“Not so great”
Review of Botel Albatros

Botel Albatros
Ranked #314 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Well, it is located on the fringe of the city centre so there's some ease of access (although still a 15min walk to Old Town square). However, we were let down by poor customer service at the front desk, small dingy rooms and low quality food at the breakfast buffet. The hotel also forgotten about our online booking, but fortunately a room was available when we arrived.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river has more privacy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Botel Albatros

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Have just come back from a three night break and stayed an the boat which is only a ten minute walk to the old town so it is a superb location. The boat it's self was clean the rooms very cozy but basic but at the end of the day you only sleep there. The staff were not very friendly but found that with most of the people in Prague , we did not use any public transport at all as you could walk to every attraction, I would recommend for sure. Had a fantastic time .

Room Tip: Ask for river view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We booked this botel through Easyjet for the crazy price of 72 pound for 6 days, a complete bargin. We arrived at about 6.30-7pm and were greeted with a big smile off the receptionist, who asked us to take a seat while she sorted out our room and baggage. After 10 minutes we were shown to our room with our baggage following us. Well what a surprise, we had only booked a double room but were given a double room with a twin room ajoined, loads of space. The rooms were clean and tidy with plenty of storage space to put clothes and luggage. The bed was large and comfortable with nice fresh sheets. The view from the bedroom window was of the river and looking over to the hills. The only grumble about the room was of the bathroom which was a bit on the small side but everything worked and was clean and tidy. Breakfast was all cold meats,cheeses, cereals,yoghurts,fruit,bread with butter,danish pastries,cake and not forgetting tea and coffee. No hot breakfast and no variation on the cold meats cheeses etc, so you only had the same choice of breakfast every day which after 6 days got a bit boring, but it was all fresh each morning. The bar only opened at 7pm and shut at 12pm and was reasonably priced, if you wanted a drink before this you could get wine or beer from a coin-op machine near reception, this was actually cheaper than the bar so was worth going to. All in all a good place to base yourself, not far from the old Jewish graveyard and old town Prague. Would I go back to this botel? yes, 1, comfy, 2, clean and tidy, 3,good view from bedroom, 4, helpful staff, 5, a good handy base for everywhere, and 6 I had a super birthday in old town Prague which I can still remember.lol. P.S this trip was taken in March 2008 so the price will have gone up since we went,but very few grumbles about the Botel Albatross.

Room Tip: Ask for river view rooms, the room we had was near to the back of the boat.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank edthechef
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This hotel is well located, close to the downtown so you can walk and go to almost every interesting place in Prague (the castle is a little bit far but me and my girlfriend walked to there).
If you wanna go to this hotel you have to take the metro and get off on Náměstí Republiky, get out from the subway through the exit in front of Palladium shopping center and walk towards the river; once you are in the river you will notice the hotel immediately.

It's something different because is a botel. Since this botel is on the river, please be aware that you can listen the water at night if its raining; for me it was ok, I enjoy the sound of the rain falling down.

Also the price was a good thing, because most of the hotels on that area cost more than what I paid for my stay.

I didn't like the staff. Specially one lady who was kind of rude when I asked to change my room from twin to single bed; I know that it was my mistake but she was rude when I asked her to change the room even that there were rooms available and it didn't take more than 30 seconds to change the information in her list. On the other hand, the Mr. who was in charge in the afternoon was really kind and it seems that he enjoys his work; the other lady who was in charge the last day I stayed there was just OK.

The restaurant in the morning was really crowded (its kind of small), you have to share the table if you want to take a seat; it was ok for me and my girlfriend but I noticed that some people felt awkward sharing the table. The quality of the food was was little bit less than average.

There were many guests in the hotel so I don't understand why the restaurant is so small and why the food was so bad. Its a shame that its a very cute and well located hotel but the food and some staff members didn't fullfil my expectations.

Room Tip: Its very well located and its a different experience but when it comes to food stay away from the bo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mauricio F
Reviewed September 20, 2012

A friend and I saw this and thought ,"oh cool, a boat" and booked without a seconds thought. When we arrived we found a boat.... with a hotel on it. The rooms were small (what did we expect, we were on a boat) and the shower was a nightmare. It was so small in there that I hit the temperature gage and scalded the ar5e off myself. Cheep and good location save this one. Unless it floats away that is.

Room Tip: ask for river side view. You dont want to be facing the pier.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank colliewobbs
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My partner and I stopped here twice. Let me start by saying it's not luxury so if thats what you want then stop reading and look else where.

What the Botel Albatros offers is a quirky hotel, sorry botel, its a combo of a hotel and boat hence the name botel, hoat doesn't have the same ring to it, stay in a decent location with unobtrusive staff.

The rooms are basic, but warm during winter, bed, wardrobe and a window, there is a 1970's style telephone in the room but i'm not sure if it worked but it did add a retro feel to the room this wasn't the intention i think it was just a telephone.

The hotel staff were canny people just quiet and the bar staff although may not have been chatty still poured you a drink and let you get on with it.

The Botel is obv (as explained above) on the river and each room, or is that cabin, has a window so you are getting your scenic view.

Breakfast again basic but puts a lining on your stomach after a night on the czech beer.

i mean we went back twice so we must have enjoyed it. nice place try it if you want a cheap n cheerful place to rest this is your place, avoid if you want luxury.

As we stayed twice I couldn't really give it anything less than 4 stars "yeah we stayed a botel albatross it was poor...yeah we're going back next year" would not make sense really.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The main reason to choose this place was its romantic location on the Vltava river. It is also close to the Old Town and Charles Bridge and also for the very good price/quality ratio.
Pros: You get what you expect. It is clean, it has a wonderful terrace, nice breakfast, parking. Good transport connections (close to Namesty Republiky Metro B station, trams 8 and 51 at the Dlouha trjida stop). It has a romantic view, especially if you get a room facing the river side. The staff was friendly enough but they need to work more on smiling and giving better information (too many I don't know's).
Cons: the breakfast needs a lot of improvement, eggs missing, too small glasses. The rooms need refurbishing. The double bed rooms are actually twin beds next to each other, but at least put only one cover for both people. The bathrooms are small and need better showers. Do not fall in the trap of requesting airport transfer, it costs 27 euros and is not worth it! Tram 8 is only 32 crowns and tram 51 brings you to the hotel at night from Divoka Sarka terminal where the bus from the airport drops you from the airport. Not good for families with children.

Overall, the place is great. It made our holidays very nice! We recommend you to go there!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple