“Good accomodation”

Ibis Praha Mala Strana
Ranked #192 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This hotel is about 15 minutes by tram from the old town and costs about 1 euro. Trams run frequently. A taxi is about 200 Czech Kronor - but only in a Yellow Metered Taxi. Beware of the other taxis because they charge a fortune. If you take the wrong type of taxi (e.g. silver or white - they may have a meter but the price will be three times as much - strange I know. - they really are rip off merchants.
Back to the hotel - quite adequate accommodation. Its clean and the staff try hard to be friendly despite cultural differences. Free internet. This hotel is close to a shopping center, a supermarket and local restaurants. In many ways it is pleasant to be close to locals rather than tourists like me. We have enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this Ibis as it was the cheapest option for the weekend in Prague considering the hostel we were staying in got expensive at the weekend. However, upon checking in they charged my card 5000Kc then told me it was a deposit and that I would pay on check out and receive the 5000Kc back. However, when I checked out they said they had unblocked the funds from my account but my credit card company has a policy that stops hotels from refunding the money without direct contact from the hotel and the hotel were less than helpful with this and I have to wait 30 days for my money to be refunded -.-

Pros:
+Close to a train station but still far from the centre.
+Decent number of English TV channels.
+Lots of shops (including a Tesco) and a cinema very close by.

Cons:
-Not the cleanest room we've ever stayed in as there was a couple of little black hairs in the shower.
-It's quite dated and could do with a modernisation.
-Requires a deposit upon entering.
-Staff not the most helpful people in the world.

Overall it was ok but I wouldn't return.

• Stayed: May 2012
IBISMALASTRANA, General Manager at Ibis Praha Mala Strana, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Dear guest, I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with Ibis Praha Mala Strana. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better. Thank you very much, Vladimir Sic, General Manager

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Even it's not a central one, it is pretty well located. People are nice and very helpful. Breakfast a little bit scarce but well for what we paid was ok. Rooms are very very clean, Price - quality is honest. One thing about the pool it was not the cleanest one but anyway I would return indeed.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Dear guest, We are delighted to note that we have met your expectations during your stay with us. At ibis Praha Mala Strana we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. Vladimir Sic, General Manager.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

We were on a 3-week tour of Central Europe with Adventures Abroad and stayed here 3 nights. The room was typical of an Ibis except this one was newer than others we've stayed in. Ibis is very cheap when it comes to towels and never gives hand towels and sometimes neglects to replace the dirty ones. The beds and pillows were fine, the choices at the breakfast buffet adequate. We had no problem finding room for our suitcases. Central Europe is filled with absolutely amazing buildings. The Ibis Hotel may be the ugliest one in Central Europe!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, I would like to thank you very much for your positive feedback you posted on Tripadvisor. I am really happy to read that you enjoyed your trip to Prague and stay in our hotel and I am looking forward to welcome you back. Vladimir Sic, General Manager

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Great area to stay in. Clean and tidy rooms. Great breakfasts as well.

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for providing your feedback to other travellers. I am very happy reading you enjoyed our hospitality during your stay. I will with pleasure share your feedback with my team. Looking forward to welcoming you soon back to the ibis Praha Mala Strana! My best regards from Prague Vladimir Sic, General Manager

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Check in was quick and easy. The room was very clean and neat. The hotel was quiet and the beds comfortable. I would stay here again for certain.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
We very much appreciates your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Praha Mala Strana. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. We are looking forward to welcoming you again. With best regards, Vladimir Sic, General Manager

Reviewed May 15, 2012

Prague is a great city and this place is an affordable option. Right next to public transportation the location is decent. It has the feel of a nicer version of a Holiday Inn. The breakfast was about average for a hotel. The staff spoke English and were friendly. Really enjoyed staying there.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
IBISMALASTRANA, General Manager at Ibis Praha Mala Strana, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Dear Guests, thank you for your compliments on our hotel Ibis Mala Strana in Prague. It was certainly pleasure for us to be at your service. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel. Vladimir Sic, General Manager.