“Modern hotel for a weekend stay”

Vienna House Andel's Prague
Ranked #122 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Czech Republic
“Modern hotel for a weekend stay”
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Great modern design hotel near city centrw. The heart of Prague historical city can be reached in a few minutes using bus, tram etc. Metro station is around the corner. Room features in a modern style, clean and spacy. The room was with a big shower corner. We had a rich tasty breakfast there. We can recommend the hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Marek P, Manager at Vienna House Andel's Prague, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your nice feedback from your stay in Prague.
We are very pleased that you had a lovely time spent in our hotel and all our services met your expectations.Thank you also for your recommendations to other travelers.

It will be our big pleasure to welcome you back with us in the future.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Minnesota
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have to travel a lot because of my job. I am used to many different types of hotels all around the world. When i am traveling I expect a lot. Normaly I stay in hotels like Hilton or Langham Place. In Prague I chose Andel´s Hotel & Suites Pague.
My first impression was more than suprising. Hotel is located in the center of Prague. Thats good for business guest but it is also good for guests who are coming because of culture. The comunication with reception was quick. I got my room card and I could use my room immediately.I could also eat a breakfast (I acam at 8 in the morning).
Staff in this hotel was friendly and obliging. The food the hotel offer in breakfast buffet was fresh, tasteful and delicious. Not just the restaurant staff but I also met another staff who was willing to help me with all my concerns. My room was clean and very comfortable. My experiance with room service was excellent.
I don´t think there is anything I could reproach. My stay in Prague was more than satisfying.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same quality.If you don´t like elevators, you should choose rooms in first floor...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Marek P, Resident Manager at Vienna House Andel's Prague, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Aneta W,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your wonderful review about your recent stay at andel’s Hotel & Suites Prague and rating us with 5 stars.

It gives us a great pleasure to know that we were able to meet all your expectations and that you enjoyed our friendly staff, fresh and powerfull breakfast and clean, comfortable room.

Thank you once again for sharing your comment with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

With best regards,

Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The hotel is with nice and clean interior and looks like business hotel.
I was there for a training and they had separate Wi-Fi for guests and meeting rooms. The meeting room Wi-Fi was not working at all and the guests Wi-Fi was very unstable and slow. The nice thing about guests Wi-Fi was that you could register for the amount of days that you stay at the hotel and didn’t need to sign up every day. I used my three device at the same time.
The breakfast and lunch buffet had a lot of options. The food signs didn’t mention vegetarian nor vegan options and I had to ask, but they were kind enough to find it out for me. Usually it contained dairy, but I could always have something and got full.
The breakfast pineapples and mangos that were cut open were not fresh at all. They tested already fermented and I got bit of a food poison. I’ll not go into details, but I needed to visit the toilet very often after the breakfast.
The staff was helpful, but unable to fix the problems with Wi-Fi. There were a lot people helping at the buffet and at reception.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Raimond S
Marek P, Manager at Vienna House Andel's Prague, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear guest,
thank you very much for choosing our hotel and for sharing with us your valuable comment.
We feel extremely sorry that the canned fruit did not seem to be fresh and you did not feel well. We provide on our breakfast buffet many types of fresh fruit as well as the canned fruit depending on the season. Your feedback will be for sure taken for further investigations to make sure we deliver only the best services. It is also our pleasure to hear that you enjoyed our food variety and that there was always something for you to choose from. We are now also working on the internet issue so our guests can happily use it during their stay.
Thank you also for your nice words about the interior of the hotel and about our employees.

Thank you very much again and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back in Prague.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed January 26, 2014

About me:
1. I stayed in this hotel for 21 NIGHTS on a business trip. I stayed in standard room, not club rooms.
2. I am a 'vegetarian'
3. It was my first trip outside India, and hence I compared everything to a 4 star Indian hotel.

First let me list the downsides, as they are not that many:

About Andel rooms:
Andel 'ROOMS' did not make a first good impression because of 3 reasons:
1. Rooms were smaller and simpler than what I expected
2. No tea/coffee facility, no dental kit, super expensive mineral water.
3. Rooms are not value for money.

Now, THE GOOD SIDE OF HOTEL :)
Hotel service:
Andel staff's service made an ever-lasting impression on me because of the SPECIAL TREATMENT given to me, perhaps due to my long stay:
1. Receptionist, on check-in, gave me a city map on her own initiative and explained where I was and where are the important buildings around.
2. On my request, I was provided kettle and microwave, FREE OF CHARGE. This was vital for me as, being a vegetarian, I had brought ready to eat food packets and cup noodles. So having these amenities solved my food problem for most of the stay.
3. I asked them to arrange fruits and plain cooked rice for me every night. They obliged more than my expectations. Every day they brought assortment of different fruits and decent serving of rice, sometimes decorated with mint leaves and other stuff. THE IMPORTANT THING IS they charged very less for the two items( as compared to in-room dining prices) and absolutely NO room service charge, contrary to what was mentioned in menu.
4. They provided bathroom slippers on request, even though they let me know that they were making an 'exception' and that usually its only meant for 'club rooms' ;)
5. Receptionist patiently explained me about the two famous 'vegetarian restaurants' in central prague, opened their website in front of me and booked a table for me.
6. On another occasion, a different receptionist provided travel tickets at no extra charge than ticket price. He explained to me what tram number I should take and get down where.

