“a perfect holiday”
Review of NH Prague City

NH Prague City
Ranked #150 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is my 3rd review on this beautiful hotel (and hopefully not the last one).
We have spent our summer holiday (6 nights) in Prague and we have chosen this hotel - although my previous review (from April) was not quite Excellent.
As loyal guest (it was our 9th stay at NH Prague) we had a very warm welcome (Thank you very much Mr. Petr Nespurek !), and we were accommodated in the Executive Building.
Best summer holiday we had in (many) years! It was just perfect. We will return as many times we will have the occasion.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank emmamod
Petr_Nespurek, General Manager at NH Prague City, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Guest,
we very much appreciates your comments regarding your stay at the NH Hotel Prague. It is always a pleasure to receive such a positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Yours Sincerely,

There are newer reviews for NH Prague City

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights while travelling on a Cosmos Tour.

The first impression we got of the hotel was the overwhelming stink of cigarette smoke in the hotel. All over the hotel. The reception area opened up to the upstairs floors so even though we requested non smoking, you could smell the hideous stench of cigarette smoke everywhere, even in the restaurant and especially in the bar. If you are a smoker this won't bother you but if you aren't this will be a major turn off.

The room was fine, we had a small balcony and it overlooked the rear garden area so was a little quieter than the front rooms that faced the street.

There is a small gift shop that sells souvenirs and things. The hotel is also around the corner from a house that Mozart lived in for a few years.

WiFi was unreliable and we found this frustrating but had the same experience in the NH Hotel in Berlin so perhaps it is a widespread problem?

The breakfast was sheer chaos and we had trouble finding a table. We were told that they had 500 people for breakfast both days we ate there. It was so loud we couldn't hear ourselves think much less hold a conversation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the back garden if you want a little quieter location.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jetadventureguru
Petr_Nespurek, General Manager at NH Prague City, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear guest,
thank you very much for posting your review at TripAdvisor and thus sharing your experience with us. I'm so sorry to read about the less pleasant parts of your stay with us. Please be assured that I've read your review thoroughly and I will follow up with the relevant departments immediately . I hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back at our our hotel in future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have to say, that I had a mixed feeling from this hotel. At first - the place can hardly be better. It lies almost directly at one of the main centres in Prague. A lot of shops in the area with anything you want or need. The staff at reception is polite, no problem. I was very disappointed with the quality of room. Perhaps the real reason was that I expected a lot, because the hotel looks well from outside and the lobby hall as well. But the facilities in room were either rusty or old, so there are a lot of things to be improved. Finally, don't forget to use the funicular to the upper part of hotel with great view on Prague. Plus don't avoid great breakfast.

Dear guest,
I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with your recent stay at our property. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better. I would like to asure you that we plan the reconstruction of the rooms since January 2013. Thank you again for your comment.

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there between October 19th to October 20th. The room was clean but a small story happened. I asked on of the staff in the receiption about using the phone for local calls in Prague and she said it's free of charge & you can use the receiption's phone. On the next day, I tried to use the receiption's phone and the lady told me you can call from your room and it costs 0.5 euro per mintues. This minor mistake happens anywhere but since the hotel is not a 5 stars it was ok.
The location and breakfast were ok. If you book an executive room you will go to your room by cable car and that makes the experience nice but you will have to wait sometimes since the cable car takes time and it's slower than elevators.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about our hotel. Despite of your negative experience with us I do believe that you enjoyed your stay in Prague and that you will give us another opportunity to improve your impression in the future.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We have spend a very good time in Nh hotel Prague. We have had a very nice dinner in IL Giardino restaurant with excellent service. Rooms was really clean and all peaple in hotel was friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Dear Guest,
thank you so much for staying at the NH Hotel Prague and posting this review at TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear you had a great time at our hotel, and hope you decide to return to Prague and our hotel again. Thank you again for your nice comment.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

excellent hotel
One problem that happened more than 3 times is that members of staff kept knocking the door and entering the room at 8 am!
Breakfast was very good, excellent variety
Reception staff very friendly and helpful

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Dear guest,
thank you so much for your kind review. We truly appreciate you chose our hotel for your stay in Prague. The whole team of NH Hotel Prague is looking forward to your next visit. Thank you once again.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Convenient for business in its location. I had a superior room which was spacious with two queens. The breakfast is quite alright. The matrasses have had their best time as I could feel the springs. I loved the fact that I had a small balcony. The gym, something i'm always quite keen on was well equipped, very pleasant.
For me, it did the job. The reception staff was very good and helpful. For my business matters in Prague I would stay again.

Room Tip: The atrium carries a lot of sound upstairs and a higher floor is recommended. Also try to get a room...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Petr_Nespurek, General Manager at NH Prague City, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Guest,
thanks for your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and I hope we will have another opportunity to see you and your colleagues, family or friends in our hotel. Thank you again.

Kind regards,