“Century Old Town - in one word : Excellent!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel

Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #73 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Holon, Israel
“Century Old Town - in one word : Excellent!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife and I arrived to the hotel for four nights at the end of October to celebrate my birthday.
It was important to us to get a high floor,so,we got a room on the 5th floor (the highest floor) on the front side of the the hotel.
After a noisy night from the street , we asked to move to the inner side of the hotel.
The woman at the reception said that since we went for the weekend there is a trade-off and we could leave our bags in the luggage storage and go out on our daily trip, and when we get back to the hotel ,there will be a new room waiting for us on the quiet side of the hotel facing the courtyard.
When we got back we got a new room on the second floor where the ceiling seems higher than the previous room.Through the window we saw the courtyard with two large maple trees as you can see in postcards of autumn leaves ...

All rooms ( at least the two rooms we stayed in )has bathroom very clean with white modern design with Aromatic scented soaps for shower.

Inside the room there is a Wardrobe containing mini bar inside two bathrobes and Bathroom slippers and some extra blankets .

The Room is Air-conditioned with a TV , a hairdryer , a facility to place suitcase and an electric kettle with a number of teas , as well as a desk and another table for coffee or anything else.

There is free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. Ice machine on each floor for guests.

The hotel is clean, well maintained and tidy. Along the corridors bunk , old photos of Franz Kafka and the magical streets of Prague.

Breakfast was full of good things, and rich natural juices of all kinds , a variety of rolls and breads, yogurts and cereals , sausages , bacon , a selection of cheeses , fruits.
Omelets prepared upon request , as well as , boiled eggs , scrambled eggs and fried eggs .
Inside the refrigerators, in addition to the natural juices ,there were interesting desserts .
The kitchen staff and dining room staff are polite and welcoming , remarkable is the dining room manager who took care of us and other guests throughout breakfast (we should have asked her for her name to specify it here... ) .

The reception staff were very kind and patient and helped us with the city map and all other things we asked.

And now the location of the hotel:
The hotel is in the heart of the city, right at the exit of the hotel , just steps away , is a modern shopping Center called Palladium, few steps from there there is a Shopping Center,more veteran,called KOTVA.

From the hotel we reached to almost all tourist attractions provided by the city of Prague by foot. To get to the castle on the other side of the Voltava river we took a tram, just outside the palladium is a tram station from which we took line number 5 and then later replaced to Line 22 that got up to the castle .

So to make a long story short:
Great location , friendly service and the price is worth !

As I strongly recommend to all my acquaintance,and I'm sure that in the future if I will go to Prague, I will not think twice and I'll have a room at this fine hotel.

Regards,
Eran Fox
Israel

Room Tip: Rooms on the inner side of the hotel and on the lawer floors (2nd floor and higher) are quiter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EranFox
Christophe B, General Manager at Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Mr Fox,

In 2 words : Thank you !!!!

Thank you for having choosing the Hotel Century Old Town - MGallery collection - for your stay in Prague.
Thank you for this wonderfull comment on tripadvisor.

I hope that we will have the pleausre to welcome you again.

Best regards

Christophe Bergeron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the hotel. I contacted them to arrange pick up from the airport which cost 590 Koruna.
Check in was quick and the staff very friendly. In fact we got a lovely greeting every time we entered or left the hotel.
The room was small with a very high ceiling. The bed was very comfortable and the room spotless. The bathroom was a good size with a good shower, no bath. We overlooked a courtyard so the room was very quiet.
Breakfast was a good buffet, with fresh cooked omelettes if you wanted.
The location is first class. Just a 5 minute walk from the Powder Tower enterance to the Old Town. Wenceslas Square is also close by. In fact we left the hotel at 10 each morning and didn't get back until late each evening.
We loved Prague and the hotel was perfect for our stay. I can definatley recommend it for a stay in this marvellous city.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DebraChester
Christophe B, General Manager at Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure welcoming you to the Hotel Century Old Town in Prague and we are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon! Yours sincerely,

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I booked this hotel through my companies booking site based on location. The location was extremely convenient and just a short walk from all of the tourist sites. The hotel itself was extremely clean and though the rooms were small, they were nicely appointed and everything was in good working order. I appreciated the historic character of the building, especially the high ceilings in the rooms which made them seem much bigger. The breakfast was much better than I expected and the custom omelets were excellent. Throughout my stay the staff was helpful and friendly, and I didn't experience any problems whatsoever. I would definitely stay here again when I have business in Prague, and would recommend it to others as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alina F, Operations Manager at Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to welcome you at Century Old Town Hotel in Prague and we are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you very much for leaving your impressions on Tripadvisor.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you againin the near furture.

Yours sincerely,

Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Enjoyed the stay in full due to the central location, perfect service (very helpful people), nice and clean room and in the morning a tasty breakfast with plenty of choice. What else do you want......

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank wdwtrip
Alina F, Operations Manager at Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was with very much pleasure that we’re read your comment you posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay with us.

