“Nice basic hotel!”

Ibis Praha Mala Strana
Ranked #196 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed here last year Oct.

For a basic budget hotel, it worth the price and has all the essential thing you need. Transportation was easy, there is metro and tram 2 min walk away. It is not next to the tourist spots, but since the metro and tram are next door, you wont feel hard to move around. May try the Novotel next door next time!
receommended!!

Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
IBISMALASTRANA, General Manager at Ibis Praha Mala Strana, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

I am glad that you have had an enjoyable stay here with us in Ibis Praha Mala Strana hotel. We strive to always enhance the quality of service and guest satisfaction, I will pass on to the team your comments, and we hope to see you soon back in our hotel.
Regards, Michal Tomes

Write a ReviewReviews (1,650)

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights. The staff were excellent and very helpful. The old Town of Prague is about 25 minutes walk away and if you like shopping, there is quite a large shopping complex next door to the hotel.
One down side is the trams rolling past and the odd police car going by with the sirens going but I would fault the hotel for that.
Would I stay here again should I come back to Prague, I'd have to say yes.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ronan97
IBISMALASTRANA, General Manager at Ibis Praha Mala Strana, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Good morning, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your review on our hotel, we are all pleased at the Ibis Praha Mala Strana, that you have enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and in Prague. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon.
Regards, Michal Tomes

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed here for three nights after returning to Prague from Vienna. It was a few months ago in May, but we still remember quite clearly as we thoroughly enjoyed our time. Breakfast was great, setting you up to hit the streets for the rest of the day - the location is good, being right in the heart of a shopping centre and markets. We were also able to catch the tram to the old city, or stay on the tram and go for miles, and yet also quite easily find our way back. We stayed at two places while in Prague, with a visit to Vienna in between. The staff at the Ibis were friendly, professional and helpful. It was also great to be staying at the same place as lots of other overseas tourists (even though we didn't know them) as this was one thing we all had in common. The only disappointment was when our payments were mixed up, and reception didn't at first have any knowledge that our room had been pre-paid. After quite abit of discussion this was sorted out, but I would advise you have proof of payment if pre-paying your stay here. Otherwise, apart from that, we enjoyed our stay, our room although quite compact, had everything we needed, and was modern and comfortable. There is also a restaurant that's open for all meals, although we only had breakfast here, which was delicious, with a huge variety of foods to choose from. Note: May is a great time to visit Prague, as its Spring and the weather is great.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank champ1410

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Although the room was small and basic, it was clean and the bed was comfortable. Location good for visiting both the old and new part of town - easy to walk across the river to the old town, but public transport very good if walking is too much effort. Breakfast excellent. We didn't use the hotel restaurant in the evening but had very good, inexpensive meals at the Italian restaurant across the road. The main down side to our stay was the very noisy location - our bedroom window looked out onto the loading bay of Tesco, and delivery vehicles were arriving throughout the night. The noise this created, together with general traffic noise of a busy road and frequent emergency vehicle sirens made achieving a good night's sleep quite a challenge. Service was good, staff friendly and helpful, minor problem with shower was sorted out straight away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the hotel to the Tesco shopping complex
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy R
IBISMALASTRANA, General Manager at Ibis Praha Mala Strana, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your views on your recent stay with us at the Ibis Praha Mala Strana. I am sorry that the noise disturbing your stay, rest assured that the team and I will review your comments and we will do our best to improve on those points.
I hope this will not deter you from returning to Ibis Praha Mala Strana in the future to check on our progress.
regards

Reviewed September 23, 2012

The hotel is very close to shopping centre with excellent public transport and restaurants nearby. By contrast there is a lot of traffic, sirens sounds and trams tremble which starts at 05.00 am. The room includes the essential with no safe, no rubbish bin and just five clothes hungers. Housekeeping was essential too with used glasses left unwashed and empty soap dispenser left unchanged for one day. In spite upon arrival I asked whether the rate included breakfast and got a positive answer, it was fully charged instead, suggesting that the Hotel policy may not have been clear during my reservation or leaving discretion for extra charges. The room air conditioning was centrally switched off and it became uncomfortable during my second week of staying as the temperature dropped about 11 degree at night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sal I

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your views on your recent stay with us at the Ibis Praha Mala Strana. I am sorry that some of the hotel facilities and services were not up to your expectations, rest assured that the team and I will review your comments and we will do our best to improve on those points.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

In one of my business trips to Praha , I stayed in this hotel.
Very centrally located, and excellent value for money. The hotel staff is very curtious and the resturant has a wide variety of choice. A must try option if you are going to Praha. Another advantage is that it is quite close to the old city :)

Room Tip: Avoid taking rooms towards the road side. Its a little bit noisy due to the adjoining overbridge.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank atmaprakashmishra
IBISMALASTRANA, General Manager at Ibis Praha Mala Strana, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments,
I will surely share your positive feed back with the team, we strive to always try to provide the best possible service to our guests, and I am pleased that we managed to make your stay an enjoyable one.
We hope to welcome you back very soon at Ibis Praha Mala Strana.
Regards, Michal

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Recently spent two nights here with a coach party. Rooms clean and tidy, disappointed only two trowels though. Oh boy was it obvious it was a room at a price, the evening meal was so bad that on the 2nd night we eat out at the Italian restaurant opposite which puts this hotel to shame. You get what you pay for. Breakfast was not much better, watered down juices and coffee that wasb awful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your views on your recent stay with us at the Ibis Praha Mala Strana. I am sorry that our restaurant services were not up to your expectations, rest assured that the team and I will review your comments and we will do our best to improve on those points.