For vegetarians:
1. Apart from what i've already mentioned, the hostess in the hotel's own restaurant is very nice. She told me she would serve any of the delicacies in the menu without meat if i want.
2. Btw, they do have vegetarian dishes in menu- risotto and spaghetti in some veg gravy. They weren't bad really, although I mostly survived on my ready-to-eat packets as i had so many!.

About Hotel's location:
1. A mall called Novy Smichov is few meters away. It has supermarket, my favourite 'Cafe Coffee Day' and all the typical shops. Also cinema on top floor.
2. Andel tram station is just opposite this mall
3. Andel subway station is in other direction, but again 7-8 min walk.
4. Taxis (Audi) are avaliable in front of the hotel. They don't charge random prices unlike the notorious Czech taxis, but expensive nonetheless.

Overall, I had a amazing stay in Prague and if opportunity comes, I shall reside in this hotel again. (PS: I have never written such a huge review before)

Room Tip: I stayed in standard room. Not sure how good is a 'club room' compared to it. Sry. Mine wa...
1 Thank phalanx7
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your time to write us such a huge and detailed review.
We feel very happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us and our team members were always nice and friendly to you.
We feel sorry to hear that your first impression about the rooms was not as good as you expected. Our superior rooms offer the basic services but we also offer larger and higher category types of the bedrooms which are also suitable for long as well as short stays. It is our aim to deliver the best possible services and it was our pleasure to help you with all requests and make your stay more comfortable.

Thank you very much again for your lovely comment and we will be delighted to welcome you back in Prague in the future!

Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed here at the beginning of December. 1st room very small and no tea/coffee making facilities in room. We paid extra and upgraded to executive room but found that it really was not worth the extra money for a slightly bigger room and a kettle. Breakfast adequate but eggs etc not hot enoug for our tastes.
Bug bear was window in bathroom so again as many people have said, if u need the toilet during the night, the light is very bright and disturbs your sleeping partner.
Bar prices quite expensive, but there is a good bar accross the road on the corner.
Easy transport links into the main square, very cheap too. Reception staff very informative and you can buy your tram tickets there.
Shopping mall at end of street very convenient and has a huge Tesco on ground floor.
TIP: It is cheaper to buy alcohol at airport than it is in Prague

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Marek P, Manager at Vienna House Andel's Prague, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear guest,

thank you very much for sending us your valuable feedback from your recent stay.
We feel very sorry that the room size and the hotel design did not meet your expectations. The size of our regular rooms is 25 sqm but our hotel offers many types of Suites which are perfect for the guests who prefer more space. We will be very happy to provide you such a room during your next visit.
Your feedback regarding the quality of our buffet breakfast and other F&B services has been passed to respective department heads and will be used for further training.
Thank you also for your nice feedback about our reception staff and other tips you are providing to all other travelers.

It will be our pleasure to welcome back in Prague in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The hotel is nice enough. Room as spacious and the location is convenient. It is close to a shopping center and several tram stops. The staff at reception were nice. There is not much choice of food in the hotel and it seems to be tailored to travellers from the East. All in all an ok experience, but was expecting more.

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your valuable comment you decided to share with other travelers.
We are very pleased to hear that you liked the hotel and its location.
We feel sorry not to meet your expectations regarding the F&B services. Our a la carte Brasserie Oscar’s is opened from early morning until 1. a.m. and the room-service is available throughout the whole day and the buffet breakfast has a wide selection of hot and cold dishes which are changing on the regular basis. We do appreciate constructive feedback and we will make sure it will be used to improve our services.

Thank you very much again and It will be our pleasure to welcome you with us in the future.

Cheshire
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I think this is my 6th visit to Andel's and every time seems to better than the last, the location is perfect with close transport links via tram & metro into Prague City center (both are 1-2 minutes walk from the hotel),

Useful Tip

I would usually jump in a taxi when traveling to the hotel but the wife suggested that we take a bus from the airport which cost about 32Kc compared to 550Kc for a taxi also depending were you get off there is a short metro trip to Andels 1 or 2 stops.

About Andel's

* The Front of house are friendly & very helpful
* Bar staff are helpful & attentive, bar prices are reasonable.
* Rooms are clean & large (LCD TV & DVD) dvd's also available from reception.
* Wide choice at breakfast something for everyone.

There is also a very large shopping center just across the main road if you love to shop.

Last but not least I would like to thank Jaroslav Vávra (Night Manager) and Martin (Breakfast room maitre d') for another exceptional visit you went above and beyond to make our stay so special i can't thank you enough.

Anyone feeling undecided about staying here, this should be your first choice hotel in Prague.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MMartin247
Marek P, Manager at Vienna House Andel's Prague, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Martin,

thank you very much for sending us your amazing review from your recent stay.
We would like to express our big thank you for your loyalty and we feel extremely happy that you always feel like home with us.
Your comment will be for sure shared with the entire andel’s team as it is our reward to see our clients enjoying their stay in our hotel.

Thank you also for your recommendations to other travelers and we are looking forward to welcome you back with us soon!