Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #68 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Gothenburg, Västra Götaland, Sweden
“Vidhya”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was on a business trip to Prague and i stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks. The room was very nice for a comfortable stay and they had wonderful employees. The breakfast was nice and the staff at the restaurant were warm and welcoming. Not to mention the location, which is highlight of all. I enjoyed my stay in this hotel and would certainly go back here during my next visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Christophe B, General Manager at Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your extremely positive comment. It is a great pleasure for us to read all those warm words about our Hotel Century Old town and our service.
On behalf of our entire team I would like to thank you for affirmative words regarding our staff. Your positive opinion motivates us to perform even better in the future, espacialy when is coming from a guest who stayed 2 weeks.
I hope that your positive feeling about our property will motivate you to visit our Hotel again in the nearest future.

Our Hotel is your home !!!

With best regards

General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel for almost two weeks and can say that the hotel has professional and responsive staff, good breakfasts and rooms with good sound isolation. If you want to have a good sleep at night, I recommend to ask for a room facing the yard and better on 2nd or 3rd floor away from the staircase. If you are lucky and nobody sings songs next to your door (which never happened), you'll sleep like a baby. On top of regular eggs, bacon and sausages, the breakfast offers variety of pastry, fruit and dairy. The standard room price is affordable even for a private trip, which given the location of the hotel, is a real find. The reasons why I give this hotel 4 and not 5 stars are below:

- Standard rooms are quite small: If you stay alone, it would not be a problem, but for two it may be too small
- Small restaurant (bar, actually): if you want to have a dinner in the hotel, be prepared that there will be no space - in total, there are around 15 tables (5 in smoking and 5 in non-smoking area)

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

What a wonderful comment on our services! The team is thrilled that they were able to exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay at the MGallery Century Old Town.

Thank you very much for these encouraging comments, I will certainly not miss to thank them for their efforts.

We truly hope to be able to see you back in Prague!

Sincere regards from the entire team

Reviewed November 21, 2012

The hotel is comfortable with a lovely foyer area with the juiciest and BIGGEST apples for guests to help them selves to. Free wifi and comfy rooms with nice free post cards hidden inside the welcome pack- a nice touch!
The hotel is 5 mins from the main town centre square and for any 'friends of Bill' there's a meeting house directly accross the street. Fab!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

What a pleasure to read these wonderful comments on Tripadvisor and to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and appreciate our details of service.

The hotel is indeed ideally situated and within walking distance from the most known cultural and touristic place. How wonderful that you were able to have a good time in Prague and

We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed at the hotel during a recent trip with a group of young professionals. Was impressed with the helpfulness of the staff. The room itself was a good size and comfortable bed. Bathroom was clean with a large power shower. Free Wifi was a bonus. Central location within walking distance of all the tourist spots. Would recommend to all!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for these comments following your stay with us!

We are happy that you enjoyed staying with us and that our services were up to your expectations and I will certainly not fail to convey your remarks to the entire team.

The entire team is looking forward to welcome you back,

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Staff was amazing!! Treated me like a queen. Had a guy to help me with my bags(not offered in any of the other hotels I visited). Room was huge, bright, clean and a relief after the shacks I had been staying at in other countries. Had a full bed, washcloths, tissue, fridge, great TV with English speaking stations--A 5 star hotel at a great price in a great location. I did not want to leave the room, but when I did I found the streets clean & did not feel uncomfortable walking around in the dark by myself. Next day I walked a short way to a lovely square with native foods, a mall, and places to buy postcards & other treasures. Would tell anyone(and I have) to visit Prague without hesitation. Train station and airport were both clean--looked new. Put Prague on your must visit list. Happy Travels E

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Christophe B, General Manager at Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

What a pleasure to read these wonderful comments on Tripadvisor and to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us!

Thank you very much for your comments in regards of our team and quality of service.. The team will be happy to hear that you enjoyed their service and attitude.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit!

Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was very happy with my stay in the Century Old town. Especially for the location. No car needed. Everything is in walking distance: major tourist attractions, restaurants, a big shopping mall at less than 1 minute walking from the hotel entrance, tram stop, supermarket,...
I was also very pleased with the room. Big spacious shower. And the maid service was very well organized. One day I was in my room all morning. I left for 20min to go get lunch and exactly during this time they cleaned my room so when I came back I had a fresh room.
The only disadvantage was the bed. The matress was very good quality so that was not the problem but the size of the bed was too small for 2pers. If I would go back to Prague I would choose the same hotel but I would ask for a King size bed (if this is available). That is the only reason why I rate the hotel very good instead of excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RENARDANTWERP
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with your stay. Your comments are truly appreciated.

I confirm that we have some king size bed

We all look forward to welcoming you back again in the Hotel Century Old Town

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Beautiful hotel, with excellent facilities and helpful staff. The hotel is a stone's throw to all the local amenities, supermarkets, local shops, big shopping centre and all the tourist spots. If you wish to have a delux stay in a welcoming/lovely hotel then hotel century is the place to stay:-)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Elise A
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much to you and to all your group for having taken the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.

It is a very nice attention !!!!!!

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with our services and staff. Your comments are truly appreciated and will be a great source of motivation for the team.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again.