“Excellent value for money.”

Ibis Praha Mala Strana
Ranked #185 of 649 Hotels in Prague
New Delhi, India
“Excellent value for money.”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

In one of my business trips to Praha , I stayed in this hotel.
Very centrally located, and excellent value for money. The hotel staff is very curtious and the resturant has a wide variety of choice. A must try option if you are going to Praha. Another advantage is that it is quite close to the old city :)

Room Tip: Avoid taking rooms towards the road side. Its a little bit noisy due to the adjoining overbridge.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank atmaprakashmishra
IBISMALASTRANA, General Manager at Ibis Praha Mala Strana, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments,
I will surely share your positive feed back with the team, we strive to always try to provide the best possible service to our guests, and I am pleased that we managed to make your stay an enjoyable one.
We hope to welcome you back very soon at Ibis Praha Mala Strana.
Regards, Michal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Swanley
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Recently spent two nights here with a coach party. Rooms clean and tidy, disappointed only two trowels though. Oh boy was it obvious it was a room at a price, the evening meal was so bad that on the 2nd night we eat out at the Italian restaurant opposite which puts this hotel to shame. You get what you pay for. Breakfast was not much better, watered down juices and coffee that wasb awful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your views on your recent stay with us at the Ibis Praha Mala Strana. I am sorry that our restaurant services were not up to your expectations, rest assured that the team and I will review your comments and we will do our best to improve on those points.
I hope this will not deter you from returning to Ibis Praha Mala Strana in the future to check on our progress.
Regards,
UK
Reviewed August 29, 2012

As part of a recent trip to Prague, I stayed in this hotel for the second part of my trip having stayed in the Hilton Old Town for the first part of my trip. When booking a hotel, I do look for the best possible value, but as I get older, I have tried to steer clear of hotels described as 3* but which in reality are not much better than a hostel (and a bad hostel at that). Past experience of extremely poor quality bedding and room fittings (carpets, walls etc) have made me wary of trying to book something a little better but also still sticking to a VFM policy.
In terms of location, this hotel is 2 mins from the nearest tram stop and 4 mins to the nearest metro (incl the time to negotiate Prague's long escalators!). Both these forms of transport can get you to the New Town (Wenc Sq) or Old Town in less than 10 mins. Even if you ignore public transport, it is a pleasant 25 minute walk into either of these areas. The hotel is located about 100 yards from the Novy Smichov shopping Mall - with loads of shops including Tesco! They also have a varied selection of restaurants and fast food chains on the top floor. Many other reviews mention this too.
As for the hotel - it looks very new or recently refurbished - the bedroom was very spacious - the bed was reasonably comfortable - the TV was ok - and the toilet/shower facilities were good.
I did not have breakfast booked with my room (it was available for 11 euro extra - a little too pricey for me) - I did have one drink in the hotel bar - all very pleasant - prices were ok - but several local bars in this area are much cheaper. The hotel also provides internet facilities in the lobby free of charge - this was very useful for me.
Ok - so overall, I can't have too many complaints. I booked the room in Accor's Super Sale - supposedly 50% off - and I got it for £90 for 3 nights. My only slight negative is the lack of things that I would expect a 3* hotel to provide:

coffee facilities in the room
room safe (ok - maybe I'm pushing things here for a 3*)
fridge (same as above)
individual toiletries - the room provided a "squeezy" bottle both in the shower and hand basin - but no individual little toiletries.

However, when I was in the lift, I noticed that all of these items could be purchased at an additional cost - somewhere in the region of £3.50/day for fridge, £4 for coffee and £7 for toiletry set - ok no option on the room safe.

I guess my opinion had been skewed by my stay in the Hilton for the previous 3 nights and I was expecting too much of a 3* hotel.

However, despite this slight negative, please do no let this ruin my overall positive experience.

Just one last thing, the staff in this hotel are of an exceptional quality- they were all very well presented, they spoke English very well (and probably several other languages), they were extremely helpful with any queries I had - and they were very pleasant.

I would definitely book this hotel again for VFM - and the location is great if you can get over the "wrong side of the river" syndrome.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank mousehole799
IBISMALASTRANA, General Manager at Ibis Praha Mala Strana, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Good morning, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your review on our hotel, we are all pleased at the Ibis Praha Mala Strana, that you have enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and in Prague. We strive to always enhance the quality of service and guest satisfaction, I will pass on to the team your comments and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon. Regards, Michal Tomes
London
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed in Ibis after previously staying in Andel's and Angelo around the corner. I would say that the room and service is adequate to the price. I paid £114 for 3 nights (with b-fast and free internet) which I think is a great price for a nice clean room. It's not a 5* hotel so I didn't expect much but it was good enough for the price (quick check-in and check-out and I was offered an umbrella when it rained)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feed back on your recent stay with us at the Ibis Mala Strana hotel in Prague. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay and that we have managed to provide you with the level of service and comfort you were expecting.
I will be sharing your review with the team, as it is rewarding for us to read that you are satisfied.
Regards,
Lyon, France
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Well located hotel, with clean rooms and a good breakfast spread.
On the other hand, some of their front-desk staff could learn to smile more often, and be more courteous/helpful to guests. The parking space is bad and very expensive, and you get to know about it only when you have made your reservations and reached the hotel, by which time it is too late!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I thank you for your comments. Your remarks are important to us and will enable us to improve the quality of our offer and services in a matter to satisfy our guests' needs and expectations.I will surely share your feed back with the team and we hope to welcome you back very soon at Ibis Praha Mala Strana.
Best regards,
Paris, France
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed 6 nights at the Ibis Mala Strana, which is actually not located in Mala Strana but in Smichov. The hotel is located next to the Novy Smichov mall which is a great and modern shopping center mostly frequented by locals. You have a big Tesco supermarket there if you need to buy some groceries. The hotel is nice, modern and clean, the staff is nice and helpful, even the maids which seemed to be very busy as the hotel was full of guests every day. The pictures posted by the travellers on tripadvisor are very accurate, you can trust it and know what to expect. The A/C in the room was working perfectly, it was the first time in my life I didn't have to call a reception to tell them the A/C was not working. The breakfast was very nice, good choice of cereals, croissants, breads, sausages, hot chocolate...The bed was very comfy, however, the pillows were a bit small and too flat. Huge thumbs up for the free WIFI which was working perfectly, Halleluya. The hair dryer in my room wasn't working but it was not the end of the world. The only problem I had with this hotel is that it's not very secure. In all the hotels I visited lately you had to slide your room card in the elevator to access to the upper floors and even if I saw that this system was available in the Ibis elevator, it wasn't working. People could access the upper floors without a room card. Even if Prague is the safest city in the world, it shouldn't be like that. I was travelling alone and I know Prague very well so I wasn't scared but for a stranger it can be disturbing. Hope they will take that into consideration. Oh and a tea/coffee maker was missing in the room but could be rented for 129 CZK a day I think...Seriously...It would be nice to have that in the room for free. Think about it!I will come back to Prague next month and will be happy to stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank iloveamerica83
Good morning, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your review on our hotel, we are all pleased at the Ibis Praha Mala Strana, that you have enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and in Prague. We hope to see you soon back in our hotel.
With best regards,