up and took us directly to the hotel. There, we had a very warm welcome and were given a room with a magical view of the city!

Room + Room Service
The room was spacious with all comforts & jacuzzi plus heated floor in the bathroom. As honeymooners, a yogurt cake + amuse bouche + fruits were waiting for us in the room to enjoy. At 20:00 the maid knocked our door and told us she was there for turndown service. Not knowing what it was, we left her do her job. She put towels on the floor in each side of the bed accompanied by new slippers. She made the bed to be ready for sleeping, put 1 bottle of water on each bedside table and prepared the bathroom for us. Lastly she left a paper on the bed with the weather forecast for the next day. We were astonished by the quality of the service and we had a very nice sleep. The next morning and for the rest of the days we stayed there, a copy of a newspaper was waiting outside our door.

Location
The hotel is situated near the new parliament, which means that there are policemen everywhere (this is a good thing if you want to stay out late). It is also a 5 minute walk from Charles Bridge and a 8 minute walk from the nearest Metro Station. I believe that the location of the hotel is very strategically placed, as it is near all major sightseeing parts of prague. We only had to take the Metro twice (once for the National Museum and one more for Visehrad). I recommend if you are up to it, to walk your way in the city. We averaged 8 hours of walking per day, but I believe there were all worth it.

Restaurant
The restaurant was at the top floor and had a beautiful panoramic view of the whole city. The breakfast was somewhat poor comparing to the rest of the amenities. I am not saying that it had a poor breakfast. On the contrary it had it all and you could also order extra breakfast. But since I am Greek, I need quantity in my breakfast not quality.
The same goes for the 7 course degustation menu that we had. I know that they have an award winning chef, but I don't like eating raw food (this is a personal opinion, some of you may like tartar dishes or meat with blood in it).

Everyone, from the manager to the bell boy, where very kind, very helpful and with a smile on their faces. All I can say about the service is this : Excellent!

Extras
Everyday from 17:00 till 19:00 in the main iving room of the hotel, they would bring fingerfood and wine, which was on the house. We gathered there 2 or 3 times during our stay and we had a lovely chat with the rest of the guests.

As a conclusion I would have to say that this hotel was well worth the money. I would definately recommend it to a friend or any other for that matter. The only side effect of the hotel is, that smoking is prohibited through out the premises except for one place which is in a hall way under the restaurant.

Reviewed February 20, 2009

My husband and I have just come back from spending Valentines Day weekend in this wonderful hotel in Prague. I had read all the reviews and so was optimistic but the reality exceeded my expectations. We simply could not fault their service, nothing was too much trouble. Concert tickets, restaurant recommendations (we went to restaurant David on their advice and it was excellent) etc.

One really nice touch was the finger food/buffet and drinks served at 5pm in a really cosy lounge. All too easy to stay and eat and drink too much! We had a superb meal on Valentine's day itself in the hotel, the food and service were great. Only one niggle the cost of the wine and glasses of champagne were out of proportion to the cost of the meal. But this did not spoil our enjoyment of a very romantic evening.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, and I have already done so!

1  Thank jillybeans88
Reviewed February 17, 2009

I recently stayed in the hotel with my wife for a short break in Prague. All other reviews say it all - it really is perfect. I have stayed in Prague four times previously, the Golden Well is the best I have experienced by a long way. Other hotels throughout the world have a lot to learn about customer service when compared to the Golden Well. If you are trawling websites searching for the perfect Prague hotel for a romantic break, look no further than this hotel. They do everything from meet and greet at the airport, to welcome drinks and explanations of the city, bags taken to your room before you notice, dinner reservations, reservations at the opera etc etc. We tried to test their patience with requests for this and that, everytime we were greeted with a smile and a 'No problem, that would be our pleasure to arrange for you.'

We can't wait to go back. The only downside to the hotel is that the customer service, the rooms, the views and the food are so good that my wife will moan when other hotels in other cities don't measure up to the Golden Well. This hotel raises the bar, long may its awards justify its excellence and long may I hope I can still get a room!

If you want the best in Prague, look no further - go on, your partner deserves it!

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Icanbgrumpy