“Awesome!!”

Ranked #189 of 650 Hotels in Prague
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome!!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here as part as a coach tour I was on and the place was great. I was upgraded to a huge room with a double bed and a couch. I would defiantly stay here again the next time I'm in Prague. It was close to the Metro and a mall that I made good use of.

• Stayed October 2012
IBISMALASTRANA, General Manager at Ibis Praha Mala Strana, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your impressions on your recent stay in our hotel Ibis Praha Mala Strana, I am delighted that to read that you have enjoyed the hotel, the service and comfort of our hotel.
I will share this with the team and I do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to Ibis very soon.

Regards,
Michal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
South Bend, WA
Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is the third time staying at hotel. We arrived at main train station and took a taxi to hotel. I had a prepaid stay of 7 nights. Room was small but adequate. Nice flat screen TV but limited English channels. Once I had to ask if they vacuumed, because the previous day they had not. Next day was okay. Breakfast for us(not prepaid) standard 11 Euro each. I found that a bit pricey. Breakfast did have a lot of variety but not many hot choices and scrambled eggs usually too soupy. My wife loved the yogurt choices. A lot of fruit, cheeses, cold meats, breads, etc.
I usually had some shredded cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers in addition to other items. Breakfast often crowded with several tour groups but we always found a place to sit and staff really hustled to restock food and clean dishes and tables. I realIy enjoyed their coffee machines, with all the choices. Often had to ask for artificial sweetener, but some days was at the coffee machines. I chose this hotel mainly for location. Close to Andel metro station and several trams. Took tram to National Theatre for opera one night. Also tram 12 to get bus to zoo and botanical garden. Several blocks from Novy Smichov mall with a Tesco and multiplex cinema. Having been to Prague many times we like to do some things like seeing a movie and saw one at Novy Smichov and another at Cinestar which was about 2 blocks or less from hotel. Finally had scheduled for hotel transport to take us to train station. Paid the hotel 350 CZK for trip and car was there exactly on time and delivered to station. One tip at main train station. Unlike Germany and some other places, the track of your train is not always the same. Info told me one track and later found it had changed, so I guess one must stay in the main part of station watching the giant board until the track of your train is posted. There are touch screen info on some of the tracks but many were not working.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rkh29
I am glad that you have had an enjoyable stay here with us in Ibis Praha Mala Strana hotel. We strive to always enhance the quality of service and guest satisfaction, I will pass on to the team your comments, and we hope to see you soon back in our hotel.
Regards Michal Tomes
Reviewed October 15, 2012

what you expect from an ibis hotel, nothing more or less. Its a 5 minute walk away from the closest metro station which is called Andel and from where you can get anywhere in the city. most things like the old town of Prague are a little bit harsh to do on foot from here but its possible.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Stukken J
IBISMALASTRANA, General Manager at Ibis Praha Mala Strana, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Good evening, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your review on our hotel, we are all pleased at the Ibis Praha Mala Strana, that you have enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and in Prague. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon.
Regards Michal
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 7, 2012

It is the standard Ibis hotel, clean bed, free wi-fi reasonable storage space, small flat screen TV and good price. I recommend bringing your own toiletries.

I considered the location to be good, less than 5 minutes walk from Andel metro station and heaps of trams and buses stop nearby. There is also a large mall with Tesco next door, where you can buy fresh fruit and water.

Getting to all the tourist attractions are easy if you can navigate with a map.

The only dislike is that they can not provide a kettle free of charge.

The hotel charges very reasonable airport transfer service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Calfie
Greetings from Ibis Praha Mala Strana, and I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us, I shall share this with the team as it is always rewarding to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Best regards, Michal Tomes
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed here last year Oct.

For a basic budget hotel, it worth the price and has all the essential thing you need. Transportation was easy, there is metro and tram 2 min walk away. It is not next to the tourist spots, but since the metro and tram are next door, you wont feel hard to move around. May try the Novotel next door next time!
receommended!!

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Regards, Michal Tomes
Trim, Ireland
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights. The staff were excellent and very helpful. The old Town of Prague is about 25 minutes walk away and if you like shopping, there is quite a large shopping complex next door to the hotel.
One down side is the trams rolling past and the odd police car going by with the sirens going but I would fault the hotel for that.
Would I stay here again should I come back to Prague, I'd have to say yes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ronan97
IBISMALASTRANA, General Manager at Ibis Praha Mala Strana, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Good morning, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your review on our hotel, we are all pleased at the Ibis Praha Mala Strana, that you have enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and in Prague. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon.
Regards, Michal Tomes
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed here for three nights after returning to Prague from Vienna. It was a few months ago in May, but we still remember quite clearly as we thoroughly enjoyed our time. Breakfast was great, setting you up to hit the streets for the rest of the day - the location is good, being right in the heart of a shopping centre and markets. We were also able to catch the tram to the old city, or stay on the tram and go for miles, and yet also quite easily find our way back. We stayed at two places while in Prague, with a visit to Vienna in between. The staff at the Ibis were friendly, professional and helpful. It was also great to be staying at the same place as lots of other overseas tourists (even though we didn't know them) as this was one thing we all had in common. The only disappointment was when our payments were mixed up, and reception didn't at first have any knowledge that our room had been pre-paid. After quite abit of discussion this was sorted out, but I would advise you have proof of payment if pre-paying your stay here. Otherwise, apart from that, we enjoyed our stay, our room although quite compact, had everything we needed, and was modern and comfortable. There is also a restaurant that's open for all meals, although we only had breakfast here, which was delicious, with a huge variety of foods to choose from. Note: May is a great time to visit Prague, as its Spring and the weather is great.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple