“Good Location”

Ranked #220 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Budapest, Hungary
“Good Location”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed at this property one night while traveling. We selected this hotel due to it being away from the congested downtown area. Our reservation was ready when we arrived and check in was quick and efficient. We used the hotel car park located in the basement which was very convenient; adequate signage to direct us in. Internet was free and very fast, we had no problem at all with our two devices. Our room was comfortable and very quiet and we were able to get a great nights sleep after traveling several hours. Breakfast was ample with several choices; bacon and eggs, cold cuts, cereals, and assorted beverages. The hotel is located near several shops and a mall is about a 10 minute walk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The service is really bad, the staff is rude. I was going to stay there for 3 nights, but it was not worth it, so i left right away. I have been traveling around the world and I have stayed in many holiday's inn and being in the priority club, I must say this was the worst hotel I've been to.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Curlypin
Jana B, Manager at Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear reviewer,

thank you very much for your valuable review. We appreciate your effort, but cannot react to your negative comments properly if we have no awareness of the actual rudeness and unhelpfullness of our staff. We certainly try to keep a consistent quality of service provided, and would like to hear any constructive comments, but your comment seem to vague to be able to react properly and improve the bad.
Nevertheless, the staff will be soon retrained in the hospitality and welcome attitude. Thank you once more for your insight.

With regards,

Jana, resident manager, HI Prague Congress Centre
Amman - Jordan
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed for 8 nights end of June 2013, I choose it because it is next to the congress center. The rooms are nice, plenty of room for hanging clothes & putting the luggage. The desk make it easier to do work & type on the computer.I did not have any problems with the internet, because of the previous reviews & my laptop is three years old, I took a USB device that enhance receiving wireless internet signal, so no problems at all, if I depended on the laptop alone the signal is weak.( I hope this help others because I saw people working in the lobby which is not comfortable for working- I supposed it is because of the internet ). Clean rooms, I liked the Dove & Lux shampoo dispensers.The bathroom was shower only with various nozzles for massage.The breakfast is good, British ( eggs & bacon) & intercontinnetal, like butter & jam, youghart & fruits, cakes. The staff at the reception is very efficient & quick, I saw them dealing with LARGE groups efficiently & pleasantly. Also the staff at breakfast were quick to clean & make room for new comers, because at some days it was VERY busy. I ate twice in the resturant, it was dinning in style. Sleeping was good, but I had a double bed with 2 seperate mattresses which is not comfortable. I think the reviews did not give it justice, thank you Holiday Inn for the pleasant stay, & thank you staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Jana B, Manager at Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear sir,

thank you for your wonderful review! We are really glad you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and look forward to meeting you in Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre again.

With kind regards,

Jana, resident manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I recently spent 9 nights at this hotel whilst on business in Prague. The hotel itself was OK, however I have stayed in much better Holiday Inn's. For a start the internet access was poor and at its very best 'intermittent'. The reception/bar area, where I seemed to spend most of my time attemping to connect is far from welcoming and the service is not great. Breakfast is a bit of a free for all at busy times and the choice is not great (whatever you do....dont forget your 'token') and be prepared to spend the night beneath the worlds smallest duvet!!! On the plus side the hotel is well located and the reception staff were really helpful. As others have said the restaurant food is quite good though relatively expensive, as are the drinks. You might want to try the 'candelabra' situated beneath the ABB sign opposite, though not 'lavish' there's a better choice.....and the beer is better!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dave s
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Dave S,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced. I appreciate you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed one night here recently as a base to explore Prague. I found the location very nice with a an easy walk to the train station. From there it was a breeze to get into the main town.

The room was comfortable and the staff was very helpful. The breakfast was just OK and could have been better. The fruit choices were extremely limited.

All in all, it was a good hotel for my needs on this trip

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PepeTravels44
Centurion
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed here for about 2 weeks on a business trip. I was quite happy with the hotel as a whole. Friendly and competent staff, meals in the restaurant are quite nice, although on the expensive side - as it seems to be for any hotel restaurant in Prague (and many other places). Drinks are quite expensive, so you may want to go elsewhere for that. Vysehrad metro station is just around the corner of the congress center, and if you want to take a stroll, Vysehrad itself is close by (beautiful and well-kept cemetry, lovely church with very reasonable ticket prices & a couple of parks to relax in). I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 17, 2013

After making a mistake on my reservation, I was told by customer service that I could modify/upgrade my reservation without incurring a cancellation fee and THEY LIED. This hotel robbed me of $400 dollars. I was an honest human being/customer, and they could care less, its all about the money! Prague is full of scammers and they are the best at it! So much for a romantic trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank jpetry2
Jana B, Manager at Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear madam,

the management of the hotel regrets the situation, but the hotel acted in a right and correct way and entirely in accordance with the IHG booking policy. You booked your stay choosing a non-refundable cheaper rate, and the information you were given- as you claim - in the telephone call was entirely misleading . Noone from the hotel would have ever told you that it was possible to get the refund for this reservation, and the conditions of booking are always clearly given in the booking form. If you were given this information in the central reservation office, the hotel cannot assume responsibility for someone´s other mistake.
Also, your review could be opposed in the fact you have not stayed in our hotel, despite claiming you were.
Nevertheless, we offer you to keep the sum of 362,15 USD as the deposit for your future stay in our hotel within the year 2013. Please, feel free to contact our reservation department and make a new reservation for another term till 31.12.2013.
Thank you.