“Perfect”
Review of Golden Well Hotel

Golden Well Hotel
Ranked #3 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed April 2, 2014

absolutely perfect. One of the best places i ever been in my entire life. Super attention to every detail. This was my first visit in Prague and if i decide to come again 100% i will stay here... recommanded to everyone want to enjoy this beautiful city

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tend81
Jiri_Hlavaty_GM, General Manager at Golden Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Tend81,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TA community. We are proud to be one of the best places you've ever visited.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Golden Well Hotel soon.

Warmest regards,

Jiri Hlavaty

Write a ReviewReviews (1,814)

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Having recently returned from this wonderful boutique hotel I can only endorse all the praise that has already been lauded upon this beautiful retreat just below the Castle. It's position is envious, with wonderful views. The staff could not have been more helpful or professional and the attention to personal detail was amazing.

The room was lovely, spacious, well appointed and with so much more than a normal hotel. Towels were changed twice a day even when not requested and the evening turn down was quietly but charmingly done.

The food is excellent and you could order what ever you wanted for breakfast. We also had two evening meals in the restaurant which were superb.

We cannot fault this hotel in anyway so a big thank you to all The Golden Well staff and to Trip Advisor who we went to, to make our choice.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Midge13,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay at the Golden Well Hotel in Prague.

We are delighted that you enjoyed both your meal in our Terasa Restaurant and your accommodation with the special turn down amenities. It is always lovely to read that the service a guest has received could not be improved .

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Golden Well soon.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed March 26, 2014

My Mom booked this hotel for a girls week in Prague - we had two rooms - one for her and one for my two sisters and I and both rooms were absolutely perfect. We were completely spoiled from the moment we walked in until checkout and we were so sad to go. The concierge communicated with my Mom regularly before our visit and arranged for amazing day trips and reservations. The moment we walked in it felt like we had known the staff forever - we hugged them all immediately! The hotel was beautiful and the location was perfect. We loved walking up the street to tuck in each night. The breakfast and view from breakfast were incredible - an absolutely perfect way to start each day. Dinner in the restaurant was also out of this world. No detail was left to chance. I would recommend this hotel a thousand times and can't wait to take my husband back!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Megan L
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My son booked this hotel, based on Trip Advisor reviews, and it was amazing! We arrived separately and I couldn't have asked for a more personal welcome. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff; the attention to detail was outstanding. I have never stayed anywhere like this and I would recommend it unreservedly.
If I do return to Prague (this was my first visit), part of the pleasure of returning would be to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Jiri_Hlavaty_GM, General Manager at Golden Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Lesley P,

Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay with us at the Golden Well Hotel. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the service your received especially from the staff. I have passed on your kind words to them and to the rest of my brilliant team. I do hope you will come back to stay with us soon.

My best wishes,

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We chose this hotel after reviewing Trip Advisor for our 4 day Prague getaway. Right after we made the booking we knew we made the right choice. Communication and service were outstanding, right down to the little details (car pickup, separate wifi for each room, little chocolates by the bed each night, complimentary bottle of wine and happy hour). Ivan, one of the concierge staff, was absolutely stellar; no request was too much. After learning it was our anniversary, we were treated to a chocolate cake one night. The restaurant, Terasa, is one of the best in the city and has a fantastic view. We loved our room (42) as we had a view and easy access to the balcony where we had a glass of wine and watched the sun set each evening. Located a 10 min walk from both Charles bridge and St Nicholas Cathedral, it is close and yet not too close to the city's hustle and bustle. One of the best hotels we have been to.

Room Tip: room 42 is perfect, has a good view and is a generous size, close to the restaurant and balcony
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank steff0566

Dear steff0566,

I was delighted to read your feedback following your recent stay at the Golden Well Hotel. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the service you received especially from the Concierge desk. I have passed on your kind words to all the team. I was so happy that we made you feel comfortable and enjoyed the great facilities in the room No 42. It is a beautiful room with stunning views.

I do hope that you will join us again in the near future where I am sure you will have another excellent stay with us.

My kindest regards,

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We were completely charmed by this wonderful boutique hotel. It's quiet setting, just slightly set apart from from the from the busy "tourist-y" areas, and peaceful ambiance added so much to our delightful stay in Prague.
They have done an amazing job of adding luxury and modernizing this historical building without erasing it's charm. Adding heated floors in the bathroom, wonderful shower & tub facilities, but leaving original beamed ceilings and wood floors, for example.
All the reviews about excellent service are true! From the welcome drink and private tour, afternoon wine & appetizers, and remembering personal preferences, all amazing. (I don't believe I've ever seen a "pillow menu" before!)
I see a few reviews that criticize the location -- it is, indeed, set a bit apart. But only just a bit. We could see St. Nicholas Cathedral from our window, and in a matter of a few minutes walk were at the church and the public square where restaurants and transportation and cash machines were readily available. Charles Bridge is also within easy walking distance, and Old Town just beyond. The car / cab who delivers you will stop short of the door, so your bags will be graciously transported to & from by the hotel staff. Because we love to walk, none of this was an issue to us.
It is literally at the base of the Castle, and in fact has a private entrance that leads directly into the Castle Gardens.
Oh, and about breakfast -- buy the breakfast! Just do it! We struggled with this one, 'cause we don't normally eat a huge breakfast. But no matter how else we worked it, we were spending as much or more as having it included. The view of the city is really outstanding from the restaurant, we so enjoyed lingering over coffee here. They serve everything imaginable, but -- if you want something that's not on the menu, simply request it.
I believe it's important to understand that this hotel is so highly rated because it is so unique. We travel allot, and we have stayed at many many luxury hotels ~ and many of them blur together in our memory. Somewhere like Golden Well is special because you FEEL like you're in Prague, it adds to the magic of the city, it is part of the experience. This is one of our favorite hotels of all time, a very memorable stay.

Room Tip: We loved our room on the 4th floor, we had easy access to the restaurant without needing the elevato...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jiri_Hlavaty_GM, General Manager at Golden Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear SandSKapolei,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your stay at the Golden Well Hotel last year.

We were thrilled to welcome you to the hotel and even more delighted that despite sampling so many other hotels worldwide, we are one of the favorite for you. It is always lovely to read that a guest has enjoyed every part of their stay from the breakfast in our restaurant to the team who took care of all their needs.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for another memorable experience and maybe some more walking in the royal gardens of the Prague Castle and touring the city.

With warmest wishes,

Reviewed February 20, 2014

This was the most amazing hotel I have ever had the pleasure of staying in,it was beautiful and the service was above and beyond the attention to detail was amazing and the whole staff could not have been more helpful x

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Louise M,

Thank you for the lovely review and for the compliments you heaped on our hotel. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and hope that you will come back soon so that we can pamper you some more.

Keep Golden Well hotel in mind when you plan your next escape to a magical Prague!

With warmest regards,