“Good value, excellent hotel”

andel’s by Vienna House Prague
Ranked #118 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Sydney, Australia
“Good value, excellent hotel”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Spent 4 nights in Prague on a conference trip. This was a nice, clean, quiet and modern hotel well situated near the Andel metro station. Also a lovely walk along the river to the Old Town took about 20 minutes. The hotel service was excellent and the buffet breakfast included in the price was fabulous. The room we had was modern and fresh with excellent adjoining bathroom and shower facilities. Overall very comfortable and well-priced hotel. The only negative was the expensive ethernet network connection provided in the room. Although there was free wireless internet access in the lobby, this was rather inconvenient, particularly at 2:00 am in the morning when wide awake with jetlag. The management would do well by removing the charge for the internet access in the rooms.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Iain C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Hatfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We booked a six night stay at Andel back in January based on th reviews we read.
We are so glad we went there. Our rooms (Club Rooms floor 5) were very comfortable, clean and well appointed with a full bath and separate shower within the bathroom. A coffee machine on the floor landing (with Espresso, Cappucino, Latte or hot tea - with 10 choices of tea type !) was appreciated although we also had full tea/coffee making in the room as well as a bar and fridge.
We had a DVD player and one can cheaply rent a film to watch from reception. Breakfast is very good indeed with hot and cold choices to suit almost anyone and there is ample seating. We didn't need lots of internet access (hey we're on holiday !) but free access was available at two machines by reception. All the staff were really helpful. We didn't eat in the brasserie ( ) as we thought the menu choices and prices weren't great but in the immediate area there are lots of restaurants where we found it easy to make a different choice each night to give us variety. The Andel location is directly on the metro Line B and has a wide choice of Trams travelling into most areas of town.
We liked the security in the hotel - it is only possible to travel in the elevators by using a room key card.

Room Tip: We were in the Club rooms on floor 5. These are very well equipped. There are three spacious lifts
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
ky
Reviewed September 19, 2011

This hotel looked like a bargain, but after we got the bill with the internet fees, the parking fees, and the fee for calling the front desk (!), it wasn't so great.

The rooms were nice - especially the bathrooms, but the phone beeped every 10 minutes and the front desk would not fix it. Same with our nonworking internet. The breakfast was large, but most of the fruit was well past it's prime.

I also don't recommend exchanging money here. The rate was extremely poor, even compared to the rates in the tourist sections of the old square.

Overall it was somewhat disappointing.

1 Thank mjclimb
Ilonaandels, Executive Assistant at andel’s by Vienna House Prague, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Dear guest,

thank you for your feedback which is highly appreciated. However, we dearly regret that you encountered problems with our staff members. Our employees always aim to offer the best possible service for our guests. We apologize for any inconveniences which occurred during your stay. Please be assured that our highest goal is to always satisfy our guests.

You mentioned that you had to pay a fee for calling the front desk. Please let us point out that we certainly do not charge for this service offer.

Dear guest, it would be pleasure to welcome you back in order to completely re-establish your opinion about our house.

With best regards from Prague

Roman Straub
General Manager andel´s Hotel Prague
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 18, 2011

the room was very clean and spacious.the location was very convenient-1 minute walk to the metro .the staff was terrific.the employees could not do enough for us and were always kind and courteous.we stayed 3 nights and again everything was great.

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed September 16, 2011

The basic rooms were not as good as would expect of the reviews. No free internet was included in the price but excellent breakfast was. The latter was really nice.

Location is good when coming from airport (just few steps from Andel metro).

Downstairs bar is rather cosy with friendly staff but pricy.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Andel's Hotel is a nice design hotel. The hotel room was OK although the bathroom was a bit crampy. The location of the hotel is also good. However, I did not experience the best when it comes to service. First of all I did not receive a confirmation of my booking so I needed to contact the hotel for that. Secondly, I had pre booked, via the hotel's internet site, a taxi to take me from the airport to the hotel. The taxi wasn't there. When I phoned the receptionist told me he would check it out and get back to me in a couple of minutes. After ten minutes I needed to call again. Somebody was on top of it. I told the guy I would line up for a regular taxi and if I could take a regular taxi before I got a phone call back I would do that. Never received any phone call so took a regular taxi. At the hotel the first excuse was that they never received the pre booking. Fortunately I had the confirmation I needed to ask for myself in the first place and it also had the taxi on it. Then I was told next time I should check whether the order for the taxi had actually been received (which obviously I'm not planning to) as this goes wrong more regularly. Next interesting remark was that receptionist's colleague happens to make mistakes. As a compensation I did receive a voucher that included a couple of things but basically the only thing of use was a free drink at the bar. Rather poor if you make a mistake like this because all in all it took me at least half an hour extra for the taxi. Next interesting thing was I asked for some toothpaste as I had ran out of this. The person at the hotel shop told me they didn't have that neither in the shop nor at the reception. I asked why not. The answer was Tesco was just 5 minutes away so this is the reason...?! I think although in essence a nice hotel I will try another one next time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DeKokkies
Dear guest,

thank you for your honest comment about your stay in our house.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the complications with the taxi transfer. Your complaint has been forwarded to the according receptions in order to avoid future problems. Please be assured that all our employees work hard to satisfy our guests. We dearly regret that you had to encounter difficulties.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in our house in order to completely re-establish our image.

Sincerely Yours

Roman Straub
General Manager andel´s Hotel Prague
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2011

A modern, well functioning hotel with very good facilities and helpful staff, very close the centre of Prague (about 8 minutes by tram to the Charles Bridge). The area around the hotel has been redeveloped with lots of bars, restaurants, shops etc, so it is a very convenient, easy place to stay.
We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite at the hotel which was of a very good size, excellent very large bed, fantastic bathroom suite (power shower, hair dryer, good size bath, large shower), kitchen with hob, fridge, dishwasher & a large lounge with 4-seat dining table, tv & comfortable sofas.
The hotel facilities are good, with decent business facilities, a very nice bar and brasserie and a separate breakfast area offering a delightful range of options, all of good quality.
I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a modern, well-run, friendly hotel with excellent links to the airport, Prague centre, local (convenient) amenities, clean rooms with all the mod-cons & friendly, helpful staff.

Room Tip: Second floor is a smoking floor, so if you don't want a smoking room, that's the floor to av...
1 Thank K P