“A Golden Experience”

Ranked #3 of 651 Hotels in Prague
Sydney, Australia
“A Golden Experience”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

There is an ambitious comment in the in-room guest book which states: 'We do believe your stay at the Golden Well Hotel will remain in your memory as one of the most delightful and pleasurable experiences in your life'. This could not be more true!! We would return to Prague just for the opportunity of staying here again. Where to begin? The restaurant/breakfast room provides amazing views across the terracotta rooftops to Charles Bridge and surrounds. The variety and quality of breakfast options, both hot and cold, was 5 star. We missed out on the opportunity of dining at the award winning restaurant (dinner) so we would suggest that you make reservations before you arrive. The service was friendly, warm and genuine. Our room was charming and we too loved the sweet delights that awaited us when we returned each evening. We also appreciated the weather forecast card for the next day (we stayed in mid December so this was of great service to us). There were so many other 'delights' that we could mention here but like a good book or a great movie we don't want to give away too much and spoil the expereince for you. There is magic and delight in experiencing what this wonderful hotel has to offer. Note: We were two sisters travelling and had no issues with the 'stone edge street'. We have been telling all our friends and family about the Golden Well Hotel and cannot wait for the opportunity of staying again.

Room Tip: The Grande Double Room_Deluxe has great rooftop views.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed March 14, 2012

My spouse and me are aware of Prague amusements and streets. But it was the first time at Golden Well. Beautiful building with it's own long history had an amazing city view out of restaurant accompanied by great service and high quality food. Pillow menu was our choice. Only nice memories. We wouldn't anywhere else.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2012

My wife and I visited Prague this weekend to celebrate her 40th birthday and we were absolutely delighted with the Golden Well hotel. The welcome was very warm and the service throughout was flawless - for example, when we got back to our room after a spectacular dinner at the restaurant, we were delighted to find a beautiful cake and a very thoughtful hand written note.

The room itself was very comfortable and was decorated beautifully. It had stunning views of the city itself.

The location of the hotel is very good - only 5 minutes walk from Charles Bridge and at the foot of the Castle. We found it a comfortable location to walk all over the city from.

Highly recommended and we will be back for certain!

2 Thank mightyhawkins
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Wanted to spend a romantic weekend. I had to go to Prague in business and took my wife along.Checked the best places for romance. Golden Well came out first.We went there.
Indeed, it is a quite nice, clean and different hotel. ery good restaurant with good views. Despite the fact that one cannot reach it my car (located in a dead end street), with a stone edge street (bad for the ladies) and that some rooms you must lean to shower (the bathroom ceiling matches the roof of the building!!!),the hotel would have been recommendable, if....
Here comes the IF.
Like any other hotel, I saw a well designed note claiming that that Robes were for internal use only - otherwise one must pay. We did not see any other notes like this one for anything else.
To my surprise, the day after checking out, I received an email claiming payment for the Laundry bag available in the room. Maybe I am wrong, but I have visited hundreds of hotels thru out the world, always have used those laundry bags to bring my dirty wear and never any of those hotels mentioned a thing. The Golden Well requested me to settle the bag!!! As you can imagine, it is not the price that I am talking about...it is the principle. A no-no story that must be said for people to know about it. Be advised...Obviousy. I was given the chance for returning the bag. I think it would have costed as much as to keep the bag!!!!!
Good way to do business!
This is the reason to rate my stay as POOR. Good equipment, friendly atmosphere but poor customer relation!!!! Mainly, if you strive for repeat customers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where you can shower standing up!!!!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
13 Thank RedSLB
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We booked to stay at Golden Well for my 30th Birthday trip to Prague. We used the tripadvisor reviews to help us decide where to stay. The whole experience was excellent and we would definitely recommend anyone to stay there! We stayed in a Grand Deluxe room on the 3rd floor.

We took the Bus and Metro from the airport which took about half and hour and the hotel was easy to find using their website directions. On arrival we checked in with ease and had a guided tour of the beautiful hotel including complimentary drinks and taster in the restaurant (the views are AMAZING!). We were then shown our room and it was made very clear what was complimentary which helped us a lot as we tend to be quite shy travellers.

The room was beautiful, lovely, graceful decor, wonderful views, delightful pralines and fruit plate, Molton Brown toiletries (not just a few bits, everything you could possibly need!). The maid service was quiet and efficient, I had to send her away twice on one night as I'm so slow at getting ready but she was very polite and obliging. The choice of pillows was great and we slept really well. I enjoyed the iPod classical tunes (other choices available) although my husband was not a fan. We also had an iPad at our disposal which was really useful to look up walking directions and opening times for attractions. We didn't get the opportunity to enjoy the complimentary drinks and snacks at 4pm as we stayed out all day sightseeing which was a shame.

The location of the hotel was great, it was really quiet but within 10 minute walk to Charles Bridge. The staff could not have been nicer and more helpful, we felt really relaxed and looked after. I am no expert with hotels but I am fussy in general and I would revisit this one.

Thanks Golden Well for making my birthday so special.

1 Thank smidwinter
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I expected from this hotel to be special, that was my reason to choose it, but such extraordinary experience I couldn't imagine..... First of all, we got the best room no... (actually I can not remember the number, but everybody said on Tripadvisor that this room is with the best view)
And we even didn't ask for it! Amazing! And the view.... Well, I will do my best to put a few photos. Dinner was very good, wine even better, and the champagne the best! Breakfast is so good that you don't need lunch at all except, maybe a little of something which hotel offers every afternoon as delicious snacks! Staff very kind and helpfull, location on Mala Strana perfect. Anyway I am sure that Mala Strana is much more authentical than Monmartre. Just as a suggestion: visit National Theatre, it is such a great experience. And Lobkovicz palace, of course, at least for a coffee or glass of wine if not for something more. And with such a sunny weather which I've never experienced in Prague....

Room Tip: no tips, just luck
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dragance
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. All aspects great, especially the extra touches such as the afternoon sandwiches/drinks. I liked its location, tucked away from main roads but still central. It shows that a hotel doesn't have to be imposingly grand or flash to be 5 stars.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple