“cheap, clean and large rooms”
Review of Hotel Victor

Hotel Victor
Ranked #377 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed July 17, 2014

As a student I was looking for a cheap local hotel in Prague. This was the cheapest hotel with the best reviews. The hotel is near all the important train and bus stations. A big plus for a round trip as I did. Most buses arrive at floranc bus station and the trains at Prague central station both nearby. the rooms were clean and very quiet. the floor was a bit sticky and the bathroom towers were refreshed after 3 nights. Don't expect a English breakfast. Breakfast is Czech that means that there is cake sausage sometimes eggs or potatoes bread cheese meat and jam. I would recommend this hotel to everyone on a budget.

Room Tip: make sure your on the higher floors
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Malissa G

Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

A clean hotel with big rooms, nice beer the problem was the location, it was 20 minutes from the old town, having to walk through dark roads that seem not quite safe.
Good breakfast, maybe short timetable to eat 7-9:30 and short variety. Wi-Fi is mainly in the bar and reception area very poor signal at the rooms.

1  Thank Symon S
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was booked into this hotel for two nights as part of a business trip and found it adequate for my needs.

I had a twin room on the 4th floor, which was much larger than expected with a small fridge/minibar and a well-sized bathroom with a bath. The furnishings were a little chipped but everything seemed clean and there was double glazing and a small radiator in the room, which I imagine would be great in the winter time. However, the double glazing only worked at keeping night time street noise down and I was kept awake by a baby crying inside the hotel, despite wearing earplugs. I realise this isn't the hotel's fault but perhaps some further soundproofing might be an option?

The location is outside the main shopping area - it took about 20-25 minutes to walk to the old town - so it was little quieter than staying in the centre. I noticed a bus and a tram stop a short walk away but I didn't use these as my business location was within walking distance. I stayed at Hotel Victor at the end of August and it was very, very hot - the room has no air conditioning or fan so it got quite stuffy in there although there were two windows and a sky light in the bathroom. The mattress and pillows weren't the most comfortable but for a budget stay, it was to be expected. The staff on the front desk spoke Russian and Czech with a little bit of English but communicating was challenging at times - a Czech colleague arranged my booking otherwise this might have been a bit difficult. Additionally, all the maps and tourist info were in Russian with no English (or Czech!) versions available so I would recommend going prepared.

As for breakfast, I have special dietry requirements and found I couldn't eat anything - all that was on offer was a very basic buffet of (an unknown) soup, porridge, cold meat and cheese slices with a few hard bread rolls. The woman on duty couldn't, or wouldn't, speak any English so I relied on food I had brought with me. It's a shame there weren't more options, like fresh fruit, available. However, for those without dietry requirements, I would imagine it would be fine. There were also a few nearby cafes and grocery stores for extra provisions.

As I was only there for two nights, I decided not to have my room cleaned or my linen changed so I can't comment on that service and I didn't eat in the restaurant either. I did use the free Wi-Fi, which is only available in the common areas (eg the foyer area next to the lifts) and was a little sluggish.

In summary, if you're looking for something basic, on a budget that's in a quieter part of Prague, this is a good choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 77amber
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff, nice big rooms, good beds... The hotel is a real hit for such low prices. The bad sides are: 15min (walking) away from the city and the overall look of the hotel and rooms (it looks cheesy but that's ok)

Generally speaking we enjoyed our stay very much (I had to dig to find negative points to this hotel)

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank remiother
Reviewed June 23, 2013

It's located in a very nice house, and the room is ok. Bathroom could be better but overall is nice. To go downtown just take the bus across the street form the hotel. The bar is ok, and they have their own beer.

Room Tip: If you need internet ask for a room in the fist flor. We stayed in number 11 and it had good wifi co...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Annie B
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Good hotel, nothing special, we stayed just one night. They have their own brewery (very good beer) and a restaurant serving Czech food. The location is Prague-3, 15-20 minutes walk from the Old Town and very close to the central railway station (tram #9 takes about 7 min). We stayed there during Easter weekend and payed around 62 EUR but I checked other dates and turns out you can get a double room for the half of that price. All in all, good value for money but don't expect anything extraordinary.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Yulia_Luky
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This review is not about the hotel, as we were staying at another a bit further up the street. But we passed by and I saw that the restaurant was serving unfiltered dark beer from a little brewery outside Prague. We decided to give it a try, and besides a really good glass of beer we found it was a nice restaurant with a lot of atmosphere. I was especially impressed by the big copper brewery kettles at the far end of the room.

Well, we decided to return later that day for dinner (and another welltasting beer of course). And their czech menu is really recommendable, especially the gullasch soup which was served in a hollow bread, and the pork knee. Oh, and the pork tail with garlic not to be forgotten.

We ended up having our dinner there for several days.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family