“Modern hotel in Prague”

Ranked #157 of 651 Hotels in Prague
Brisbane
“Modern hotel in Prague”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is a very modern hotel with lots of good facilities. The rooms are a good size, clean and well maintained. There is a little cable car that takes you up to a bar where you can sit and enjoy the views ( you can't really see the city but it is a nice little bar for a drink before dinner). This hotel is just across the river and a little south of the main square and you can easily walk into town over the many bridges or catch the number 9 tram. The breakast is awesome!! so much to choose from - sausages, bacon, fresh fruit, pastries, omlette cooked any way you like by the chef, teas, juices and cereals, cold meats and cheeses. They have a little fridge in the room so you can store any cold food/drinks you may buy. A good clean,modern hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Mrazova, Front Office Manager at NH Prague City, responded to this review, July 31, 2011
Dear Guest, first of all let me thank you very much for sharing your experience at our hotel not only with the TripAdvisor community, but also with us. We're glad you enjoyed our rooms facilities and our high quality breakfast. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in our hotel next time you decide to visit Prague. Sincerely Helena Mrázová, Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed July 21, 2011

good hotel with better than average fitness facility. wonderful restaurant on the upper level. The front desk staff are very easy to work with for the most part. In particular, ask for Patricie Georgievova! Some of the best service I have ever received from a front desk attendant and I travel the world all the time. She is attentive to your needs, can recommend great places to dine or drink, exceptional service for arranging taxis, etc. She made my and my teams stay a pleasure.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Mrazova, Front Office Manager at NH Prague City, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you very much for your positive feedback you posted on Tripadvisor. Especially your remark concerning our front office staff is very valuable for me. I am really happy to read that you enjoyed your trip to Prague and stay in our hotel and I am looking forward to welcome you back. High Regards Helena Mrázová, Front Office Manager
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Stayed for three nights, and I was really impressed by the quality of the hotel and the staff working. The only bad thing is the quality of the food in their restaurant, Il Giardino, which is not equivalent to a 4 stars hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank charlieinn
Dear Guest,
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your positive comments. I am so sorry to learn of your disappointment with our Il Giardino Restaurant. We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future. Best Regards, Helena Mrázová, Front Office Manager
Gold Coast
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed here for a week in May and found the hotel perfect for us, we were upgraded upon arrival and had a huge room that was inviting and clean.

My young son thought the cable car between hotels was fantastic and the view from the excecutive hotel is one to see!

Breakfast was really good, one of the best on our trip, and the location was handy with the train and tram stations just a short walk away

I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank CalM04
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your comprehensive comments. We appreciate a lot that you dedicated your time to share your positive experience from the Moevenpick Hotel Prague at Tripadvisor.com. I was very delighted by your remarks on the quality of the breakfast and other services. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Prague.
Best Regards, Helena Mrázová, Front Office Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I have just returned from a three day break in Prague staying at the Moevenpick hotel. Being a frequent traveller with work I have stayed at a broad range of hotels and was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. The hotel has a nice open reception area with a bar (selling ice cream too) and a small beer garden. The rooms were generously sized and quiet. I was however staying on the 6th floor of the main building. What really impressed me was the breakfast room and the range of food available. It is bright and full of natural light and you would be sure to find something to your liking there, hot or cold. I've stayed at bigger named hotels that have not had as good a selection as this. As for it's location, it set about 400 meters away from Andel tube stop which is only four stops in to the centre of Prague. Also there is a major tram interchange here so you can use these to to get to most of the major attractions such as the Charles Bridge and even the Palace. It only takes 5 or 6 minutes to walk down. The hotel even sells tickets so you can get straight on your choice of transport. Also in this area is a major shopping centre with a Tesco supermarket and some really good restaurants and cafes. I especially recommend Zlatny Klas which you would walk past on the way down to Andel. It has a massive menu of Czech food and good beer. Importantly many locals seemed to be dining there which is always a good sign. They also own the Italian restaurant next door which also looked very nice. I would be happy to stay here again especially if I get the low room rates made available on the travel booking websites.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank shosta11
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your appreciative comments. Whole our team and I are delighted to know that you had a memorable experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back. High regards Helena Mrázová, Front Office Manager
Devon UK

With some changes this hotel would be rated 5 overall
The negatives are :
- staff geared for business and not individual holiday makers in their approach to customer relations
- no explanations as to car parking charges as you could be charged 28 euros more ( a day charge) even if you had only gone into the next day charging period only by an hour. I paid a day charge when I was not parked for a day. People need to know the facts before not after!
- some directions emailed to me before arrival (thanks) but they need to be much more specific as a simple mistake can take you miles away on the one way confusing road system nearby. If you are not a confident driver then beware!
- no real help offered by the hotel "driver" as to how to get to the airport in my rental car. I always leave early "just in case" and I was glad that I did. Another example of how clints need help appropriate to them / business people take taxis paid for by their companies / travellers need a different sort of service.
There was an extortionate charge for WiFi whereas several other hotels on our Czech/Germany/Austria road trip offered free wifi.
I may be sounding pedantic now but the bath towels were not as good in our room as you would expect in a cheap 3 star hotel.

The POSITIVES are important:
- close to shops, restaurants. metro, trams
- good value for money on a room only basis
- room was quiet as I had asked for and non smoking
- We would go there again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MalcolmandSue
Dear Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We regret that we were not able to provide you with the services you expected. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay at our hotel. Concerete steps and actions in order to improve our services in this respect have been already taken. We do hope that you won´t let this experience prevent you from using or recommending us again.
Best Regards, Petr Gruber, Front Office Manager
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed July 17, 2011

The hotel is very nice, it consists of two buildings, one lower and one upper, with a 24-7 cable car service between the two. From the upper hotel (Executive part) you have a marvellous view over Prague from the Tower bar and the restaurant, which is a great restaurant, by the way. As I understand you also have free internet from every room.
From the lower hotel (where we stayed) you have to get your personal key from the reception first, but internet is free of charge in the hotel lobby. If you want internet from your own room here, it is very expensive.
The hotel surroundings are not very charming, but it is only a short walk to the metro station Andél, from where bus number 9 and the metro train depart - you will be in the city centre in 10 minutes.
The staff are all very nice, fast and friendly. We went into the city, taking both our key cards with us and expecting a hot and humid room when we returned, but the cleaning staff had been kind enough to place another key card in the slot in our room to keep the aircondition running. We found that very thoughtful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ejensen8
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for such a nice words. We value your positive comments on the Moevenpick hotel staff and appreciate your trust to housekeeping ladies, reception and restaurand staff. We do hope that if you find yourself back in Prague you will once again choose to stay at the Moevenpick Hotel Prague.
High Regards, Helena Mrázová, Front Office Manager