“Excellent stay”

Ranked #147 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Lovosice, Czech Republic
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We have spent second stay in this hotel and our experience was always wonderful. All is starting by great communication with booking service at hotel and ending by pleasure checking out. During our stay we enjoy best services and meal. Hotel is situated two subway stations from downtown and provides good point to explore Prague. Our next stay at Prague will be at against there. I have to say thanks to all staff of hotel for my stay there. Radek and Lenka

Room Tip: Hotel has two parts, the downside of hotel is busy and full of life, the second part is reachable by...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Petr_Nespurek, General Manager at NH Prague City, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you very much for your positive feedback you posted on Tripadvisor web page. Especially your remark concerning the staff is very valuable for me as this is currently the main point where our effort is concentrated. I am really happy to read that you enjoyed your trip to Prague and stay in our hotel and I am looking forward to welcome you back.

Yours sincerely

Petr Nešpůrek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Saratoga Springs, NY
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a week of meetings in Prague. Hotel was chosen for me. Pleasantly surprised at quality if room. Clean, new, not too small like many I've stayed in while in Europe. All good.

Wifi was spotty. Sometimes couldn't find. That was frustrating.

Food was pretty good. Room service menu is limited. More choices in restaurant. Breakfast is included and buffet is above average.

All in all this was a nice place. I stayed in the upper building. I think these are nicer. The cable car ride up to the upper building is pretty cool and provides nice views of the city...although it is quite slow which is stressful when you're in a rush.

Is recommend overall though.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guests,

thank you for your compliments on our hotel. It was certainly pleasure for all of us to be at your service. We are looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Shropshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Just spent 4 days at NH Hotel Prague, excellent Hotel very clean and WOW a Breakfast not to be missed. This weekend break was through Newmarket Holidays and I must say everything went according to plan But the Bonus was the NH Hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

we very much appreciates your comments regarding your stay at the NH Hotel Prague. It is always a pleasure to receive such a positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Yours Sincerely

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The hotel offers lately renovated rooms, that provide the nh standards. They are clean and functional. Superior rooms are located in a adjacent building, that can be reached by a cable car only. It sure is a thrill, but providing room for only a handful of passenger, it becomes a challenge to use at peak times. Staff is friendly and efficient. The location is a bit remote from all the attractions, but public transport is around the corner. If you look for a clean place with reasonable prices, but no frills, get there.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear guest,

thank you so much for your very kind review. We truly appreciate you chose our hotel for your stay in Prague. The whole team of NH Hotel Prague is looking forward to your next visit. Thank you once again.

Best Regards

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Stayed 3 times during the last 12 months. Generally its an average hotel if you take the rooms in the main building. Rooms are not too spacious, furniture and carpet doesent look very fresh. Wi-Fi coverage is limited, network is slow.
The rooms in the upper part of the hotel - as far as I understand premium - are much better in general.

Although location is excellent, you can walk, use public transport or car, the accessibility is great.
One more thing = really outstanding breakfast court.

Room Tip: Take the rooms in the upper part of the Hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

thank you for choosing the NH Hotel Prague and sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay in our property. I'm glad you found aspects of your stay which you enjoyed, and we will take a look at the ones that were not up to your full satisfaction. It would be a pleasure being able to welcome you here with us again in order to show you our improvements.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This hotel is rather unusual as it has two parts; the lower part at street level and an upper section on the hill above which is joined by a what is described as a cable car but is actually a funicular as it travels on rails.
I stayed on the ground floor at the top part which seemed to be more luxurious. It was early December and pretty cold but found the room too hot. Being on the ground floor I would like to have opened the door/window (it was one of those typically found on the continent which can be opened at the top or used as a door) but felt slightly uneasy doing this as had trouble getting the door closed once I had opened it. I would recommend getting a room off the ground floor to address this.
The room itself was modern and clean as NH usually are.
I had dinner at the restaurant in the upper part. The (Argentinian) steak was excellent and well presented and found some good local wines to accompany that.
Restaurant staff were very helpful and parts of the service team were also good.
The location is on the edge of town and not within convenient walking distance to the main square but that is not a major issue as taxi fares to this side of the Charles bridge are around CZK 160- 180 unless you use the hotel taxis which are double the price. (Get them to order one in).

I would stay at this hotel again and would actually consider using this restaurant again even if I was staying elsewhere. it is very unusual to find a mid range hotel offering this quality although i did try only two dishes. Note that Prague is over-populated with restaurants especially in an around the Charles Bridge and the main square. I was out and about between 6 - 9 pm and noticed that most had few customers save for those in prime locations (e.g. main square).

Prague by night is arguably the most enticing and enchanting city I have been too and must boast some of the finest medieval architecture around. The main square had a large Christmas tree (see pic) and I can recommend the hotel and city as as wonderful Weekend break. Obviously if money is no object there are doubtless more centrally located hotels but was happy with my stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael D
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your very kind review. We truly appreciate you chose our hotel for your stay in Prague. The whole team of NH Hotel Prague is looking forward to your next visit. Thank you once again.

Best Regards

Praha
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I didn't stay in this hotel but had lunch there and it was a joke. The menu was extremely limited - 2 daily offer main courses plus some pizza, burgers, etc. We had one of those daily offer meals that arrived coldish. The waitress apologized but discount from the bill would had been much more appropriate. There used to be hotel Movenpick in the same building and I actually thought I was about to have lunch there. When I arrived, it became clear the building was no longer owned by Movenpick but by this NH chain. Real disappointment.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor and providing us with invaluable feedback regarding you stay at our property. I'm sorry to learn you were not entirely happy about our lunch and I will make sure to share your feedback with the relevant members of our team. Once again thank you for reviewing our hotel and hope you will pick our hotel the next time you decide to visit Prague.