For us this is the best reward to our daily efforts: to see that our guests are satisfied and that they would like to come back.

Really hope to have the chance to welcome you again in the heart of Prague.

Respectfully,

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

The location of this hotel was spot on. Within walking distance of the Old Town, public transport, shopping, entertainment, eateries and number of cultural pursuits. The room was reasonable size, perfect for my needs, and a street view which I loved. The room was well maintained and the bed extremely comfortable. Reception staff were welcoming and very helpful in assisting me with arranging tours and other providing other important information.

The lack of vegetarian options in the hotel restaurant was the only downside for me. The only time I ate in the restaurant, I was the only guest, which felt a little odd. There was limited options to choose from on the menu which was disappointing and I was offered an item from the room service menu which sufficed. It may be wise for others like myself to investigate eating out where there maybe more choice.

Also, I wasn't aware when I booked that the hotel offered a transfer service from the airport and the main train station which would have saved me a whole bunch of money as I was taken by an unscrupulous taxi driver (apparently a well known scam in Prague) who charged me 800 Kroner for a trip that should cost no more that 150. I suggest anyone booking this hotel arrange for a transfer directly with them before arriving.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank meejayne
Alina F, Manager at Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback of your stay with us.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and this is the nicest reward for the daily efforts of our team to be better and better.

Referring to the constructive feedback on the menu options, I am happy to let you know that we are currently reviewing our a la carte option for the Restaurant and Bar and we will soon launch the new version, to better met our guests\ expectations,

As for the taxi experience, indeed, we always recommend to be contacted for airport pick-up and drop off. This we you will be guarantee a fair price and a good constant service.

Hope to have the chance to welcome you again in our property in the heart of Prague.

Yours sincerely,

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

My mum and I decided to meet in Europe for a vacation - mum came from the UK and I came from Toronto. After checking reviews on here we booked this hotel. I had a few questions before booking and had quick responses from the MGallery group and they were very accomodating with our requests.

We met at the airport and took a taxi (not booked through the hotel - check my reviews for taxi review) to the hotel. We arrived at approx 12pm - check in was fast and with a smile. We didn't have too much interaction with the front desk, but whenever we did they were very helpful and always smiling.

The room was a bit small, but still more than enough room for the 2 of us - and we totally understand the history behind the building and the restrictions on any changes that can be made within the building. The room was very clean - with a fridge, safe, closet, table, a couple of chairs, a full length mirror (awesome!). There was a hairdryer supplied, and the usual amenities (shampoo, shower gel, soap, shower cap). There was also a shoe shine cloth supplied, slippers, towel gowns, nail file, sewing kit - so, some nice little extras. The beds were super comfortable. Our room was on the 5th floor and overlooking the Courtyard so it was very quiet, even with the window open all night. This was great because there was no a/c in the room and it got quite stuffy at times and so we had to keep the window open. There was what looked like an a/c controller on the wall - it said 5/10/15 etc celsius. We turned it on and hot air came out. We were told by the front desk that it only works for hot air - this was very odd (it either needs to be fixed, or it should be clearly marked for heat only). The shower was amazing. House keeping were fantastic and did a great job cleaning the room (and were also helpful when we needed any extras).

Breakfast was included in our booking and it was really good - egg/omlette station, muffins, breads, yogurts, coffee machine, fresh fruits, cereal, milk, juices, meat/cheese slices, sausages, bacon etc. Basically everything you want in a European breakfast. The staff in the morning were lovely and very sweet. One thing that was lacking was multi-tasking when making the omlettes. One time I was caught behind a guy that ordered 4 omlettes. The staff member made the omlettes one at a time and it took quite a while (and a line built up behind me). At other hotels they usually make at least 2 omlettes at a time. I was on vacation and not in a rush so it's not a big deal, but I think it would be a good idea when it's busy.

The hotel location is fantastic! 10 mins walk from Old Town Square, Wenceslas Square and the main train station. The tram system is great, but we never used it. Mum and I walked everywhere - even up to Prague Castle, and down to the Dancing House. Prague is a fantastic city to stroll around in (and were were lucky to have great weather in October). The Palladium is round the corner from the hotel - over 200 stores (yay!), and a fab food court (with fast food and sit down restaurants). There's also a number of other restaurants within a few minutes of the hotel. Billa supermarket is very close too.

If you're travelling through Brussel (like I did) be sure to allow at least 1.5 hours to transfer (to allow for delays, line ups etc). It's one building, but one really big building. My checked baggage went all the way through, but i did have to go through passport control and hand luggage security. It took me 55 minutes to go from gate to gate (and with a non-EU passport it would have taken longer).

On a final note, Prague is known for being a party city - but that's not all it is. It is beautiful and there is so much to see and do in the daytime. You don't have to go to the clubs to enjoy Prague!

Room Tip: Facing the courtyard is very quiet. Views are lovely from the 5th floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank foreverblended
Christophe B, General Manager at Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

At M Gallery, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon! Yours sincerely,