“Fantastic Stay”

Ranked #1 of 358 Prague B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“Fantastic Stay”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 11 days in August and it met all of our expectations. The location is just outside of the city center so we were far enough away from the tourist crowds but close enough to walk just about anywhere. If needed, the train and bus are only a few steps away at Miro Nameste square. There are wonderful restaurants just an easy walk away. Our favorites were Zelena Zahrada and Dish. The proprietors are very accommodating and the rooms are very clean, updated, and comfortable. Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard. Ours had a walk-in closet. We especially liked the kitchenette just outside our door that had a fridge, sink, coffee maker, and cupboards stocked with plates, cups, etc. It's shared with a couple other rooms but very private and nice for those leftovers from the restaurants, cheeses and farmers market items as well as bakery goods that need refrigeration. Although I thought the beds were a little too firm for me, my friend loved them. I would definitely stay there again. You just can't beat the price for the quality.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the courtyard. It's very pretty and sunny.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
vltesar, Owner at HOLIDAY HOME - Hotel, Pension, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Kinberlee, let me thank you once more for staying with us during your visit to Prague. Thanks as well for suporting us here with such a nice comments. Please. pass regards to your friend and all the beautiful Colorado nature next to your city. Good luck. Sincerely. Vladimir

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Cambridge
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My sister, niece and I stayed in Holiday Home for a short 3-day break; this is a superb choice for a very reasonable price. The whole building is beautiful and excellently maintained. Our room was for 3 adults, had a lovely ensuite bathroom, fridge, table and chairs and safe. The room was very spacious with high ceilings, carefully decorated and clean. When we had a minor problem with the bed linen, it was very quickly sorted. Wifi is very good. We arrived late but the owner, Mr Tesar, had arranged for our late arrival. He had been very helpful with planning before the trip, responding promptly to emails.The other staff, as well as Mr Tesar, were extremely kind in answering questions to support our stay, e.g. suggesting restaurants, routes and transport around the city - one young woman on reception went out of her way to find us the best way to visit an ice hockey match. Metro and tram sites are very near, but a walk to Wenceslas Square only takes 15 minutes. There are good local restaurants, avoiding heavy tourist venues, in a lovely area easy for walking. Also, there is a late-opening market shop down the road and then one street over is a Tesco Express supermarket so you can get provisions for yourself easily. We had hotel breakfast on the first morning and it was fine but chose to eat out or have fruit in our room instead on the other mornings. I recommend this pension with enthusiasm; it is excellent value for money, convenient, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Carol, let me thank you, to your sister and niece for your stay in our property and for your excellent comments. We are really happy that you have enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit to Prague - hopefully soon. Greetings from Prague. Vladimir
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We recently stayed at Holiday Home for 5 nights and enjoyed the quiet, comfortable, relaxed atmosphere. The building is 100 years old, very clean and full of character. My husband and I stayed in a double room with bathroom which was separate and secure from a shared kitchen area with fridge. We wanted to be out of the tourist area to get more of a feel for the people of Prague, and we were very happy with our decision. The area is safe to walk, with many choices of nearby restaurants with very good reasonably priced food( prices much better than in the tourist area) We had breakfast at the hotel, it was very good for the price we paid, sliced meats, cheese, muesli, bread, hard boiled eggs and tasty hot coffee. We walked to the sites as well as took the tram, easy and cheap. We arrived by train and walked to the hotel, and when we left the airport was an easy metro ride and bus for approximately $3.2 Cdn for the two of us. The owners are very kind, well organized and very helpful with any questions. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your great review and for choosing our property for your visit to Prague. You were really nice clients, real practical travellers - so we have enjoyed having you here as well.
We look forward to meet you again. Good luck. Sincerely Vladimir
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed October 11, 2013

At the end of September 2013,I flew to Prague for a one week vacation on my own
Sixteen years ago I received a recommendation to stay at Mr.Tezar's Pension in Prague .I decided to stay there and enjoyed my stay very much.Still remembering this very positive experience sixteen years later, I had recently decided to look up the address of the hotel on the internet and wrote to Mr.Tezar telling him that I'd like to come back and stay at his hotel for 7 days at the end of September. He answered politely and promptly and made a reservation for me.When I got to the hotel which now was completely renovated and looked so nice, elegant and very aesthetic ,I was very warmly welcomed by Mr.Tezar, the owner of this family hotel, as well as by the receptionist who took me personally to my beautiful one room apartment.

