“An excellent experience”

Ranked #149 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“An excellent experience”
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Moevenpick is my favourite hotel in Prague. I have been staying here from its very start a couple of times per year. Very friendely personnel at reception and in the resataurant. Good location, excellent service, helpful personnel and competing pricing are the reasons to return here all the time.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Petr_Gruber, Front Office Manager at NH Prague City, responded to this review, October 31, 2010
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your compliments of the Moevenpick Hotel Prague. We consider a return visit one of the best compliments we could receive and are grateful that we are your favourite hotel in Prague. Thank you again for your review and we will look forward to welcoming you back!
Best Regards, Petr Gruber, Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Zaandam, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Rooms are standard and quite good but nothing special, Executive wing is just a nice name - rooms are about the same as the main building, it only takes you longer to get there by cablecar.
Dinner was absolutely great in the Il Giardino restaurant - staff very friendly and attentive, food was delicious.
The concierge was... let's say not very service oriented. I ordered a taxi and got the hotel limo - not wat I asked for so I turned it down, too expensive. Then I had to press him to get me a normal cab which he finally did. What bothered me the most is that he made me feel that I had made a mistake by not asking for "a regular taxi - and please do not get me the hotel limo.." I didn't even know that they had a hotel limo.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank NicoMeyer
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on tripadvisor.com. I am glad that you liked the dinner and the service in Il Giardino restaurant. I am sorry to hear about your experience with our concierge. Although our hotel offer own limousine service, the guests have always two options. You can order either our limousine service or regular radio taxi and I am very sorry for what your experienced. We hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back in Moevenpick Prague.
Best Regards, Petr Gruber Front Office Manager
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Hotel is outside the centre but is close to tram stop. Area outside the front of the hotel is a bit run down and a motorway flyover is a short distance away. Pleasant gardens behind between the lower and upper hotel - although views of Prague are limited due to trees. Our room was at the front and was comfortable but had a very small window (although the only view was of the motorway). Rooms at the back of the hotel had small balconies. Interior is getting old needs a refresh. Buffet breakfast was very good - and with the exception of one waitress service was friendly and pleasant.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CDM52
Dear Guest,
Thank you for spending your valuable time and sharing your comments with us. It was pleasure for us to welcome you in Moevenpick Hotel Prague. We hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back again
Best Reagrds, Petr Gruber, Front Office manager
Cairo
Reviewed September 9, 2010

The services is very good for 4 stars hotel, check in was ok, helpful staff, good rooms and clean, everything was good but the location it is about 4 stops to the city center I belive it is not very far but nothing special at this hotel and at the same time the Andel area is not so safe at night and with the same price I can accommodate in nearer place to the city center so I'd recommend not to accommodate in it.

• Stayed August 2010
Petr_Gruber, Front Office Manager at NH Prague City, responded to this review, October 13, 2010
Dear Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and were satisfied with our staff and services. This is going to be shared with them to encourage their further progress. Concerning our location, city centre is easy accessible by public transportation and you can spend night in quiet area which is our benefit. This is the reason why is our location praised in many other reviews.Thank you again for your review and we hope you will reconsider staying with again in the future.
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Stayed there for a week and had an amazing experience. Arrived on 08:00 and got rooms immediately (!) even though they were only committed to 15:00. Clean rooms, superb breakfast, polite staff. Location not a problem as the Prague metro is amazingly fast. Thumbs up, way up!

Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank selend
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to place your positive comments on this website. It is very motivating for us to read such a nice words. We hope to welcome you back to Moevenpick Hotel Prague.
Scotland
Reviewed September 7, 2010

This is a large, modern hotel in an area of Prague that is clearly regenerating. Getting into the old town involves a 5 minute walk to the tram stop and a 10 minute tram journey. It feels a safe area.

Check-in was fine (despite our having failed to read our voucher properly!) and the room, on the top floor of the lower building, was excellent. Our only reservation would be the one mentioned by another reviewer: the pillows are very insubstantial. The free wi-fi was very welcome.

Breakfast was a treat - a really good buffet with a wide range of things to tempt us. We did notice that drinks in the bar were quite expensive. All in all, though, a very good deal, booked through Expedia.

• Stayed September 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for spending your valuable time and sharing your comment with us. It was pleasure for us to welcome you in Moevenpick hotel Prague. We hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back again.
tokyo
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Last month I made second visit to Prague, Czech republic and I found the most uncomfortable,unkind girl I've ever met at a front desk in Moevenpick Hotel located Prague 5.

I arrived the hotel on August 15 Sunday.

Hotel lobby was not so busy and i went to blond reception girl wearing a pair of glasses.

I asked her to give me subway map in Prague.

To my astonishment she suddenly flushed and angrily picked up a few copy of ciy map and threw them toward me.

she strongly blew her breath with both her arms widely opened like a pigeon that was about to fly over.

Is there something wrong with my manner?

Is it discrimination??

I wanna have a definite answer from a president of Moevenpick Hotel in Prague.

Is it a welcome manners in Czech way??

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank johnny-deppminami
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review with us. We do highly appreciate all the feedbacks from our guests as it helps us to improve our services. I am very sorry for your negative experience with one of our reception staff. I was very surpriced and shocked from described behaviour, because providing the guests with free city map is one of the most common activities at reception.
Once again, I am very sorry for mentioned dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay. I hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again.