Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel
$262
$203
Official Site
2,719 results
All reviewsfranz kafkaold towninsurance companygreat locationaccor grouppalladium mallhigh ceilingsnice hotelrepublic squarehotel is locatedwalking distancepowder towertourist attractionsmetro stationstayed for nightscomfortable roomsexcellent breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I booked a deluxe room with courtyard view on the advice of trip advisor reviews and travelled in November 2012. This did allow for peaceful nights sleep but the size of the room was little bit on the small size and the bathrooms even smaller from what was expected.

The location is just off old town square and wenceslas squareso an easy walk to the main tourist areas.

What let the hotel down was the reception staff and room size. I had emailed the hotel previously to advise them of my Accor hotel platinum card number and received a very courteous reply. On checking in they had no record of my loyalty card details so checked me in as normal. After receiving the room card and confirmed it was the room type I had booked the receptionist entered my card details and found I was a platinum card holder and had the cheek to say she had upgraded my room which obviously she hadnt. We then booked a late check out to find that this hadnt been registered so we was locked out of the room after 12.00pm they even thought I had already checked out!

For the above reasons I would recommend staying at the Raddison which has a top notch restaurant now!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank DaveandClare
Christophe B, General Manager at Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the MGallery Praha Hotel Century Old Town. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
Our hotel is an historical building, built in 1874 and the bathroom kept the character of this period. Concerning the bedroom, it was a superior room with a superficies of 25 m2 which is one of our bigger rooms. This particularity of our hotel doesn’t excuse the oversight of our reception team regarding your late checkout and I’m very sorry for it.
Concerning your upgrade, in fact you booked already the highest standard of room, so we were not able to give you better room, taking into consideration that our only suite was occupied, and this is what the receptionist wanted to say.
At M Gallery, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
To apology, and also due to your status of Platinium LeClub card member, I would like to offer you some compensation, so please contact me directly (h3440-gm@accor.com)

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was a lovely hotel in a perfect location. It's bout a 10 minute walk to the train station or Old Town Square. We had a courtyard room so we never heard any street noise. Breakfast each day was wonderful with fresh omelets made to order along with the normal fruits, meats and cheeses. There is secure paid parking underground next door at the Ibis, the ramp is a bit tight for a mid-size SUV.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AmericanabroadALM
Christophe B, General Manager at Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

What a pleasure to read these lovely comments on Tripadvisor and to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us!

On behalf of our entire team I would like to thank you for affirmative words regarding our staff. Your positive opinion motivates us to perform even better in the future.

The team at Hôtel Century Old Town Prague wishes you a Memorable year in 2013

We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We've been into Prague for the first time - enjoyed big times! I'm so happy we booked Century Hotel Old town - great location close to the subway, tram and bus, 5 minutes walking distance from the Old Town square. The hotel is nicely decorated, rooms and facilities are clean and well equipped. I would like to special thanks to Kristina and Sarka - they have gone the extra mile to make our staying most enjoyable.

Plenty of the restaurants in the neighborhood. Palladium shopping center is the next door from the hotel entrance. The staff is professional and friendly. We are the family of four, and our eldest son is 15 year old. At the time of booking, they didn't have any free suits, so we booked 2 separate rooms, but the receptionists managed to find 2 adjacent rooms.

All in all we were happy to stay at Century Hotel Old town and will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Ask for the Kafka room - Franz Kafka worked in that room for 14 years as an insurance expert!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Julia S

Dear Guest,

What a pleasure to read these wonderful comments on Tripadvisor and to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us!

Thank you very much for your comments in regards of Krystina and Sarka. They will be happy to hear that you enjoyed their service and attitude.

The Kafka room is in fact the room number 214, which kept this literary spirit within its walls of this great writer.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is a stunning and prestigious hotel in perfect location. The lobby is fantastic and the whole building is beatiful like most buldings in Praque. The rooms are quite standard though with free Wi-Fi and bad picture in TV for most channels. The walls are thick and you will not hear anything from the other rooms. Nice rooms all around. You will be in old town in 10 minutes by walking and in Palladium shopping centre in two minutes. There is a great restaurant and beer house just a cross the street called La Republica. Very nice service in the hotel and they will arrange for airport tranportation for you as well. We were here in beginning of January and the hotel was full of Russians. Perhaps for that reason the breakfast was very strange, there weren´t enough of it and you could stand in a line to even get to the breakfast. But with patience and open eyes for new culinary delights, you will get a nice start for the day. Very good hotel and great value for your money.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CallMeCaspian

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your extremely positive comment. It is a great pleasure for us to read all those warm words about our Hotel Century Old town and our service.
I can promise you that ''Not only rich people are welcome in our hotel....''

We truly hope to be able to see you and your family back in Prague!

With best regards