“Superb location!!!!”

Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #69 of 649 Hotels in Prague
“Superb location!!!!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

5 min walk from the Powder tower and Prague old town square where u'll find many many shops and restaurants. Dont forget to visit the Chocolate factory and watch them prepare candy!! Tramway is across the street and a big shopping centre is also close to the hotel.
The hotel did excellent job in providing us with Folklore night reservation and transportation (good food, great atmosphere,excellent beer, dancing..), and a Segway tour( sooo much fun, a Must do!)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Christophe B, General Manager at Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

What a pleasure to read these wonderful comments on Tripadvisor and to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us!

It will be a real pleasure to welcome you again!

Christophe Bergeron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Westmeath, Ireland
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We recently stayed here for 3 nights, check in was quick and staff were very friendly. Our room was lovely. We asked for non smoking room. It had a high ceiling and bathroom was perfect, the shower was brilliant. We arranged an activity for the following evening with reception staff and they were very good with directions and provided a map etc..
The main issues I have with the hotel are, 1) Bed is very hard 2) 2 breakfast waitress staff were not Friendly at all, no smile or friendly service offered, but others were more friendly. I asked for a jug of milk twice and waited some time for this. Also the hot food counter was not organized properly, had to ask for large plate each morning, waited some time for plates to arrived.
Positive issues:
The breakfast is very good, plenty of choices and enjoyable but could noticed some staff just cleaning up tables and not looking after guests.
Location is very handy tram outside and metro down the road 5 min walk. Shopping centre next door is very near and plenty of shops and cafes. You can walk to most of city tourists attractions from hotel, reception staff very informative and knowledgeable. Wi Fi available in bedroom, I used the Computer and printer at reception without charge very handy indeed.
Reception staff were very helpful one night and provided myself with some pain relief for a headache.
I would recommend this hotel to any family/friends visiting Prague, as the issues I had were not huge but can happen in any hotel.
Enjoyable stay and will be back to this hotel again.

Dear Guest,

What a pleasure to read these very nice comments on Tripadvisor and to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us!

Regarding breakfast, I’m very sorry if some of our staff didn't have the proper attitude. Please accept my sincere apologize. I will talk with the breakfast manager to be sure that such situation will not happen in the future.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit!

Yours sincerely,

Preston
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Recently returned from 3 nights over easter. The hotel is about a 5 min walk from the powder tower and about 1 min walk from a huge shopping centre. There is a tram track directly outside the hotel but doesnt cause any noise. There are many bars and restaurants near by so you dont need to stroll far to get a bite to eat.

The rooms are very large and very quiet with all the facilities you would expect.

The breakfast was very substantial with the choices being cooked breakfast/ cerals/ fresh fruit/ pastries or all of them. The only problem is that if the hotel is very busy the breakfast room does seem to be to small. On two of the three mornings there was a long queue to get into the room. The staff were very apologetic about it but the earlier you go for breakfast the better. I think it'll be less of a problem in summer as they have a outside courtyard. the limited space is only reason i'm not giving the hotel 5 stars.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again and have no problem recommending it to freinds of family.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Christophe B, General Manager at Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

The hotel is indeed ideally situated in the city center and within walking distance from the most known touristic places. Regarding the space for breakfast, it was due to the renovation of 1 part of the restaurant. Now the new part is open , offering to our guest a nice new breakfast area.

How wonderful that you were able to have a good time in Prague.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit!

Yours sincerely,

Magor, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Okay so I'll start with the good points. This is by no means a bad hotel. The staff on reception (especially the lady in the orange scarf) and the bar staff, (especially Petr), were excellent and very friendly. The location is good and having the Palladion mall almost next door is actually very useful for popping in for a quick drink or sandwich or bit of shopping. Namesti republicky metro and the tram are nearby, (just be careful around the metro as there are some slightly borderline characters around there at night, although it is a safe area on the whole). My room was clean and the shower was excellent, no view at all, I was on the 5th floor and had a view of a wall but I am not bothered about that as I didn't go to Prague to look out of the window.
Before booking this I nearly booked for the Ibis next door but was glad I did not as this was full of stag trips and had a permanent gaggle of people standing outside smoking and blocking the pavement.
It's not a terrible hotel at all but here's my criticisms. Mgallery is part of the Accor chain, whoever is in charge of beds there needs to get a grip, the beds at ibis and sofitel are like trying to sleep in blancmange, this bed was like sleeping on concrete. I probably got 4 hours sleep a night. Lumpy, hard, no give and a massive ridge down the middle; it has to be one of the worst beds I have ever slept on. The room was also incredibly hot, I had the AC on full the majority of my time there and it must have been mid 20's in the room. It was about 17 degrees outside so there really was no need! By the time I discovered these things I was settled in and unpacked so I thought I would just tough it out. Oh and can someone please fix the card reader in the right hand lift.
So would I stay there again? Well yes, but it would not be my first choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Christophe B, General Manager at Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the MGallery Praha Hotel Century Old Town. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.

At M Gallery, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you in the near future.

General manager
Bern, Switzerland
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Friendly staff / narrow b'fast-room / nice bar and Lobby /
airport-transfers with hotel-taxi is good, some Drivers do Speed up a bit too much / hotel-taxi in town are too expensive / taxi-Situation in Prag is very bad and risky!

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Christophe B, General Manager at Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with your stay. Your comments are truly appreciated.

I will pass the message to the taxi company which is working for us.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again in the Hotel Century Old Town

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great comfortable hotel with a touch of class and style. Very good location as it is right next to shopping centre and Old Town. The rooms are quite big and I found the bed very comfortable. The staff were very helpful and speak English well so it was easy to communicate with them. Nice little trendy bar downstairs to relax to at the end of a long day. Overall I was really happy, so much that I extended my stay.

2 Thank Michael S
Christophe B, General Manager at Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

It will be a real pleasure to welcome you again!

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great location, walking distance to restaurants, bars and tourist sights. Close to shopping and shopping centre. Staff were more than helpful, friendly & could speak English, which was a plus for us. Lovely hotel room was very clean & quiet. Breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear guest,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the MGallery Hôtel Century Old Town. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.