“Missing Reservation”

Ranked #309 of 651 Hotels in Prague
Hohenfels, Bayern, Germany
“Missing Reservation”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

A friend stayed here last year and recommended it for a low budget trip. I made the reservation directly from the botel/hotels website. Within a day I received an e-mail stating it was a preliminary reservation and I would later be contacted to confirm. A week went by with no response. I then emailed them asking for an update (responding to their original e-mail w/ the confirmation number and contact info included) and a staff member said they couldn't find anything asking for my dates, room reservation and room type. A day later, still no response I called and the woman at recpetion culdn't access the reservation room because she was' just a receptionist' and told me to wait for a response by e-mail but could not tell me when someone would be in the office. Seeing as my reservation was booked 2.5 weeks ago and my trip is next weekend, I am highly aggitated and will be finding somewhere else for our group to stay!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
essex
Reviewed July 9, 2012

After reading many reviews, I was not too hopeful about this hotel. Bearing in mind it was a budget option, we certainly didn't go there expecting everything to be top class, but we thought that it was very good for its category. The rooms were adequate with a first class view, it had a central position, no problem walking to any of the main attractions and we found the staff friendly and efficient. On our second day when it was over 40c we went back to the bar for a drink and a snack and couldn't have had a nicer time, chilling on the sofas whilst looking out over the water.All in all, value for money in a beautiful city

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank goonerburne
London
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Very basic hotel and cheap, an ideal location within easy reach of the city centre and all sight seeing / tourist attractions , we were out all day exploring the city and only returned to the hotel to shower and get changed and then went out again. I recommend this hotel as a cheap option for a weekend get away, If I go back to Prague I will stay there again. I also recommend to stay away from the main square and eat / drink in the local Czech bars / restaurants, my self and my wife each had a three course meal with drinks for approx £20, the Goulash & dumplings were excellant and very large portions

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank adamant1965
Paris, France
Reviewed July 4, 2012

If you travel on a budget, or like me, think it´s more fun to spend the money on the city you visit rather then on the place to sleep Botel Albatros will siut you. It´s basic and nothing more but do you need more?
Small rooms, shower, toilet is all there. Breakfast is simple but works and in the bar area you find wi-fi and of course beer (you are in Czeck republic).
But i would not go here with small children. A lot of stairs and remember it´s a boat.

For me it´s ok to stay in a place like this but do you need anything more then the basic service this wont be your thing. Located close to everything you need to see in Prague during a weekend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This was my first time in Prague and I wanted somewhere quite central. You couldn't get much more central than the Botel Albatros.

You do get what you pay for. The rooms are very small and the beds seem to only have mattress protectors and not mattresses but we spent all our time out in the town exploring so when it was time to sleep we didn't mind the hard beds.
Some people might say the hotel needs updating but I think it had a lovely rustic feel. The breakfast was very basic but still tasted great. I found all the staff to be very helpful, and they always had a smile on their faces.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone, if I went back to Prague I would make sure to book into this hotel again!

One thing I would say though, if you have a river facing room, the seagulls get very load at night!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Judith H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I arrived at the Hotel only to find out I had booked the wrong date on a website. The lady at the desk was unhelpful and told me I could get a room at full price (80euros per night). It then went down to 70 euros.
The offer I booked was half that amount and the lady said that June is high season.
I found out earlier that the offer I booked was available for June,too.
When I found out it was a twin and not double I was told that was the only chance we had and they would not change it. Attitude was totally wrong. We felt like we had no chance to ask questions or any help unless we wanted bad attitude as an answer.Would not recommend.Would not go again.
Room was kinda clean, but we found the same dead fly on the bedside table we saw just before leaving the room in the morning...and perennial scuffs and dust all over.
We asked about heating and we were told that heating was not available. (I must say it was 33'C in the morning outside, but on the first night, it was 16'C inside).

Room Tip: At least ask for a room with a view to the river. Double check websites for OFFERS.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PeppeBe

Travelers are raving about these Prague hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I booked the Botel Albatros as it was reasonably priced and in a great location. I had read previous reviews that criticised the service offered by it's staff, but as it was superbly located I overlooked this fact and looked forward to my stay.
The boat itself was clean and well kept, the staff, for the most part were reasonably friendly, but they did not go out of their way to help with questions and advice. They rarely smiled, but I soon found this to be a common Czech trait so was not fazed by their seemingly lack of sincerity.
The room was adequate and the shower was superb- super warm water at any time of the day was a real treat! The advertised TV and satellite was a bit of a let down as it only showed Czech programmes. Not much good for a non- Czech speaker- so if TV is important, then this would have been a problem. My biggest gripe about the room was the state of the bed however, the mattresses were next to non- existent, therefore sleeping conditions were difficult at times because of how uncomfortable they were. Aside of that, the rooms were clean and the maid service was prompt and very good.
Location wise, the Albatross is about a 15-20 minute walk along the Vtlava River to the Charles Bridge- not 5 minutes as their flyer indicated. It took about 10-15 minutes to walk into the Old Town, home to the Astronomical Tower, a good 30+ minutes to Prague Castle and roughly 20-25 minutes to Wenceslas Square.
Overall I was pleased with the Albatros, breakfast was adequate, but the earlier you ate the better the likely hood of getting a seat- after 9am, it was virtually impossible! It was within a good walking distance from the sights and had adequate room sizes. I would recommend this hotel to younger people looking for a location close to the city centre that is reasonable, but basic. Older travellers with back issues may find the Albatross inadequate due to the poor mattress densities.

• Stayed June 2012