I must say that my recent stay in Prague and in particular at the Holiday-Home Hotel turned this vacation into one of my most wonderful and unforgettable vacations.The location of the hotel is central and safe and everything is within walking distance. I personally walked everywhere most of the time.The rooms and the bathrooms are very clean and there is a fridge and a coffee corner. The hotel itself is very beautiful and quiet and the atmosphere is most pleasant.It's really like being at home, although far away from home.The breakfast served in the dining room was very tasty and fresh. Every morning before leaving the hotel,I received very good suggestions and recommendations from the hotel's staff, as to how to spend my time ,which places to visit etc.,All my questions were always answered by the very friendly,kind and most helpful English speaking managers and staff. Rates and prices of the rooms are very reasonable and decent and of outstanding value.

I've already recommended this hotel to all my good friends as well as colleagues at the university where I work. I would also recommend it to anyone travelling to Prague!!!!!!!!

It's a fantastic hotel and I really love it!!! I hope to come back very soon to this warm and so friendly home- hotel,however, next time for sure ,I'm not going to wait sixteen years….A Most Highly Recommended Hotel !!!!!!!

Anat Lieberman,Israel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank anat l
Dear Anat,
It was real pleasure for us to welcome you back to Holiday Home & have you here again after such a long time. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay and we look forward to meet you here again, once you will visit Prague next time, hopefully earlier than after 16 years. Regards. Vladimir
Brossard, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Pros:
1) Reasonable cost
2) location 1 metro stop away from Wenceslas Square
3) tram & metro 100m away from hotel
4) Good room
5) great hosts
Cons:
1) poor quality toilet paper (or bring your own)
2) poor breakfast, although reasonable cost at 4 euros

All in all a good choice for a budget-type hotel near the center of Prague

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Huy,
thank you for your stay in Holiday Home & your helpful comments. We were pleased to provide you our service. We hope to have chance to welcome you here again sometimes in future. Sincerely Vladimir
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Towels and bedding of low quality and old (one pillowcase had a patch). Stayed 7 days and no change of bedding. Away from the main tourist atractions. We had to share the fridge with 2 other apartments (it is out of the room). The kitchen had no stove, microwave or toaster.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JSimionato
vltesar, Owner at HOLIDAY HOME - Hotel, Pension, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Joao, it is pity that you have not mentioned anything of your current feedback during your stay here, despite we met each other several times and I personally asked you at least twice if "everythink is all right?" and if "you do not need anything?". We could take care and solve at least some of your notes. Concerning the price - I believed that 58 EUR/double/night in mid September (full season) is fair price, but OK, I will do my best and will compare and re-consider prices once more. As we work as hotel-pension and we use to sell just rooms, not apartments, the tea/coffee kitchenette next to the room we understand as additional feature for our clients, insted of eg. 2 armchairs in common entrance hall. It is promoted as tea/coffe kitchenette only in all our website presentations, nowhere is presented as full loaded kitchen. So I am sorry, if this did not fullfill your expectations. I thank you for your stay with us and for your feedback. I wish you good luck. Sincerely Vladimir
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

This was probably the best value we have had in seven weeks of travel. Room compact but very adequate. Ok breakfast. Excellent wifi, very informed and helpful hosts, out of the tourist throng but just 50 metres and 2 underground stops to the centre of the action. Very good and well priced local restaurants and pubs.
And Prague is magnificent!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jim,
many thanks for your stay and the great review. We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you concluded happily your travel in Europe. Hopefully, we will have chance to welcome you in Prague again. By that time - sincerely Vladimir