Botel Albatros
$830
$483
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooms are smallriver viewold townclean towelsdouble bedcontinental breakfasta lovely staybudget hotelcharles bridgecold meatsmain attractionscity breakyogurtnice breakfastfour nightslocation was perfectprague castle
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Very basic hotel and cheap, an ideal location within easy reach of the city centre and all sight seeing / tourist attractions , we were out all day exploring the city and only returned to the hotel to shower and get changed and then went out again. I recommend this hotel as a cheap option for a weekend get away, If I go back to Prague I will stay there again. I also recommend to stay away from the main square and eat / drink in the local Czech bars / restaurants, my self and my wife each had a three course meal with drinks for approx £20, the Goulash & dumplings were excellant and very large portions

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank adamant1965
Reviewed July 4, 2012

If you travel on a budget, or like me, think it´s more fun to spend the money on the city you visit rather then on the place to sleep Botel Albatros will siut you. It´s basic and nothing more but do you need more?
Small rooms, shower, toilet is all there. Breakfast is simple but works and in the bar area you find wi-fi and of course beer (you are in Czeck republic).
But i would not go here with small children. A lot of stairs and remember it´s a boat.

For me it´s ok to stay in a place like this but do you need anything more then the basic service this wont be your thing. Located close to everything you need to see in Prague during a weekend.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This was my first time in Prague and I wanted somewhere quite central. You couldn't get much more central than the Botel Albatros.

You do get what you pay for. The rooms are very small and the beds seem to only have mattress protectors and not mattresses but we spent all our time out in the town exploring so when it was time to sleep we didn't mind the hard beds.
Some people might say the hotel needs updating but I think it had a lovely rustic feel. The breakfast was very basic but still tasted great. I found all the staff to be very helpful, and they always had a smile on their faces.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone, if I went back to Prague I would make sure to book into this hotel again!

One thing I would say though, if you have a river facing room, the seagulls get very load at night!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Judith H
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I arrived at the Hotel only to find out I had booked the wrong date on a website. The lady at the desk was unhelpful and told me I could get a room at full price (80euros per night). It then went down to 70 euros.
The offer I booked was half that amount and the lady said that June is high season.
I found out earlier that the offer I booked was available for June,too.
When I found out it was a twin and not double I was told that was the only chance we had and they would not change it. Attitude was totally wrong. We felt like we had no chance to ask questions or any help unless we wanted bad attitude as an answer.Would not recommend.Would not go again.
Room was kinda clean, but we found the same dead fly on the bedside table we saw just before leaving the room in the morning...and perennial scuffs and dust all over.
We asked about heating and we were told that heating was not available. (I must say it was 33'C in the morning outside, but on the first night, it was 16'C inside).

Room Tip: At least ask for a room with a view to the river. Double check websites for OFFERS.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PeppeBe
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I booked the Botel Albatros as it was reasonably priced and in a great location. I had read previous reviews that criticised the service offered by it's staff, but as it was superbly located I overlooked this fact and looked forward to my stay.
The boat itself was clean and well kept, the staff, for the most part were reasonably friendly, but they did not go out of their way to help with questions and advice. They rarely smiled, but I soon found this to be a common Czech trait so was not fazed by their seemingly lack of sincerity.
The room was adequate and the shower was superb- super warm water at any time of the day was a real treat! The advertised TV and satellite was a bit of a let down as it only showed Czech programmes. Not much good for a non- Czech speaker- so if TV is important, then this would have been a problem. My biggest gripe about the room was the state of the bed however, the mattresses were next to non- existent, therefore sleeping conditions were difficult at times because of how uncomfortable they were. Aside of that, the rooms were clean and the maid service was prompt and very good.
Location wise, the Albatross is about a 15-20 minute walk along the Vtlava River to the Charles Bridge- not 5 minutes as their flyer indicated. It took about 10-15 minutes to walk into the Old Town, home to the Astronomical Tower, a good 30+ minutes to Prague Castle and roughly 20-25 minutes to Wenceslas Square.
Overall I was pleased with the Albatros, breakfast was adequate, but the earlier you ate the better the likely hood of getting a seat- after 9am, it was virtually impossible! It was within a good walking distance from the sights and had adequate room sizes. I would recommend this hotel to younger people looking for a location close to the city centre that is reasonable, but basic. Older travellers with back issues may find the Albatross inadequate due to the poor mattress densities.

• Stayed: June 2012